Author Topic: Nectar Making Career and Consignment Store  (Read 8434 times)

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
Nectar Making Career and Consignment Store
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:03:08 PM »
Hello all!

So if I've got a self-employed Nectar Maker, does selling Nectar through the consignment store impact their job experience? I've heard mixed answers on this, so if anyone knows for sure, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Nectar Making Career and Consignment Store
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:43:41 AM »
What do you mean by impact the job experience? 

Most of the people I know that have actually done the Nectar Maker career used the consignment shop to sell all their wares.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »
Huh, ok.  I'll keep testing it, maybe I'm just not noticing . . .

Sorry I wasn't clear. :)

My reason for asking is two-part:

I read somewhere (both here, though now I can't find it), and on the official forums, that selling Nectar through the Consignment store does not raise the job experience bar.

My Nectar Making Sim is selling his nectar at the consignment store, and his job experience bar doesn't seem to be going up, though everything else is consigning alright, so my consignments store isn't bugged. 

I'm still double-checking, just to see if I'm not noticing something/missing something, but I was wondering if someone here knew one way or the other.

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »
It's been a very long time since I did it so if you don't think it's working, then I would stop doing it that way immediately and just start selling through inventory/buy mode.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
Selling nectar at the consignment store has worked for me. You don't get credit for it until it is actually sold to someone else, so sometimes you have to wait a day or two. But if it's selling and you're not getting promotions, then just sell it from your inventory.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »
You also get credit for selling nectar that you didn't make. You can buy it from the consignment store or the nectary or find it in a tomb and still get credit for your career when you sell it.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 12:04:21 AM »
Sometimes selling the consignment store adds to your experience, sometimes it doesn't.  It should increase your sim's job experience, and always has for me, but alot of people say it doesn't work for them.  I don't think any knows why, or has a solution.  I would try deleting and replacing the consignment store register, and if that doesn't work try entering "resetsim *" (without quotes), and then if that doesn't work try deleting your caches.  If none of that works, I'm afraid I don't know how to help you, other than a complete reinstall, which would probably fix it, but would be rather drastic for such a minor ( compared to other problems) problem.

My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 12:59:29 AM »
I tried the Nectar Maker profession and yes, I sold all my wares at the consignment store. The experience bar goes up every time the consignment store notifies my that I've made an X amount of sales. I reached level 10 of the career doing this.