Author Topic: Sim-related randomness  (Read 19545 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Sim-related randomness
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 06:29:01 AM »
I just realised why we call babies nooboos. I had an inkling that it was a sim word, but only after all this time did I actually hear a sim saying it. I was watching the babysitter (that I didn't really need, I only wanted to sit in the car for a minute) play with the baby. I had always thought that it just made sense - like a cute way of saying noob - as in new.

Leto85

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
I just realised why we call babies nooboos. I had an inkling that it was a sim word, but only after all this time did I actually hear a sim saying it. I was watching the babysitter (that I didn't really need, I only wanted to sit in the car for a minute) play with the baby. I had always thought that it just made sense - like a cute way of saying noob - as in new.

Noob means new? Ah yes of course: from newbie.
I've never heard sims calling babies nooboos. Thought I thought it was some kind of slang word used here but it was not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 08:07:34 AM »
When my self sim and her husband cuddle on the bed before woohoo she often says the word nooboo among the random simlish, worries me when she does that. I find myself talking to the screen telling her "no more nooboos you have enough!", seems there's never enough for family oriented sims.

Not sure what voice file she uses it's the sort of husky one. Not heard the other voices do that. She also calls them nooboo when taking them out or putting them in the crib.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »

My sims have always called them nooboos when taking them from the crib and snuggling them. I thought everyone's sims did that. Also, if you listen the French song "Je t'aime" it has nooboo in it. ".... oh nooboo, chez un"

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »
I've heard nooboo used in some of the simlish translated songs where the word baby should have been.  I can't think of them now but I might just turn on my Sim's radio later to listen.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 10:25:57 AM »
The Lady Antebellum song 'Need You Now' has the word nooboo in. I'm not sure which radio station it is on though.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »
I was sorting my bookmarks(favourites) this morning, and I found a link to an interesting site. I was going to post it, but I realised I might not be allowed since it has CC.

I must have bookmarked it for later - because I don't remember what I kept it for, but it has some interesting stuff on it. I don't know how hard/simple it would be, but I'm assuming that the person has copied some resources from slide-able paintings and added them to the awnings and wall TVs. There's other stuff as well, but I found that bit especially interesting if anyone wants to check it out. The Site is Fuzzy Logic Dishwasher.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 06:30:20 AM »
I haven't played my beloved sims in two whole weeks now. I'm currently doing some updates - adding new store content to my .package file (I just clicked over 1GB not including worlds!) - and installing seasons on my laptop. I'm thinking of creating a few 'clean' folders on my lappy for specific game files. One for my world creation, one for challenges, one for general play, and one for dynasties.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 05:05:36 AM »
My sim was working on his business plan, and is stapling it on the wrong side! All the writing is justified to the left, so he should staple it on the left! Just a small thing.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »
This thread make me smile for a moment. I've been reading it from first post.
Thank you for creating this, Chuckles. It's nice to know when you know that you're not alone.
May I join you here? I wanna write something too about my Sims :D

I really miss Thomas and Theresia! I want to play with them soon. It's currently at Third Generations and I'm still can't decide who will be the heirs. Because I do love them both and this is second time I had twins as next generation. So, it's hard for me to decide it. I'm watching them from nooboo and here they are as fully grown young adult! Surely time flies so fast!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
Absolutely Eldridge! This is a sim-related babble thread for all :D I'd love to see more random sim stuff!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »
Absolutely Eldridge! This is a sim-related babble thread for all :D I'd love to see more random sim stuff!

Thank you so much, Chuckles :D

So, it's yesterday then. I had a plan to create another Sims. Just one Sims will do for some testing purpose.
I had searched through Sims bin that I already had. I found the Sims that I looking for and I modified it into something better and add more touch. 
At first, the plan is: I want to try a story for a single-parent that raising three nooboos that not even his child.

The background story is kinda tragic. For a Sims that previously ever had a twin. He is twinless now.
He lost his twin brother to an accident and then Grimmy appear, soon after that take his poor soul.
He even plea to Grimmy to don't take his soul, just take his soul instead for exchange. But, Grimmy not grant his wish.
He is still broken hearted and still in grieve for lost of his brother. He even blame himself, why that only him who survived?
Having lost someone so important to him, make his life miserable. He started lost his friend, lost his job and even almost lost his sanity...

But, before that almost happened. Someone that he didn't know just randomly appear in his house (the house too soon will be taken away by repo-man) and soon after that, left three nooboos in his home and say: 'Please take care of them!'

How this thing will change his fate?

That's the idea.

But, in the end I even created his counterpart. So, it's two of them. I named them, James and Jon.
And the bad thing is I already attached with these two and I don't want one of them to be sacrified even for story purpose.
The two of them are in University now. James took Technology as a Major and Jon took Physical Education. Both of them share the same appearance and some of same traits.

The only difference is James is a Brave Sims and Jon is a Family-Oriented Sims. Jon have tatooes but James doesn't. These two are really poor to enroll in Sim State University. Thankfully, they get a partial scholarship but even they have the scholarship only one of them who actually can go. At first James doesn't really mind about education, he suggested Jon to go, just don't mind him, but Jon is really insist. Because these two have been through all kind of hardship together.

In the end Jon even sell everything that he had so that James can take part too in University. So they can enroll in University together and James can reach his dream in Law Enforcement career. (And strangely the idea get through inside me that say it will be good if I add their background story as an orphan who decided to fight hard for their life in Sims cruel world. So, the story will start as a teenager). They are in University now and didn't have single simoleans and decided to live in Fraternity. Although two of them didn't have Genius traits, Jon work hard to get a Dean List after he heard a rumor that University will give funds for those who have an achievement.

Actually in game only Jon who have better achievement. He almost make it there. Maybe because of the traits and skills that he have is well-suited with the major he choose. The first term is nearly over and it's Thursday already in my last game.

Oops, sorry I didn't plan to be this long. That is Sim-related randomness that I had.
I hope that you don't mind :-[
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
Fly Lady is awesome.  I suffer badly with depression (am bipolar) and if it weren't for Fly Lady my house would be unlivable.   I also swear by The Spoon Theory. 

Bipolar sim would be friendly,  grumpy, easily excited, a heavy sleeper and obv, insane!  Spoonie sim would need to have most of the lifetime rewards to survive!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Chuckles_82

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 06:23:06 AM »
Me too for the depression, but not the bipolar. My sister is bipolar, and has to take some really serious medication. I won't go into it any more, lest we get in trouble for being too morose, but if you ever feel the need you are more than welcome to PM me to continue the conversation.

It's funny to see how traits effect how you play a sim. I played the hobos to heroes challenge a while back, and gave both sims all really bad traits to get the most bonuses. Funnily enough, all that really mattered was good moodlets, and fulfilling wishes. Still, if you play them with a more hands off style, then they would definitely need some help!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 06:03:44 AM »
Uck. I spent the whole day building, and still didn't come up with something I like. I think I'm having a major creative slump :( I was building for the ultimate dormitory building contest, but so far I've done 3 different builds, and not happy with any of them. Then I thought perhaps I might be able to use some of what I have for Cypress Lakes, but none of it is up to par.