Author Topic: Sim-related randomness  (Read 19538 times)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: Sim-related randomness
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2013, 07:05:30 PM »
I'm annoyed several times with Error Code 12. It's seem having a birthday party and do some makeover after that can make you lead into something inevitable. *sigh* because of this I must sell some sculpture and unneeded things from family inventory for my Immortal Dynasty. Fortunately, I have several saves backup before that nasty things happen. It's really devastated when you put your heart and mind while creating something and then that thing happen... Good thing is because I love to taking screen shots so, I have nothing to lose. I can recreate the style in no time :)

For Llama's sake! It's still generation two! There's still six generation left. And I do wonder that can I survive with this nasty things? *deep sigh*
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2013, 07:14:56 PM »
Why oh whyyy did I decide to start an immortal dynasty when I'm so busy with other simming projects and real life? I can now understand the appeal though--it's a fun challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »
I'm so happy I found this thread! There's something I've wanted to ask for ages but it didn't need it's own thread and it's Sim-related so it couldn't go on the babble thread. So... what kind of dirt/soil do you use? It's weird I know, but I can't never decide whether I should use the dark dirt/soil or the light dirt/soil. I don't why, I just get kind of concerned about it, even though it's not a big deal and you can hardly tell the difference. I think there are other dirt/soils you can use but those are the ones I use the most. It's the same with sand actually. I was going to use the raked sand for a kid's playground the other day (Sunlit Tides) but there were lots of other sands to choose from and I got pretty confused about it.

I'm happy I got that off my chest. I wanted to post about it ever since I joined the forum!

In other Sim-related randomness, I only discovered today the biggest drawback of not having Showtime installed (I lost the code)... genies! I can't have genies, I can't make genies, I can't have them as a life state in a Life States dynasty and worst of all... no wish for fortune! I'm also sad to have that bunny onsie gone from sleepwear because I liked to give it to my cute or insane (or both!) Sims and now I only have the slightly more revealing one from Seasons. Urgh, I need to find that code!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Chuckles_82

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2013, 07:08:37 AM »
I use dark soil most of the time - it somehow just looks more nutrient-rich. Not that it matters lol. However, in Cypress Lakes I have consistently used mixed soil. A mixture of several types can add more realism and make your terrain look more 3D, though.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
When I thought about creating some story of my Sims life. I almost can feel for them. It's like they are already part of my life. Especially for Sims with a tragic past or background story like that. Several times I found my self crying even that I'm not creating their story yet. Just some idea in my mind can make me drop the tears. My attachment to Sims that I played just to much to bear, it's like that they are actually real.

And I found that I'm usually attracted to Sims that some people didn't usually take notice of them. Some of them are unpopular, some of them are crazy, some of them are unique. And I can feel them much more than some Sims that popular.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2013, 10:24:29 AM »
I have The Sims 3 Pets for PS3 and sometimes I have my sims use the virtual reality goggles and pretty much in every adventure you hear a fly and this time I decided to watch my sim with the goggles for a little while and I heard the fly saw my sim grab it with his hands and put it up to his mouth and eat it then he wiped his hands on his pants. :P

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2013, 12:59:19 AM »
Randomness is literally the name of my biggest YouTube playlist. :D

I had a Sim whose sole purpose was to detonate as much public property as possible. Strangely, I don't remember receiving any fines for it.
Also, I made a huge pack of werewolves who just hunted like there was no tomorrow. Their needs were static, of course.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2013, 01:09:29 AM »
When I was little, my sister played the game a lot and she created our family. I was very emotionally invested in this, and always watched her playing. Only I got so emotionally invested in it that when my simself became an elder and was close to death, I hacked into her account and deleted the game file.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline InvenTeck

• Nooboo
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 05:09:32 AM »
Does playing Sims remind anyone else of the movie "The Truman Show"?

For me it does for several reasons.
1. Your Sim can not drive out of town.
2. Whenever your Sim goes to a public place townies start showing up.
3. You are like the director, always watching.

I'm sure there are more similarities.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2013, 08:10:59 AM »
I'm sorry, I love catsuits! The kind in 70's, 80's, 90's stuff, it's kind of bad. When I got it, I almost put every sim I've ever made in that outfit, at least once. They are just so fabulous! I can't tell you anything about the 70's except for catsuits. And feathered hair. And spandex. Oh! And my parents too.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Chuckles_82

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2013, 06:53:52 AM »
I was happily playing with my baby boomer family, and my hubby came in to give me another glass of wine, and pointed at my screen and said 'no.' I told him she has 6 girls - two sets of triplets. He said 'no.' again. I asked if he thought she should try for a boy lol. He said 'no.' hehe sigh... 3 is all I'm allowed to have in real life. I lit my very last number 1 birthday cake candle today :(

Chuckles_82

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »
I'm clocking up quite a list of programs that I use for my simming!

Obviously the game + expansions
CAP
CAW
S3PE
S3OC
Delphy's Pattern Packager
Delphy's Multi-pack Installer
Photoshop CS3
Inkscape
TSRW
Notepad ++
Paint.net
Gimp

Hmm... what else might I add in the future?!

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 11:37:42 AM »
I do get very personally invested in most of my sims.  Sometimes I think I even use them as therapy.

My theory on why I like the sims so much is that as I look back on life, I think we are often brought to forks in the road were we have to choose a path.  There are no saved games in real life and so we can't go back and try all the different paths and take the best one.  All we can do in real life is enjoy the path we are on. But the sims actually lets us go back and try those different paths and enjoy the 'what if's' we don't get to experience in real life. 

I'll confess to the secret that for a long while after I divorced my ex husband, I would put my simself and his simself in the same town.  Not together or anything crazy like that, but just existing in the same town.  I don't regret my divorce (I'm happily married to someone else, and so is my ex), but for a long time it gave me a sense of comfort to know that within the realm of possibilities in the sims universe, we'd maybe make better choices and be together like we hadn't been able to in real life.

Crazy, I know...

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
I've noticed something funny about my game. It has a habit of crashing/closing itself down but only when I need it to, if that makes sense. Obviously, it's never good when my game crashes on me but it's almost like it knows when I need to get off. Like just now, I was pretty absorbed in my game (not noticing the time) but it crashed only two minutes before my favourite TV programme started. I would have forgotten to watch it if it hadn't closed itself down. Another time was when I had homework for the next day and I'd spent the whole evening Simming. It was an hour before my bedtime and it had been running fine for hours on end but it decided just then to close down, so that I had enough time to do my homework. It's really quite spooky  :o
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2013, 10:04:26 PM »
Mine does that too! It's like it's telling me, helloooo it's well past midnight, time to go to bed!!

My random simness for the day is the way I store my CDs. I Store them right to left in order of release so that when I get them off the shelf for a full reinstall, the base game is facing on top. I could just turn the stack upside down, but then I'd be looking at the backs of the cases. Just a little OCD I know.