Author Topic: NRaas_MasterController removes LHP and Traits from Showtime  (Read 7187 times)

Leto85

NRaas_MasterController removes LHP and Traits from Showtime
« on: March 15, 2012, 05:20:56 AM »
I was wondering why my sim couldn't add another genie lamp through LHP anymore and why some traits where not visible at all, including all LHP from Showtime. I couldn't find any solution until it crossed my mind that mods could be the issue.
I used MasterController to check if my sims where having the hidden traits I was hoping they had and these are still functional. After removing the mod from my game everything was functional again.
It's an awesome mod, in my opinion, and very easy to use, but I advice all the Showtime owners not to use it at this time, until an newer version will arive.

For people without this expansion; I've never encountered any problems with this mod before.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: NRaas_MasterController removes LHP and Traits from Showtime
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »
Are you sure it was MasterController? I ask because I have various mods from Twallan and I haven't had a problem. However, some of Twallan's mods have been updated since 1.32, like ErrorTrap.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »
I have had weird issues with Twallan's mods as of late and little time to sit down and dig deeper into the problem than what I have observed. Initially I thought it was Overwatch as a whole (not just disabling Recover Missing Sims). Overwatch works fine for me now.

I hope to pinpoint exact issues this weekend and figure out what's causing what...but Error Trap is one of my problems so it makes it a little difficult.

Master Controller seems to be working fine for me except for the Expanded bit, Cheats.

Last Saturday all of my Simport progress reset back to 0/90 I still don't know why.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
After removing the mod from my game everything was functional again.
If you haven't already, I recommend posting at the wiki.

Last Saturday all of my Simport progress reset back to 0/90 I still don't know why.

Did you delete or otherwise empty your Downloads folder? Your data for simport is stored there.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »
No, that's the thing I didn't delete anything. I spent most of my sim time that Saturday in build mode building a house in Starlight Shores. When I finally actually played later that night, I was at 0/90. That was also when my mod issues started. I haven't had it happen again and I am ticking away at unlocking things when I have the chance to host and tour.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
I hope it doesn't happen again!

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 01:32:05 PM »
Well, it's always the question what really truckers the problem. If I was doubting I wouldn't made this topic. But fact is that ALL my problems according to above related issues where gone after moving this mod to the desktop.
I still have the No Intro mod installed which causes zero problems, as far as I can tell.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »
That's the only way I was able to fix some of my own problems, and that was remove the mod and test. I hope you get it working.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »
See this is my major beef with EA. They spend SO much time releasing pointless Stuff Packs sponsored by medocre hotty singers and other money making things that they can't be bothered to fix fundamental problems with their game. They just rely on people like Twallan and his mods.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 07:36:05 PM »
That's the only way I was able to fix some of my own problems, and that was remove the mod and test. I hope you get it working.

Thanks, but I got it already working. See my previous post.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 03:26:31 AM »
I was wondering why my sim couldn't add another genie lamp through LHP anymore and why some traits where not visible at all, including all LHP from Showtime. I couldn't find any solution until it crossed my mind that mods could be the issue.
I used MasterController to check if my sims where having the hidden traits I was hoping they had and these are still functional. After removing the mod from my game everything was functional again.
It's an awesome mod, in my opinion, and very easy to use, but I advice all the Showtime owners not to use it at this time, until an newer version will arive.

For people without this expansion; I've never encountered any problems with this mod before.

I bought Showtime a week ago; but, since reading all the problems people were having with blue screens, etc. I haven't installed it yet. I figured EA would release another patch and I'm waitiing for NRaas updates.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 04:21:14 AM »
I bought Showtime a week ago; but, since reading all the problems people were having with blue screens, etc. I haven't installed it yet. I figured EA would release another patch and I'm waitiing for NRaas updates.

Blue screens? Hmm, not familar with me here. Perhaps you can just backup your save files and give it a try: the installation. It's a cool expansion in my (and many others) opinion. EA did a great job in adding 'msn sims style' into this game.
But nontheless, you've accidentially dragged me offtopic. :P

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »
See this is my major beef with EA. They spend SO much time releasing pointless Stuff Packs sponsored by medocre hotty singers and other money making things that they can't be bothered to fix fundamental problems with their game. They just rely on people like Twallan and his mods.

I don't believe that's true at all. I think those "pointless" stuff packs, add life, and more options to my game, and sponsoring Katy Perry, isn't exactly new, and no different than TS2's H&M or Ikea Stuff Packs. EA does not expect Nraas industries, or Mod the Sims to hold their hand, and fix all the problems for them. Not everyone uses mods, and EA understands that. Sometimes, those problems are specifically related to the person's individual system so in that case, we have to put on our big kid panties and fix the problem ourselves. That's not EA's problem.

Were not really suppose to bash EA anyways. It really brings the mood down, and screams "Look at me, I have too much time on my hands, so I'm gonna rant, because I really have nothing better to do..."

I'm not trying to upset you, or hurt your feelings for my own amusement. Just know that bashing EA, is against the forum rules, and it's a bit off topic.  :)

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »
I finally have had a good amount of play time now with Showtime and I haven't experienced any problem with MC removing Showtime LHP Rewards/Traits from my sims.

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »
I finally have had a good amount of play time now with Showtime and I haven't experienced any problem with MC removing Showtime LHP Rewards/Traits from my sims.

I'm glad to hear that. Let's hope it will stay that way.

@Jeanemarie: nicely said. :)