Author Topic: New Store Set/Premium Content: Seeing Stars and The Hypnotizer  (Read 10298 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
There's a new Showtime-themed Set out in the Sims 3 Store that includes a new premium item. :) It's called Seeing Stars and looks very awesome! It even has one particular dress that looks exactly like one Lady Gaga once wore. ;D

For a performance that is mesmerizing both on stage and off, the audience will be captivated (and controlled) when your Sim steps into the spotlight with The Hypnotizer, and full collection of the Show Stopping Styles! With the Seeing Stars Set, in no time at all, your Sims will be seeing stars!

It comes with a new premium item - The Hypnotizer

Mesmerize and captivate family, friends (and, if you're a Showtime Magician, your audience too) with your very own Hypnotizer! Whether at home, or on a Showtime stage during a magic performance for hundreds to see... with the power of mind control, the spotlight will most definitely belong to you!

The set includes 34 new items - The Hypnotizer, 7 female hairstyles, 1 male hairstyle and lots of new clothes for your sims to take to the stage. :) Costs 2,100 SimPoints but is currently on sale for 1,700 SimPoints untill the 22nd of March.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: New Store Set: Seeing Stars with Premium Item - The Hypnotizer
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
I officially have this in my wishlist right now! We all know Lady Gaga is my idol, so I'm all over this! I do have to say though, a lot of the hair looks a lot like CC, with the foofiness, of my real world hair, but none the less, I still love it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
I treated myself to this set last night. Being a clothes horse that I am, I love what it offers. I will have to play with the hypnotizer this weekend.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
New Store Set: Seeing Stars with Premium Item - The Hypnotizer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
I got it too...mainly for the clothes.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 01:10:10 PM »
I'm curious about a couple functions of the hypnotizer, and was wondering if someone who owns this could please answer the following questions for me:

1.  Does this actually add a skill to the game called air guitar, which sims learn simultaneously with guitar when hypnotized to play it? 

2.  Will they keep playing the air guitar until told to stop? 

3.  While playing, do they learn guitar at a similar rate to playing the actual guitar?

4.  When a sim is hypnotized to fall in love with another sim, does it raise their relationship? 

5.  Can a sim be hypnotized to fall in love with another sim, and then continue their life, while still under hypnosis?

6.  Does hypnotizing one sim to fall in love with another sim have any lasting effects after the hypnosis is over?

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »
I'm curious about a couple functions of the hypnotizer, and was wondering if someone who owns this could please answer the following questions for me:

1.  Does this actually add a skill to the game called air guitar, which sims learn simultaneously with guitar when hypnotized to play it? 

2.  Will they keep playing the air guitar until told to stop? 

3.  While playing, do they learn guitar at a similar rate to playing the actual guitar?

4.  When a sim is hypnotized to fall in love with another sim, does it raise their relationship? 

5.  Can a sim be hypnotized to fall in love with another sim, and then continue their life, while still under hypnosis?

6.  Does hypnotizing one sim to fall in love with another sim have any lasting effects after the hypnosis is over?

1. No. You just quickly learn the guitar skill.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes, it can bump it up to "Romantic Interest". There's also one similar called "command to forget inhibitions" and the hypnotized sim will kiss the controller.
5. Yes.
6. Depends.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
Great, thanks for the answers

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 02:03:31 PM »
Great, thanks for the answers

Your welcome :)

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »
Air Guitar? I could have misread something, but as far as I know Air Guitar is a hidden skill added with ths base game. You can get it when a Sim reach level 10 in the music career and it will pass on to the children of that Sim.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
Air Guitar? I could have misread something, but as far as I know Air Guitar is a hidden skill added with ths base game. You can get it when a Sim reach level 10 in the music career and it will pass on to the children of that Sim.

I was thinking that too. I wonder if this is linked to the hidden skill, and causes the sim to inherit that skill, or is just a fun interaction to watch. I'm assuming the latter but meh, it's cool anyway. :)

I'm limiting the amount of store stuff I get because of my current laptop's lack of memory, but this is on my wishlist and if I can, I'll get it once my new computer is here.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

Sims can click on a hypnotized sim and click on an interaction called, "command to play air guitar". It boosts the guitar skill quickly.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:10 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but it seems that all the clothing and hairstyles are available to be chosen for custom career outfits.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but it seems that all the clothing and hairstyles are available to be chosen for custom career outfits.  :)

Oh really? I'll definitely be making my next geeky scientist sim wear the Lady Gaga themed dress to work, then. :P

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »
Oh really? I'll definitely be making my next geeky scientist sim wear the Lady Gaga themed dress to work, then. :P

I've only tested with the Singer Career but they showed up for sure. I have yet to have a Sim with a normal Job to try the new feature out, Lol. That's what I get for having a Dynasty. A House full of self-employed Sims.  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »
I've only tested with the Singer Career but they showed up for sure. I have yet to have a Sim with a normal Job to try the new feature out, Lol. That's what I get for having a Dynasty. A House full of self-employed Sims.  ;D

I haven't bothered trying out the career clothes feature simply because I can't be bothered changing their work clothes. :P I might put really silly clothes on them for really professional jobs though, one day when I'm bored.

What I really like about this set is that hypnotizer. Matchmaking might just get that bit easier! And I could come up with a whole lot of storylines using this..

anything