Author Topic: Update 1.32  (Read 16220 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:54 PM »
Hmm, weird. I haven't updated yet, and it's happened to me. Are you sure judewright?

Well, I'm not absolutely positive but it made sense to me since it started the same time I started having trouble with the Internet. Plus I did a factory reset as well. I'll know more after I get my Internet back tomorrow.

loveSims

Update 1.32
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 03:39:35 AM »
I can play without internet just fine since showtime. I never log in and have turned all the social option off. Don't want to simport lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Update 1.32
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »
Well, I'm not absolutely positive but it made sense to me since it started the same time I started having trouble with the Internet. Plus I did a factory reset as well. I'll know more after I get my Internet back tomorrow.

I always play without internet, because my laptop doesn't seem to allow wi-fi connection and forever has to be connected to the router and I prefer to play sims in the comfortable seating area across the room, so I never play while being connected unless I've just quickly started it up for the sake of testing something out or checking stuff, etc. Maybe I should start playing with internet connection then, if it really does decrease crashes, etc? Today, my laptop crashed within one minute of playing - twice. This was the first time it crashed not due to overheating since I installed Twallan's ErrorTrap. Some sign came up about a 'runtime error' before it crashed each time. That's came up before but I have zero idea of what it is..

EDIT: This is completely off-topic, so I'm going to start a new topic to do with the runtime error, because it's been coming up a lot lately and alongside overheating is the only reason my laptop shuts down while simming. I'm already two weeks behind schedule for my legacy, I don't want that to be dragged far back any further!

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 03:21:40 PM »
Decided that I'm going to go ahead and download both the patches. Here's saying I don't get any major bugs. ::)
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »
Good luck, Simlish! Do you have Showtime? I'm particularly interested in hearing what happens if you don't have Showtime. Likewise, with anyone else here who has patched up completely but doesn't have the EP, because the rumors about things going wrong for people without Showtime is the only thing stopping me from clicking that patch up button!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »
I am not going to have reliable Internet for quite some time it seems...at least when it's raining or drying out from the rain. There's a part of the phone line before it gets to my house that gets shorted out when it gets wet. They are supposed to start digging up the street next week to fix the problem. I was able to play for a couple hours today as long as I wasn't logged in at the launcher or the game. And, I only crashed twice in all the time! Whoo whoo!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »
I'm having trouble getting my game to shut down on my laptop. It seems to save okay but then it sits on that black screen for literally hours.

The game froze during their sleep time - on the second day - for almost an hour. I could see their z's but the clock was stopped. I had to bring up the task manager to shut down the game.

Both of these problems have existed long before this patch came out (I've experience the first one since the base game was released), so I can say with all certainty that the patch is not causing them.  What's causing you to have them now is anyone's guess, though.  Perhaps with what you have installed, you've reach a tipping point with your computer resources.  However, all I can really do is speculate.

Alrighty then...I'm almost positive my problem has something to do with the Internet. Since I don't have Internet or telephone right now. CenturyLink will be out sometime tomorrow to fix it. So no sims for me until that's done. I'm sure I could play before without Internet but the new patch has obviously done something to that ability. Thank heaven for TapaTalk and my iPhone so I can at least keep up with the forum!

Actually, it's obvious that the lack of internet is not what's causing your problems.  A lot of people don't play while logged in, and yesterday I played for a couple of hours while my internet was out for some unknown reason.  You downloaded the same patch that everyone else did, so if it was the patch everyone would be having this problem.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 07:18:19 PM »
Hosfac, I think you're mostly right. But...if I'm logged into the game, and my Internet goes off, it tries to logoff before shutting the game down. That causes it to hang up. Unfortunately, there is no quick resolution to my Internet woes. I haven't tried logging off while in the game. I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens...if I can get logged in in the first place...LOL

Offline simlishlol

• Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
Good luck, Simlish! Do you have Showtime? I'm particularly interested in hearing what happens if you don't have Showtime. Likewise, with anyone else here who has patched up completely but doesn't have the EP, because the rumors about things going wrong for people without Showtime is the only thing stopping me from clicking that patch up button!
Thanks Fez. :D No, I don't. I'm considering buying it though. I played it yesterday for several hours, it seemed fine besides being a little slow. I did notice the glitch where you don't get wedding gifts, but still have to write thank you notes, lol. Too bad, I used to get a lot of money out of them xD

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »
Do you guys think there will be another patch after this one?

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »
Defintely. There are so many bugs/glitches that came with this patch/Showtime that EA has to. And that has always been the pattern with past EPs.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:29 PM »

If they release a stuff pack in between Showtime and ep7, then yes. They do have to add that little icon to the launcher, don't they.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »
There's a new patch 1.33 and it's rather large.

Offline simlishlol

• Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »
There's a new patch 1.33 and it's rather large.
What a coincidence. ;D Wonder what it will fix? It also said something about art stuff? So I guess they added more paintings/sculptures and what not. :D

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
I am so far having no issues with the latest patch but we all know how that can change. I am hearing those who got the E7 super patch are having problems even downloading it.   I will continue to hold my breath.