Author Topic: Update 1.32  (Read 16222 times)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
Re: Update 1.32
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »
Unlikely.  ::)

Oh, not at all. ;) Since they added sliders in patches previously, it is very possible that they'll do it again.

RunAmokSims; I can confirm that. They did indeed re-release the cumulative super-patch. A couple of days ago I was in the middle of downloading that file when it just gave me a "file not found" error; I tried to re-download but it didn't work and I didn't try once. Eventually I had to use the incremental 1.31->1.32 patch.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »
Oh, not at all. ;) Since they added sliders in patches previously, it is very possible that they'll do it again.

RunAmokSims; I can confirm that. They did indeed re-release the cumulative super-patch. A couple of days ago I was in the middle of downloading that file when it just gave me a "file not found" error; I tried to re-download but it didn't work and I didn't try once. Eventually I had to use the incremental 1.31->1.32 patch.

:D As I said before, I think sometimes EA does things accidentally on purpose to get talk started.  The official forum is now quite a buzz with speculation so if it was their intent it worked. Apparently a few different people have investigated the codes in the patch and it's started quite the controversy already.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 02:38:58 PM »
:D As I said before, I think sometimes EA does things accidentally on purpose to get talk started.

Oh, you mean like that "accidentally" leaked trailer for Pets?  Yes...this thought has occurred to me.  If this is happening accidentally, someone needs to be fired because they're an idiot.  If it's happening intentionally as a viral marketing ploy, someone needs to get a raise because they're a genius.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
I'm sure they have people monitoring sites like this and they get their inspiration from it. I would do the same to keep us simmers hooked.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »
I'm sure they have people monitoring sites like this and they get their inspiration from it. I would do the same to keep us simmers hooked.

It's probable. Vivaldi put an employee onto a forum I visit sometimes about another game. She (the employee) gave them some useful information over the years - like no plans for a sequel for the game.

Anywho, something I find odd is that even at Level 1 Singing, your Sim sounds like a brilliant Singer. That, or I'm tone deaf.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »
Anywho, something I find odd is that even at Level 1 Singing, your Sim sounds like a brilliant Singer. That, or I'm tone deaf.

Well, I find this a blessing. Imagine if they started Singing decently at Level Four/Five. Oh my ears!  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 03:42:28 AM »

Well, you can also have no guitar skill to speak of, but you still play like Jimmy Page.

I see a "Milli Vanilli" scandal in the making here...
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »
I'm having trouble getting my game to shut down on my laptop. It seems to save okay but then it sits on that black screen for literally hours. I do use a few of Twallen's mods but I don't think that's the problem. Just to be sure, I played a little bit on the desktop pc last night which has no mods. Sure enough, it's doing the same thing. When I bring up the Task Manager it says Sims 3 is not responding. I wondering if there's a problem if the Sims 3 site is down. Is this happening to anyone else?

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »
I'm having trouble getting my game to shut down on my laptop. It seems to save okay but then it sits on that black screen for literally hours. I do use a few of Twallen's mods but I don't think that's the problem. Just to be sure, I played a little bit on the desktop pc last night which has no mods. Sure enough, it's doing the same thing. When I bring up the Task Manager it says Sims 3 is not responding. I wondering if there's a problem if the Sims 3 site is down. Is this happening to anyone else?

That's happened to me before Jude, I ended up force shutting down my computer, I couldn't tab out :o It's probably not Showtime, I don't have it.  :P
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »
I've been having some problems with my Internet going in and out (we had a heck of a hailstone storm yesterday) but I was under the impression that you weren't required to be on the Internet to play. I know I could before this update. It's still causing problems this morning. I'm going to do a factory reset to see if that helps.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
It looks like I can play as long as I don't login. Otherwise, I'm now crashing to the desktop. How annoying!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 03:21:40 PM »
@Judewright - About the black shutting down screen being there for hours, I had that frequently, before any of the recent patches and before I installed any mods. Plus, I don't have Showtime, so it's nothing to do with those things. :P Funny thing is, that problem seemed to go away after I got rid of my old massive legacy file. The file was absolutely huge, I can't remember how much exactly but I'm pretty sure it must have been nearly 1GB or something, it was horrendous. So yea, have you got any huge or just multi-generational files hanging around? The number of gens might not even matter, because my legacy file was only on the second gen. I think part of what was making it so big was my huge mansion on  a 60X60 lot. Then again, I have a really bad laptop so it could just have been my system and could be an entirely different problem for you, just throwing these suggestions out there. :)

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
Thanks, Fez. I am so frustrated right now. I took my entire Sims 3 folder and put it on the desktop. Then I regenerated the folder in the game. I didn't add any store items or anything. I started a new game (isn't it odd you can't choose a household on a fresh install?). I didn't bother to login. My sim couple are living in the cheapest house in Sunset Valley. The game froze during their sleep time - on the second day - for almost an hour. I could see their z's but the clock was stopped. I had to bring up the task manager to shut down the game. I'm beginning to think I'll have to do a complete reinstall and just forget about Starlight Shores and these last two patches.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Update 1.32
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 10:32:14 PM »
Alrighty then...I'm almost positive my problem has something to do with the Internet. Since I don't have Internet or telephone right now. CenturyLink will be out sometime tomorrow to fix it. So no sims for me until that's done. I'm sure I could play before without Internet but the new patch has obviously done something to that ability. Thank heaven for TapaTalk and my iPhone so I can at least keep up with the forum!

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »
Hmm, weird. I haven't updated yet, and it's happened to me. Are you sure judewright?
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

anything