Author Topic: Update 1.32  (Read 16221 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Update 1.32
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »
Has anyone gotten strange updates to CAS? There are reports of new skins, ear and nose sliders and some kind of wings by some people.

One at the TS3 forum person posted CAS screenshots of what they found after they patched to 1.32.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/165/511740.page

This appears to only have affected people who used the super-patch after a full reinstall.  Just getting ready to start playing, so I can't confirm or deny this.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 02:39:02 PM »
Elf Ears! Ah! I have to go and check this now! I did notice however that since Showtime (I patched to 1.32 before installing) that the Skin Tones in my game are strange, they've all gone all pale?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »
Those new skins, etc are awesome!!! :D How come only some people get them?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »
I didn't get them.  :-\

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »
Those new skins, etc are awesome!!! :D How come only some people get them?

Due to problems with Norton antivirus quarantining the Sims 3 launcher, some people who installed 1.32 and didn't have Showtime had to reinstall their games from scratch. Obviously they also had to patch their games from the very start, and this apparently resulted in exploiting new/upcoming game content. EA fails again (lol).

Samoht04, does it look anything like this?

Those new skins and sliders look like a total rip-off of some modders' work. Not trying to sound offensive, but this seems to be a recurring happening. First the breast sliders, then the moviemaker cheats, now these.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »
I don't think I will try and get those Sliders. If they were leaked they probably have bugs or something. As for my Skins issue - Yes. They look like that in CAS. Searching through pre-made Sims they look normal and then I select them and then these greenish-grey coloured Sims appear.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
I've heard a lot about sims appearing greenish/grey, but due to the last patch, not this recent one. I'm patched up to 1.31 and haven't got this issue.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »
I don't think I will try and get those Sliders. If they were leaked they probably have bugs or something. As for my Skins issue - Yes. They look like that in CAS. Searching through pre-made Sims they look normal and then I select them and then these greenish-grey coloured Sims appear.

This is only speculation at this point but I think this glitch might be caused by recent script additions for future expansion pack(s) in patch 1.31. There are some additions  that involve witches, fairies and zombies...all of these creatures are possible candidates for using the greenish skin tinting. So they might have intended to activate it for the creature(s), but instead did so for normal sims.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
This is only speculation at this point but I think this glitch might be caused by recent script additions for future expansion pack(s) in patch 1.31. There are some additions  that involve witches, fairies and zombies...all of these creatures are possible candidates for using the greenish skin tinting. So they might have intended to activate it for the creature(s), but instead did so for normal sims.

That's what I had read. According to a  thread at TS3 the second patch  was released, then pulled. Then it was "fixed" and re-released. Apparently some things that shouldn't have been included in the patch accidentally were. It's started a slew of speculation about the next EP. Sometimes I wonder if EA "accidentally"  have accidents on purpose just to start people talking.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »
So is the pretty new skin colors included in the patch? Or are they just mods, or CC? Because I love oddly colored sims but red, blue and green are getting a little old lol I want that turquoise skin!!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »
So is the pretty new skin colors included in the patch? Or are they just mods, or CC? Because I love oddly colored sims but red, blue and green are getting a little old lol I want that turquoise skin!!

It appears they would only appear if you uninstalled, reinstalled, and then patched using the Super Patch.
Plus, I think they fixed that "glitch".

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »
It appears they would only appear if you uninstalled, reinstalled, and then patched using the Super Patch.
Plus, I think they fixed that "glitch".
:'( That's sad. I would love new colors in sims!!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 06:06:10 AM »
I'd imagine those are meant for the next expansion...

Well, I at least hope so.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 08:40:51 AM »
I'd imagine those are meant for the next expansion...

Well, I at least hope so.  :P

That is the speculation. Sims VIP did a write up about it but they also had a disclaimer before the actual article.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »
I'd imagine those are meant for the next expansion... Well, I at least hope so.  :P

Or maybe they will be kind for once and give us them for free! I know... Unlikely.  ::)

anything