Author Topic: The Mission: McClain Legacy  (Read 10880 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Mission: McClain Legacy
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »
Julia's Journal Entry 2

Wow, where do I even begin? So much stuff has happened since the last time I updated this thing.

I guess there's no where to go but back to the beginning...

I woke the next morning to a peaceful sunrise...I really did like living in Hidden Springs. There was something about the quiet and relaxed atmosphere that calmed my nerves and stress levels.

Then I walked into the living room and there Wes was with a..dog?

Wesley: " Good morning Julia...I just wanted to apologize for what I said the other day. And I wanted to make it up to you..So I got you this dog.. Her names Libby!"
Me: " Are you kidding me? Of all things you got me a DOG? What if I didn't want to take care of it?"
Wesley: " Well, Um.. I uhh..I..can just take her back.."

I could tell my rejection hurt him. His eyes looked so sad and I immediately felt guilt wash over me.
He sank his head and began to head towards the door when I stopped him.

Me: "Wait. Wesley.. I'm sorry I shouldn't have acted like that. I'll keep her. I've really always wanted a dog..I guess.."

His face lit up and set the dog on the floor. I could tell he wanted to hug me, but refrained for fear that I might get mad at him again..

The atmosphere in the room turned awkward real quick, so I knelt down towards my new dog and tried my best to avoid the current situation.

I know, it seems like I'm the jerk here. But I guess my anger got the best of me, I really should find some way to apologize but I just don't even know where to start.

A few days past by and we barely said two words to each other. I did at least have Libby there to keep me company even though every time I look at her I think of Wesley. On top of that, I keep getting these feelings that creep up every now and then that tempt me into wondering what life would be like if I did love Wesley. If only I could just rewind the past.

Then one day I got a flyer that a famous singer was coming into town to perform at the local diner. I knew one of Wesley's favorite things was music so I decided to ask him if he wanted to go see her with me. When Wesley got home, the conversation was awkward at best but still he said he wanted to go!

Here's the show:

(Enchanted81 thanks for the show :) )

Wesley seemed to have a really good time, I was grateful that he was more receptive to an apology than I was. I could definitely learn a lesson or two from him.

The show was simply amazing, we finally got tired of standing so we sat down.. but I couldn't help but notice that Wesley somehow managed to cover my hand with his. I was sort of surprised and tempted to move it, but it was nice to be so close to someone for a change.

By the time we left it was almost daylight again.
When we arrived, there was something left on our front porch. It was a letter..

Dear McClains,
I have no where else to turn. You two seemed like the perfect couple and I have always wondered why you haven't had kids yet...I am writing this letter to let you know when you enter your house to go look in the living room. You will see a child of about 2 years old asleep on the couch. Her name is Avena, please take good care of her for me.

Sincerely,
Anonymous

We both just stood there in complete silence.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »
This is great! I can't wait for more.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 05:32:42 AM »
Great update! Can't wait to see what happen next. I wonder who left the kid with them.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »
Oooh, I think there might be romance on the cards! Libby is so cute, and I wonder what's up with the two year old! :o

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »
@Alex: Thanks! More is coming soon :)

Great update! Can't wait to see what happen next. I wonder who left the kid with them.
I'm working out how to tell you guys. So the answers will be coming very soon.

Oooh, I think there might be romance on the cards! Libby is so cute, and I wonder what's up with the two year old! :o
Maybe.... ;) You just wait! It should be a shocker!!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
Wesley's Journal Entry 2

So, I kind of broke a rule. I somehow managed to quit my job as a rockstar and became a singer instead. I'm excited that I get to actually perform in front of a crowd verses running errands for other performers back stage. It would have taken me forever to get to the part where I was able to do my true passion. Luckily I ran into a local musician that convinced me I could go solo and become famous on my own. I have already gotten some offers to do some singing telegrams. I guess we have to start somewhere eh?

I also managed to get Julia to start speaking to me. I got her a dog--It was a bad idea at the time, but I think she'll come around soon enough. I also surprised her later that day by writing a song for her and I actually performed it at the local diner. I think she got a little googly-eyed at me for a second, but I could be wrong it was rather dark outside.

We are slowly becoming friends again and I'm very happy that she is on the road to forgiving me. She even agreed to provide some support when I decided I wanted to get a tattoo.

Or rather she laughed at my pain, but any emotion aside from anger or sadness from her is better than nothing!

A few days later, Julia invited me to go to a concert with one of the local singers. I was rather surprised at the offer but I would jump at the chance to be with her and to see what my future occupation could look like someday.

We finally left a little bit before sunrise, when we arrived home we found a letter on our doorstep, and a little girl sleeping on our couch.
The letter read something about someone not being able to take care of her and that we would be the perfect couple for it. But I knew it was a ruse. There was no way someone could have gotten into our house, turned off the alarm and sneaked back out unless they were the one that set up the alarm system in the first place. Our alarm system was state of the art, not even released to the public and used only by SRI employees.
I just knew it was Director Tatum that set this whole thing up. I couldn't tell if it was a warning that we need to start getting our act together and have kids or just a jump start for our future life. I didn't want to release my suspicions just yet to Julia because she seemed to be in complete shock and figured she needed a moment to process. But I did know for sure, no matter where this child came from I was going to love her just like she was my own.

A few moments later, Julia was still overcome by confusion but it seemed like it was better to tell her now rather than later.
So, I put Avena into her crib and pulled Julia outside for a little chat.

Me: " Julia, I think I know what's happened here with Avena. She isn't just some child that was left by her deadbeat mother. It was from Director Tatum."
Julia: " What? But why? I just don't know if I can do this Wes. It's too soon, I mean we are just now becoming friends and we have to raise a child together? Why would he do this??"
Me: "Look Julia.. I don't know why he did it. It'll be okay. We can do this, Avena came into our lives for a reason, regardless if Tatum set us up or not. And even if we end up just being friends forever and nothing more I'll be okay. The only thing that matters is that she's here now and the best thing we can do is raise her together in love or not."
Julia: "Wes...I..I don't even know what to say."
Me: "Then don't. There's no rush on a decision. Just know that to me any moment spent with you will be worth it."

She stared at me for a second with tears in her eyes, all I wanted to do was hold her and give her some comfort.
So I leaned in closer to her to give her a hug, and unexpectedly gave her a kiss instead.

I'm pretty sure my forwardness made her feel better because she gave me a shy smile and whispered "Thank you..."

In that moment, I knew that I was in love.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 10:28:21 PM »
Awww.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 02:20:28 AM »
Wesley is such a sweetheart. Lovely update. :D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »
Awwwww, how sweet! Can't wait for the next update! :D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:18:54 PM »
I'm glad you guys enjoyed all that cheese in his journal. Who knew he could be such a romantic? Anyways I'm about to start writing another update. Hold tight!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »
Julia's Entry 3

Well, it's been a whirlwind of a week for all of us. The night after the show when we found Avena asleep on the couch was a rough one. She was rather scared of us at first, but has since then quickly warmed up to us. She is especially fond of Wesley, which he's so good with her I can see why.
He's definitely taken time out to teach her how to walk, talk, and go potty on her own.

Every time I see him with her in his arms, I literally just want to melt. It doesn't help he's topless most of the time.

I was really apprehensive at first and completely out of sorts. But he helped me through it, I couldn't help but deny that I was starting to have feelings for him...I realized how much of a couple we already are, and what could eventually be if we somehow got together in the future. Although this could just stem from the fact he is such a great father to Avena. I mean who couldn't help but fall in love with a strong, handsome man that is great with kids? I know I can't!

There was one day, that I was literally freaking out and he just pulled me aside and reassured me everything was going to be alright. That day he told me he also loved me and always would regardless of my feelings. I so wanted to blurt out all my feelings too but for some reason my mouth couldn't form the words I so desperately wanted to say. All I could say was a dumb "Thank you.."I swear I'm such an idiot sometimes!

The next day he surprised me with roses, and well it just went uphill from there!

I found a vase and put them on the dining room table and decided it was time to tell him my true feelings..

Me: " There was something I wanted to tell you yesterday, but I couldn't form the words until today... Wesley McClain, I love you. You are the epitome of the man I have always wanted. I'm sorry it's taken this long for me to realize just how perfect you are for me."

His face lit up with a smile as soon as the words came out. He grabbed me closer and gave me a passionate kiss.
Wesley: " I have waited so long to hear you say that. But I never imagined it would feel as good as I feel right now to finally hear that I am not alone in this..I love you too.."
I felt like I was in a dream, a REALLY good dream at that. We stared into each others eyes for what seemed to be only a few seconds before we heard the cries of Avena from her room.

loveSims

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 03:19:12 AM »
What a sweet lovely update! I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for more. ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »
Aww, how sweet! Will there perhaps be a nooboo on the way to join Avena, then? ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:49 PM »
Awesome updates Kattiq! You are an amazing writer. I can't wait to read more!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 02:58:41 AM »
This is amazing! You've put so much effort into this and it's paid off!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]