Author Topic: Pixie  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Pixie
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
I was playing around with Twallan's Debug Enabler the other day and look what I found.  The purple crystal on the left is the Tree of Prosperity from Lunar Lakes which I have moved into my normal neighbourhood.  There are also fireflies available but I liked the fairies.

I guess the effects are supposed to show up normally but I can never get them to appear in the game.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
Re: Pixie
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:29:54 AM »
I guess the effects are supposed to show up normally but I can never get them to appear in the game.

That's because there's a hidden a requirement for the pixie and firefly shows to spawn. There are two requirements for the light show: it must be the correct time of day (23 by default) and the lot must contain a Wishing Well. You can only see and remove the requirement for the wishing well by looking at the script for the object.  However, we don't currently have a Wishing Well in game. It might be a future premium content item, or it might be that the Wishing Well was scrapped all together.

I tried to make the pixies and fireflies spawn with with fountains and the Fountain of Youth from Hidden Springs, but those don't work.  So I wrote a mod to "fix" it (It requires an object scripting mod), and it's currently in the moderation queue at ModTheSims. I will add it to my blog as well, but I forgot to save a copy of the post so I have to write it from scratch, which means I'll need more time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:39 AM »
Thanks NonaMena.  I will look for your mod when it's approved.  ;D   The wishing well sounds like fun.  I hope we get it.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:36:38 AM »
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470715

Please feel free to pester me if you have a problem with it. Enjoy :)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 05:49:12 AM »
Thank you so much.  I am quitting out of my game right now to try it.   ;D

I was hoping I could come back and gush but I haven't seen any yet.  I must be patient as it has only been two nights. ;)

I found I had to replace the tree I already had on my lot.  I don't know if you want to mention that in your description though I guess most people will work it out.  :D

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:23:26 AM »
Ah, right, thanks for the reminder. Added it to the post. Glad it works for you!

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
That's because there's a hidden a requirement for the pixie and firefly shows to spawn. There are two requirements for the light show: it must be the correct time of day (23 by default) and the lot must contain a Wishing Well. You can only see and remove the requirement for the wishing well by looking at the script for the object.  However, we don't currently have a Wishing Well in game. It might be a future premium content item, or it might be that the Wishing Well was scrapped all together.

I tried to make the pixies and fireflies spawn with with fountains and the Fountain of Youth from Hidden Springs, but those don't work.  So I wrote a mod to "fix" it (It requires an object scripting mod), and it's currently in the moderation queue at ModTheSims. I will add it to my blog as well, but I forgot to save a copy of the post so I have to write it from scratch, which means I'll need more time.

Beat me to it! I read on the official forums something along these lines when LL was released, but never really got around to playing with Tree of Prosperity, let alone tweaking it for pixies or fireflies.

Thanks for the mod. I hope it works in my game. My Tree of Prosperity is known for a variety of minor bugs (no pun intended).

P.S. -

Your screenshots are awful!
I'm sorry, but the pixies and fireflies are shy and not very photogenic.

LOL!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
Beat me to it! I read on the official forums something along these lines when LL was released, but never really got around to playing with Tree of Prosperity, let alone tweaking it for pixies or fireflies.

Thanks for the mod. I hope it works in my game. My Tree of Prosperity is known for a variety of minor bugs (no pun intended).

Hehe, glad you found that line funny.  :) I originally tried to make the pixies and fireflies spawn only via XML tuning right when the tree was released, but they never spawned even if the chance was 100%, and that's because of the script. I had to go in and change the script itself to make the spawn, but I didn't get around to doing that until now.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 05:23:42 AM »
SimGuruKelly has confirmed that we will see a Wishing Well in the future.

anything