Author Topic: Twallan's StoryProgression and non-rabbit-hole careers  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Korva

• Townie
Twallan's StoryProgression and non-rabbit-hole careers
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »
As someone who was disappointed that the default game isn't equipped to properly handle non-rabbit-hole careers for inactive households, I'm delighted that this mod apparently fixes that (among many other nifty features). :) Before I set things up, though, two questions to make sure I understand everything correctly:

Gardening (and Nectar Making): The Sims in question will only harvest ripe crops (which apparently respawn overnight on inactive lots), not perform other gardening-related activities, so they are dependent on the number, quality and life stage of the pre-existing plants. This could either leave a self-employed gardener permanently poor (a handful of "normal", immature apple trees) or make them rich in a hurry ("perfect" special plants ready to be harvested). The same applies to nectar makers and their gardens.

Riding: A self-employed horse(wo)man would compete and train, but not breed or sell. So, just in case their existing horses die and they don't automatically adopt new ones (despite being set to be able to and having at least one horse stall on their home lot), it's a good idea to check in once in a while to see if they still have a horse to work with.

Any mistakes in there?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: Twallan's StoryProgression and non-rabbit-hole careers
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:34:51 AM »

Gardening (and Nectar Making): The Sims in question will only harvest ripe crops (which apparently respawn overnight on inactive lots), not perform other gardening-related activities, so they are dependent on the number, quality and life stage of the pre-existing plants. This could either leave a self-employed gardener permanently poor (a handful of "normal", immature apple trees) or make them rich in a hurry ("perfect" special plants ready to be harvested). The same applies to nectar makers and their gardens.

The inactive Sims will only harvest and sell the crops on their lot.  They wont fertilize, plant more, water or weed the plants.  That being said the plants don't need watering or weeding on inactive lots (like wild plants in parks don't need either of those.) exception are death plants, they will die. The Sims will make money regardless of what kind of plants are on their lot, I think it depends on how many (one apple tree vs. 20 apple trees) I'm not sure if the stage of the plant matters (most ready made inactive lots have mature trees anyways.)

I don't know anything about self employed riding, its relatively new in twallan's mod.

:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Korva

• Townie
Re: Twallan's StoryProgression and non-rabbit-hole careers
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30:54 AM »
Thanks, it's as I thought then.

anything