Author Topic: A brief description of Twallan's (Nraas) Mods.  (Read 218730 times)

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
Re: A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:46 AM »
Can Twallen's story progression mod force townies to have nooboos? There hasn't been a new baby born in my game for three generations.

I have Twallan's story progression and yes, my town is full of nooboos! I have not forced anything, it all occured "naturally". So I really, really highly recommend it!

With default settings, this story progression does not move out original townies, or move in any new townies. (I LOVE this). Instead, the original townies actively look for spouses and eventually start a family. There's such a healthy amount of new babies in my Sunset Valley and they're all babies of the original townies!
Also, the townies seem to be doing more meaningful things on their on now. They plant vegetables on their yards and harvest them. They actually collect bugs etc, and when I was viewing around town, I saw Yumi Sekemoto take her grandson to the kids' park (from Generations) and play with the new kids play equipment with him. I never saw townies doing things like these on their own before.
And, it's possible to turn off celebrities, vampires and townies' pet adoption without uninstalling EPs. This really solved all my problems.

Sorry for blabbing too much on this but it's just amazing how good it made my game. Thank you, Twallan.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 06:01:57 AM »
Great thread. Nicely done on the descriptions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
I love the fact that Free Will actually works with Twallan's Story Progression. My sims don't just look at the walls anymore when I'm not controlling them! Instead they talk to each other, flirt with their spouses, interact with their kids and so on. Pretty much the same thing they did with EA's story progression, but now it's a lot more spontaneous and natural. I love it!

bshag

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »
Thanks for the list Seabody!  I just dl'ed my first mods last night and was up until 3 AM testing them out.  What a blast!  (Just slightly excited here.) 

So far I've got Master Controller and MC w/Cheats, Relativity and Traveller dl'ed today.  I don't think I can play without Relativity mod anymore.  What a pleasure playing my sims are, now that I don't have to rush to do anything. :D

When traveling, the Adventure Board works again...thank God.  That and I wondered why Amy Bull's pic was in relationship panel.  My sim lives in Twinbrook...she is an explorer and is traveling also.  That is just so cool. 8)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 02:18:33 AM »
I updated the first post with twallan's new Mod, Vector.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »
Selector
I'm not sure what this mod does. If someone knows, tell me and I'll edit it in.

The interactions may help you understand its purpose : http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Selector+Interactions

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »
Is the Porter only useful if you want to move the Entire town, or can you just move a few other families in addition to your active?

William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »
You can move a few or a lot.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 11:55:01 AM »
I looked at Vector and it looked Amazing! One could make a zombie disease with it! It seemed like it could also be really funny.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline JamieR

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 03:32:24 PM »
of course the big question (I apologise if this was asked earlier) - is it overall worth it to get Twallan's story progression and master controller?
Facts are stubborn things.

Offline JamieR

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »
Can Twallen's story progression mod force townies to have nooboos? There hasn't been a new baby born in my game for three generations.

This my main problem with EA story progression. In 2 generations, the only new child was an adopted child by the Bunch family (Shanita Bunch I believe).

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »
of course the big question (I apologise if this was asked earlier) - is it overall worth it to get Twallan's story progression and master controller?

For me, I couldn't live without Twallan's Master Controller and Story Progression. My game is so much more enjoyable now.

Offline JamieR

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »
Thank you MoMoll, I'll try it out then! I guess with EA story progression is just, for me, very little happens at all.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »
I'd like to know more about some of th mods.  I am leary about putting any of them on my computer, so want to double check on some things.

When new updates are sent out by EA, I have to have an update on the mod also, right?

I have Sims 3 and the expansion pacs of WA and Pets, am getting today Supernatural.

I also have some smaller games, Luxor, Jewel Quest and several other similar type.  My son installed Spore (which I liked) and the Eller Scrolls: Oblivion and is insisting that I play it (he says I need to get out of my comfort zone,  :) ). 

My computer is the general run of the mill; okay but not really set up for gaming.  What will mods do?  the Story Progession, the one about reading, and another one are all I am interested in. 
Will I have problems?  Can this cause a lot of laging and such?  Since he is the computer geek of the family I listen to him in that area; he paid over $5,000 for a computer just to play games on!   

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »
I'd like to know more about some of th mods.  I am leary about putting any of them on my computer, so want to double check on some things.

When new updates are sent out by EA, I have to have an update on the mod also, right?

I have Sims 3 and the expansion pacs of WA and Pets, am getting today Supernatural.

I also have some smaller games, Luxor, Jewel Quest and several other similar type.  My son installed Spore (which I liked) and the Eller Scrolls: Oblivion and is insisting that I play it (he says I need to get out of my comfort zone,  :) ). 

My computer is the general run of the mill; okay but not really set up for gaming.  What will mods do?  the Story Progession, the one about reading, and another one are all I am interested in. 
Will I have problems?  Can this cause a lot of laging and such?  Since he is the computer geek of the family I listen to him in that area; he paid over $5,000 for a computer just to play games on!   

I don't know your computer. Go to Twallan's site (NRaas) and read up on the different mods. I have ALL expansioons, and use his mods and a few others. I cannot think of going back to a vanilla game.

Twallan provides on his site an update for his mods. I read it every time there is anew patch, and donload the patch switch when he says it's OK.  Check the site and you can get great answers on their mods.

anything