Author Topic: NRaas Industries  (Read 193913 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »
This is sad to hear. I use several of his mods.
If his mods are not updated any more then I probably won't be updating The Sims any more either.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2014, 02:04:59 AM »
Oh no! I do hope one of the other great modders will take this on, or that Twallan will have a change of heart at see out his mods until the final sims 3 patch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »
I for one am glad (remainder of message removed - Schipperke)
quinti.sims, I removed your message because it was impolite and not necessary.  Twallan has been a highly-respected modder in the Sims community, and many people have found his mods to be very useful in their games.  You may not like mods, and I don't use them either, but there's no reason to be negative about someone who has given so much to the Simming community.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline sendi_ip

• Nooboo
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »
So sorry to hear this  :(
I am grateful for all the time Twallan have spent to make our game nicer.
All the best wishes, and many thanks!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »
I am sad to hear this. I have only recently used mods in my game,mainly for story progression,and I chose Nraas industries because of all the good I heard.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »
While I can totally understand his reasons I'm sorry he wont be seeing out the end of sims 3, his mods added so much life to my games and while I haven't used them as much lately because of playing dynasties and challenges I still use them in my fun games. In some ways playing without them just reminds me how great they are at fixing all those little problems that build up over a long term game.

This morning I downloaded the most current versions of his mods to back up with the 1.63 manual superpatch so unless by some miracle he decides to update the last patch which I doubt I can always reinstall back to 1.63 and use his mods once more once the sims 3 challenges are over.

I'm very grateful for all he did for this game, when I look back on some of the funnest moments I've had a lot of it wouldn't have been possible without some of his mods making it so. And post dynasty he enabled me to save my entire family plus spouses and relatives with his porter mod keeping 11 generations of family tree intact, after already fixing it with overwatch as it had broken during my game, and moving them to a new fresh town so I could carry on playing them without the excess baggage my dynasty save had accumulated, that is by far the best thing he has given me with his mods.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2014, 09:44:46 PM »
BeyondSims reports that we are getting a new patch soon. Source. Twallan's work is so widely used, that I'm sure someone will update them.
I've heard that there are already a few people trying to figure out how his mods work so they'll be able to update them when the patch comes out. I've only played with his mods for a little while, but they were absolutely thorough and well thought out, and it would be such a shame to lose them. I do respect Twallan's decision, though, and I am extremely thankful that he's made the source codes publicly available for the simming community to use. That was very thoughtful and kind of him.  :)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jade

• Townie
  • be your own kind of beautiful. :)
    • Blessed Curse
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
Very sad news coming out of NRaas Industries today.

For a long while, it has been known that twallan has no intention of modding for The Sims 4. However today, due to an increasing amount of work, plus growing disinterest in The Sims 3, twallan has decided to cease support for his mods, and he will not be making any more, nor developing any more.

What does this mean? The mods that work at this point in time will continue to but will likely break with the next update. Twallan has released his source code for anyone interested, and I'll be downloading it tonight once I'm home from work. :P Please note, for obvious reasons, the source code should only be downloaded by people who know what they are doing. ;)

You can read more at his State of the Mod page.

If you manage to make it work for this new update, I will seriously love you forever. I don't think I can play without his mods. If I look at one of my friend's game, how she doesn't have StoryProgression, I don't think I'd ever be able to do a multi-generational game again. The townies won't reproduce. I'M SAD.

This is sad to hear. I use several of his mods.
If his mods are not updated any more then I probably won't be updating The Sims any more either.

My thoughts exactly.
Blessed Curse

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »
It looks like the modding community has come through and there will be updates to the Nraas mods for patch 1.66. :)

1.66 Update History

There is a warning in bold red letters at the top of the page, stating that while these updates have been tested, there is a high probability of errors just due to the fact that someone other than Twallan was updating them. They are still in the testing phase, so you may want to wait for a bit before attempting to use these, but it's pretty awesome to know that others are continuing Twallan's hard work. :)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2014, 06:36:09 PM »
I think I'm a bit late to the table for checking the news of the day on NRAAS, because I can't find the list of mods that are still compatible. I've been playing challenges so no mods allowed, hence haven't checked the updates. Plus, it seemed wise to wait a while and let the community iron out any possible bugs first.

Ultimately, what I wanted to know is, are dreamer mod and once read mod still compatible?

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2014, 06:46:47 PM »
For any relevant news on the NRaas mods, testing status and compatibility, please use this page: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day

Of course if anything is not clear, do feel free to ask in the wiki, as there are plenty of people eager to help out and answer questions.

The current status of the mods is released for 1.66 (all mods), in testing for 1.67 (all mods, but only ErrorTrap needs an update).

Offline daliabean

• Nooboo
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »
I am not too sure if this is the right place to post this but I didn't want to create a new topic in case that was not allowed as it is connected to Twallan's things but it is also mostly a patch question so if I have posted in the wrong section, feel free to move this.

Outside of aesthetic mods, I have never used game mods before and I am very much a novice on these topics. However, my game's story progression is glitching and is causing the town to die out so I have been considering Twallan's Story Progression mod. My game is patched up to 1.55 and the closest phase available is 1.57. The general list says the pahse is for patches 1.55-1.57 but when I click on the link to take me to the download page, there is a big red notice on the top of it that says that it is for games patched up to 1.57. Will my 1.55 work with it the 1.57 phase or will I have to update my patch? I'm a little scared of doing that because I only ever update when a new expansion pack comes out (but I don't have Movie or Into the Future). I know that Twallan has retired from modding so I'm scared that if I update, my patch with be to advanced for this final phase.

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
I don't expect too much problems but you really want to try it in a separate test game first to see if you really do not get any weird behavior.

Apart from that I don't really recommend it. There is no source available for that patch level any more, so even IF a developer would want to look at it, they can't do anything about it, furthermore I don't think there are many people who remember exactly what the ins and outs of that specific patch level/mod were. So should you have a question or problem, chances are slim you'll be able to get an answer.

ETA: Should you decide to patch, keep in mind just about the only option you have is bring your game to the latest patch level (1.67). In terms of NRaas mods that would be great as you'd be OK with all the latest developments, but if my memory serves me well there have been significant changes in the game itself between 1.57 and 1.67.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2014, 07:32:18 PM »
The general list says the pahse is for patches 1.55-1.57 but when I click on the link to take me to the download page, there is a big red notice on the top of it that says that it is for games patched up to 1.57. Will my 1.55 work with it the 1.57 phase or will I have to update my patch?

If you were to go through the various older levels for all the mods on the site, you would notice that the warnings on the destination pages always list only one of the relevant patch levels. The info on the main listing is accurate, the warning on the subpage is mainly there to get you to check things over which is probably why he never bothered to make them list more than one.

ETA: Should you decide to patch, keep in mind just about the only option you have is bring your game to the latest patch level (1.67).

That is untrue. Just get the SuperPatcher for the desired patch level... http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download/Archived/BG

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »
Or instead of downloading the large super patch you can get the regular patch which is much smaller. You can find links to the patches on Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything