Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51679 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2012, 01:46:44 PM »
"Only a few days ago" is a big time for the technology world. ;) Joking aside though, I just opened my Origin too to check something and it prompted me to update it. The latest version is 8.5.0.4554 - 144681.

I suppose it is, I'll just have to see if it makes a difference.  :-\ I'm pretty sure it's up to date now, it's not prompting me anymore for more updates. I also did a quick reinstall of Pets, just for the sake of it really and to see if maybe that might fix up the files a little bit.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
1.31 Update
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
My Lifetime Reward, "Inheritance" doesn't give the money...just uses up the points :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2012, 02:28:22 PM »
This is what is supposed to happen.  If you're not online, achievements are supposed to be stored and it will update the next time you're online.  That's the theory behind it anyways...

I'm interested to see if that happens.  I was online the whole time during my last session but only 1 achievement was transmitted to my page on the TS3 site even though I earned 3 or 4.  I hope the rest of them show up when I log in next.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2012, 02:38:53 PM »
Okay, so it's still not working. This is so irritating!

Edit: I am now trying it running at as the Admin. I looked on the EA Site and it said sometimes that helps. It also said that not installing the game on the default location can be an issue. Mine is on the D Drive, the main bulk of the game, but stuff like Screenshots goes to the C Drive. I don't really have room on my C Drive though. I don't know why but my C Drive is already half full without most of my programs.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
Some of these achievments are obviously gonna take a while to complete, and in some cases, more than one sim/game.  Example, the Shocking Breakdowns and Serious Plumbing, both of which require 90 total repairs.   Heh, guess playing in the challenges tournament could be a good way to rake in the numbers.  At least none to start look like limited time ones.  Guess I'll get this patch in a few more days to a week or so, since I am sure the servers will be busy with everyone ptching up between now and when the ep comes out.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »
2) Did you try the cumulative super-patch? Did it not work too?

Thank you so much for posting that. Well maybe I shouldn't thank you just yet, in case the patch broke my game.  :P It seems to have finally worked! Pitty it's 10pm here now so I have to go to bed, although I do have History and Geography tomorrow, so I should be able to sleep then.  ::)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2012, 10:04:06 AM »
Thank you so much for posting that. Well maybe I shouldn't thank you just yet, in case the patch broke my game.  :P It seems to have finally worked! Pitty it's 10pm here now so I have to go to bed, although I do have History and Geography tomorrow, so I should be able to sleep then.  ::)

If it broke your game you should probably blame EA, not me. I never go the incremental/launcher patching way because it always, without any exceptions, gives me some kind of a bizarre error. I've been fine with cumulative patching and after updating it usually delivers me a correctly working game. I've never had to reinstall because of broken game when using this option. Only possible con is the huge patch file size - it's approximately 1 gigabyte to download!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »
I should be getting Showtime soon and I was wondering if I should just go ahead and download this patch or should I just wait for Showtime to arrive? I'm asking since I know in the past there have been people who downloaded the patch and then downloaded the corresponding EP after and had some issues.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:07 AM »
I should be getting Showtime soon and I was wondering if I should just go ahead and download this patch or should I just wait for Showtime to arrive? I'm asking since I know in the past there have been people who downloaded the patch and then downloaded the corresponding EP after and had some issues.

You may be asked to download it on installation anyway, I'm not sure though. It might be worth doing an re-install of the games anyway as it is supposed to be a good idea. I will on Friday if my game arrives then.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2012, 02:22:39 AM »
I patched before installing ST this morning, and had zero problems prior to and after installing, if that eases your mind any.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »

There are always issues with patches.  However, it's possible that you won't be able to install Showtime unless your patch level is up to date.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
I've tried to download my expansion packs, before updating, and it doesn't let me. So, you're going to have to patch first.

I really love the new veggie options, and that you no longer need a trait to get them. It's something, I, as a vegetarian am very happy about, but roll my eyes at the same time, thinking, "Why didn't they just do this for the Base Game patch?" Now, I'm just gonna make my veggie chefs, by having them cook only the vegetarian alternatives, and just call them veggie. You really don't need a trait for this sort of thing.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: 1.31 + 1.32 Update
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
I have to manually install my update from a link because my launcher keeps having the "Oops" page when I load it up. No matter how many times I reboot it, it still doesn't change. So annoying!  >:(
I probably won't even get to play now because I have to wait on the thing to load manually.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2012, 04:14:43 AM »
I'm a little confused at the moment so someone please correct me in case I'm wrong, but to play Showtime you need to have patch 1.31 and not 1.32, right? The latter is kind of optional until a new SP/EP or whatever else they come up with is released, correct?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2012, 05:27:28 AM »
1.32 is hopefully to fix a bug with Showtime. The problem is being discussed here.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.