Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51680 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »
I've actually had the crib glitch for a long time now.  It seems to be sporadic and I end up just deleting the offending crib and buying a new one.  It also seems to happen more frequently with the more expensive cribs and with nooboos rather than toddlers.  Now I mostly use the swing for my nooboos. 

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
OOoh, after reading this I'm not going to update until I have to.   My game is relatively stable right now, barring an annoying tendency to crash to desktop, but I'm starting to think that's my computer. . .

Anyway, a question to you who have the new patch:  since I'm not a fan of the social features, is there a way to turn them off? 

Reading through this makes me glad I don't have Pets yet, either.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »
I've got nothing to lose really, so I think I'm just going to patch up.  :'(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »
OOoh, after reading this I'm not going to update until I have to.   My game is relatively stable right now, barring an annoying tendency to crash to desktop, but I'm starting to think that's my computer. . .

Anyway, a question to you who have the new patch:  since I'm not a fan of the social features, is there a way to turn them off? 

Reading through this makes me glad I don't have Pets yet, either.

I have all social features turned off. Just go into game options and select what you don't want.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »
Maybe make copies of backups as far back as you can go, just in case? I'm waiting till Showtime to patch in case it does damage. Although right now it might as well, nothing else could get worse with my Dynasty. My Legacy needs transferring to the new UC anyway. My only issue is the update not working.

I haven't played in UC lately but I'm concerned that the pets we installed with families might be messed up.  Make sure you back up so nothing happens to Pink!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2012, 01:07:20 PM »
I hope nothing happens. Well my game is still saying I have an invalid file or something? Even trying manually.  ::)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
Something that has never happened before the patch, I made a new sim in CAS, gave them the clothes that I wanted to give them, went back to the everyday look and she had totally different clothes and makeup.  Nothing stuck as to what I put on her.  I guess when I put her in game, I can change it back, but that is alot of work to begin with.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »
The patch created a name file called socialCache, is this something we can delete and it be recreated? right now mine has 167,352kb in it.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
Something that has never happened before the patch, I made a new sim in CAS, gave them the clothes that I wanted to give them, went back to the everyday look and she had totally different clothes and makeup.  Nothing stuck as to what I put on her.  I guess when I put her in game, I can change it back, but that is alot of work to begin with.

I had that on the weekend. I did all the outfits and then when I went back to Everyday Wear she wasn't wearing what I put on her. Although this was for 1.29 not 1.31. It did stick the second time though.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »
Yes, the socialcache is a package file. I deleted mine accidentally, but it didn't harm my game. It seems to be like other cache files.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »
I hope nothing happens. Well my game is still saying I have an invalid file or something? Even trying manually.  ::)

I don't mean to sound like a total dummy by asking the following questions, but in order to be able to help you I need to re-check some things.

1) Is your Origin up-to-date?
2) Did you ever get a "Unable to connect to Origin/EADM" error message from your game launcher?
3) Did you try the cumulative super-patch? Did it not work too?
4) Do you use any unofficial game modifications [mods]?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2012, 01:28:27 PM »
1) Is your Origin up-to-date?

I've updated it and I just opened now and it says there is another update! Why didn't it tell me the last time I updated it, which was only a few days ago?

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »
I've updated it and I just opened now and it says there is another update! Why didn't it tell me the last time I updated it, which was only a few days ago?

"Only a few days ago" is a big time for the technology world. ;) Joking aside though, I just opened my Origin too to check something and it prompted me to update it. The latest version is 8.5.0.4554 - 144681.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »
Does anyone know how being offline affects the achievements? I read somewhere that even if you're online, as soon as you connect to the internet the achievements will be filled in.. I haven't gotten one badge? Mind you, I don't really recall seeing any badges that my sims should have filled in..

This is what is supposed to happen.  If you're not online, achievements are supposed to be stored and it will update the next time you're online.  That's the theory behind it anyways...
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2012, 01:45:57 PM »
This is what is supposed to happen.  If you're not online, achievements are supposed to be stored and it will update the next time you're online.  That's the theory behind it anyways...

The problem is, I'm not sure if me not getting them is a bug or just due to the the fact I haven't completed any. :P

anything