Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51707 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have any infants in any of my games so I haven't noticed that at all.

I would like to mention that the idea of giving the invisible pets up for adoption has backfired.   The social worker is unable to take the pets away because the pets aren't able to be interacted with at all.   I tried taking a sim and the three cats to edit town and then remerging them and it just made the sim that went with them unable to use their cell phone. 

Same thing with the dog and horse files too by the way.  All of my previous pets are unable to be interacted with.

Edited to fill in acronym and to add:  I found one lucky file where I can play with my horses and the children's crib does not seem to be affected. 

My socialCache.package file is already 9 MB and I just patched around noon EST today.  I wonder if it's one of the ones you can get rid of.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2012, 05:25:11 PM »
My socialCache.package file is already 9 MB and I just patched around noon EST today.  I wonder if it's one of the ones you can get rid of.

Mine was even bigger than that after one day of simming! But it's fine to delete. I did so yesterday and haven't had any problems playing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2012, 09:01:30 PM »
Hosfac, the baby swing didn't come with Generations. You have to buy it separately from the store. Don't let your Sims put it on fast speed.

Luckily, I'm not having any problems getting the infant out of the crib.

Achievements show up right away in-game, but it seems to take a while for the badges to register on My Page.

The newest glitch I've discovered is that my two newlyweds didn't get any wedding presents. Their mailbox said they had mail, and they had to write thank-you notes, but there was nothing in family inventory. I'm not losing any sleep over it, lol.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »
Yikes. I think I will set this patch out until I actually get Showtime. I have the fourth generation still a baby in my Dynasty and I'm not even going to do anything that might mess that up as she is the farthest I've ever gotten. Have no pets yet, but I have an infant. No thank you!  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2012, 11:56:46 PM »
The re-install fixed my problem with the cat, but I had to go back one save.  The current save was corrupted to the point that only the outline showed up on the main menu.  But the save before that was fine.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »
Hosfac, the baby swing didn't come with Generations. You have to buy it separately from the store. Don't let your Sims put it on fast speed.

Oh my.  This is not what I'd call good news for me lol.  :P

The re-install fixed my problem with the cat, but I had to go back one save.  The current save was corrupted to the point that only the outline showed up on the main menu.  But the save before that was fine.

Actually, I only expected it to fix those nasty rumors your game was starting about you.  The scandal of it all!  You should have sued for slander!  :O

Sounds like you managed to get a stroke of luck out of it though.  It's starting to sound like the pet bug is a common thing.  The only file I currently had with a pet was corrupted beyond repair.  Both saves.  That's what I get for not backing them up though.  Lesson learned (again).
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2012, 02:30:25 AM »
Oh my.  This is not what I'd call good news for me lol.  :P

Actually, I only expected it to fix those nasty rumors your game was starting about you.  The scandal of it all!  You should have sued for slander!  :O

Sounds like you managed to get a stroke of luck out of it though.  It's starting to sound like the pet bug is a common thing.  The only file I currently had with a pet was corrupted beyond repair.  Both saves.  That's what I get for not backing them up though.  Lesson learned (again).

All is well at the moment.  I haven't installed the update in my fresh game, either.  And I'm a little concerned about Showtime's release tomorrow because it will probably load the update as part of the expansion pack.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:24 AM »
All is well at the moment.  I haven't installed the update in my fresh game, either.  And I'm a little concerned about Showtime's release tomorrow because it will probably load the update as part of the expansion pack.

Maybe make copies of backups as far back as you can go, just in case? I'm waiting till Showtime to patch in case it does damage. Although right now it might as well, nothing else could get worse with my Dynasty. My Legacy needs transferring to the new UC anyway. My only issue is the update not working.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2012, 02:51:44 AM »
I loaded the patch and played most of the weekend with it.  It has been stable for me.  I "did" think for most of the weekend that it had stopped the in-game store from working, but then last night I finally noticed there was a tick box option for that, and it had got turned off somehow, so all was then well!

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2012, 05:00:55 AM »
I've had no problems so far, but hate the little thing always in the right upper corner.  I'm not going to post so go away. 
I loaded the patch and played most of the weekend with it.  It has been stable for me.  I "did" think for most of the weekend that it had stopped the in-game store from working, but then last night I finally noticed there was a tick box option for that, and it had got turned off somehow, so all was then well!

Glad that I now know I can get rid of the in-game store.  I don't like seeing things I can't get (no sim points).  Although it does at times show free stuff.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2012, 05:02:46 AM »
I feel very glad that I've uninstalled Pets, now!

Does anyone know how being offline affects the achievements? I read somewhere that even if you're online, as soon as you connect to the internet the achievements will be filled in.. I haven't gotten one badge? Mind you, I don't really recall seeing any badges that my sims should have filled in..

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2012, 06:44:33 AM »
My sympathies for everyone who lost files, progress and peace of mind over this. Yikes, I'm so sitting this one out for now even though the new veggie recipes and the ability to customize work clothes are tempting.

Offline ErinIsNice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2012, 08:15:24 AM »
Another issue I'm having is with cribs.  Once I put an infant into a crib, the crib becomes unusable and I can't take them out again.  I have to do a resetsim on the infant to fulfill their needs, and I can put them back into the crib, but then I won't be able to take them out again.  I've replaced the crib, and even used a different crib and this happens every time.

I'm having the crib problem too! The toddler was starving because no one could take him out of the crib. I reset him and then he was out of the crib and everything was fine, but I quit after that so I don't know if it would have happened again. This is so frustrating.

I haven't even installed Pets yet, because I'm afraid of more problems.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2012, 08:19:50 AM »
Unfortunately, out of 6 "active" and their 6 "backup" saves (as in I rotate 6 files and they have .backups), at least one of the cats were gone in every single one of them.  I'm just going to repatch and start over on that particular game. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:11 AM »

The newest glitch I've discovered is that my two newlyweds didn't get any wedding presents. Their mailbox said they had mail, and they had to write thank-you notes, but there was nothing in family inventory. I'm not losing any sleep over it, lol.

Glad I saw this. I had the same problem. I thought it was something I might have done. I'm not losing sleep over it but I'll bet my Gold Digger Sim is ticked off.  She  was counting on the money from those gifts to help increase her bank account.