Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51640 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »
I'm almost certain it's just skill opps. Will do more testing tomorrow.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
I think it's only the ones where you have to give someone somthing.

I got an opp to create a sculpture worth 3k and deliver it to a sim post patch and was able to turn it in just fine.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
@Gogo - Where your sims on vacation/had an adventure ready in their adventure journal at the time you patched up? That could be something to do with it..

I myself haven't tried the adventures, but they work in a similar way to the opps so I wouldn't be too surprised if they were affected as well.

I'm having the same issue.  I had the Dragon Cave adventure that required you to go to France to find a keystone.  I got to the part where you needed to find an Opal to get it before the patch.  After the patch, I miraculously found an opal in a tomb in France, and couldn't give it to the adventure NPC.

Another issue I'm having is with cribs.  Once I put an infant into a crib, the crib becomes unusable and I can't take them out again.  I have to do a resetsim on the infant to fulfill their needs, and I can put them back into the crib, but then I won't be able to take them out again.  I've replaced the crib, and even used a different crib and this happens every time.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »
I'm having a new and different issue.  After installing the patch and launching the game, it was fine.  But then I noticed that the icon of one of the cats was solid green and I couldn't do anything with her.  I couldn't find her in the house, either.  I probably should have researched how to remove the patch, but instead I did a system restore on my computer to put it back to a point before the patch was installed.  It only made things worse because now the game won't launch at all, no matter if I use the Sims 3 Launcher or not.  What happens is, I get a message about installing the patch and I cancel it.  Then I get a message saying:

It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.  Do you want to quit?

I don't have any modifications installed, so I don't know why it's giving me this message.  When I click Continue, the game starts to load, but then it crashes and says that Sims 3 has stopped working.

I've backed up all of my files and I'm going to do a complete re-install tonight.  I'm due for one anyway because I generally do a fresh install whenever an expansion pack comes out and I think I didn't do it with Pets.

Anyway, just wanted to report the problems I've been having.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »
Someone on the other Sims Forum posted in a thread that with the patch, you now earn an opportunity to see the Death by Magic ghost.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
1.31 Update
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »
I just called for a babysitter and my sim went to the hospital to have her baby. No babysitter showed up but the car is parked in front of the house. It took the money like she was there and showed her picture. The car is still there. I'll delete it.

Frey

« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
Wow. I'm definitely going to wait then. I'm really tempted to update and see the new social system thing, veggie food and all that but I don't think it's worth the risk. I hope EA fixes all of this soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
1.31 Update
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »
I just called for a babysitter and my sim went to the hospital to have her baby. No babysitter showed up but the car is parked in front of the house. It took the money like she was there and showed her picture. The car is still there. I'll delete it.

Babysitter showed up for the third and last baby with no problem. Maybe it was a one-time thing.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2012, 12:58:28 AM »

It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.  Do you want to quit?

I don't have any modifications installed, so I don't know why it's giving me this message.

Lol.  Pam using mods?  That will be the day.

I seemed to remember hearing something about this, so I did some research and found something that might help.  It appears that the problem seems to be an incorrectly installed patch.  Another uninstall/reinstall might fix the problem. 

There is a 3rd party fix for this (not a mod:  it's a 3rd party patching utility), but I won't link to it here because it violates EA's terms of conduct regarding altering a part of EA's service that they does not authorize you to alter. 
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:17 AM »
Lol.  Pam using mods?  That will be the day.

I know!  I was offended when I got that message from the game.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2012, 06:23:16 AM »
I've completed all types of opportunities, the only one that bugged up is one my sim had prior to the patch.  I cancelled it, and have had no problems since

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2012, 08:36:13 AM »
Did some more playing about and it seems I was mistaken! It is indeed just opps that you were on during patching up! :D I don't know why the opp in the new file bugged out..

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2012, 08:57:32 AM »
The new patch hasn't crashed my game as of yet , but my sims skins are very pale. They almost look like vampires.  :o
But it was a good idea to the social features inn the patch.
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Jokerfac

« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
It does affect the Mac as well.  I decided to do the requirements for the opportunity and eat at the steakhouse to simulate turning it in and cancelled the opportunity.  My decadynasty has been plagued by glitches and bugs.

I turned off the social features for now.  I will probably start a new save to attempt achievements with it on, but not when I am doing challenges or dynasties.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2012, 10:39:47 AM »
I played for three hours yesterday morning and then probably three more yesterday night. I had no problems going to other countries or completing ops (but I do see now it was only pre-patch ops that were broken).

The only issue I do have is under the little login box on the loading screen I sometimes get NoXRoadsName instead of my sims 3 name. I was able to correct it. I am sorry if this was brought up earlier in this thread, I haven't been able to read it closely since Friday night. Has anyone else had this problem? If so you may know more about it than me so please let me know if there's another way to correct it besides using CCleaner every time I want to log in. Thank you.