Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51689 times)

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »
I had already set my page to private, but if you haven't it will be going out to any friends you have and then, I think, onto their friends.

Ooh!  I see what you mean.  Most people probably never set it to private originally, because before the patch, it never really caused spam!

It's probably a good thing then, that I don't have friends (on the sims 3!).  Test driving the patch wouldn't have been half the fun if I knew I was being annoying! 

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 11:21:06 PM »
No need to fear kids. Successful installing.

The social popup in the right corner gets annoying. The one where you can send a post on your Sims Website wall...

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:21 PM »
The social popup in the right corner gets annoying. The one where you can send a post on your Sims Website wall...

Do we get the option to turn it off?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »
I have 10 Badges already. I'm waiting to get my unlocked rewards now that I got 10.

I am however excited that all Sims can learn veggie alternatives, so I'm continuing to scrap the veggie trait. At this rate, I'll just have my Simself and other Sims that I want to be veggie, just have a favorite veggie food, and only cook veggie dishes, and just call them veggie. 1.31 proves veggie trait is unnecessary.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
1.31 Update
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »
I just played about an hour and it's cool.. Sleepy now

--

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
1.31 Update
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 12:07:25 AM »
I think if you go to the options menu you can turn off notifications or log out all together. I just played after the patch and didn't have a problem with annoying pop ups.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 12:11:18 AM »
I updated and launched my game.  Everything is fine so far.

@sdhoey:  What's that link in your signature?  Did we talk about that already or am I thinking of someone else?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 12:17:02 AM »
I think if you log out, the notification will go away. But I can't figure out how to turn it off in game while still logged in. I assume we're talking about the thing that has your official site avatar and it says like "Write your post here" or something along those lines. You can hide it like other notifications, but there's no x to close it.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 02:55:20 AM »
Oh, that's why I couldn't find it on the sims site. Hmm.. Again, I think I'll wait to find out more before updating..

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 03:09:55 AM »
Thanks for the SimsVIP link. I update manually since I like the additional bit of control and refuse to install Origin, so I didn't know about the patch. I think I'll hold off a bit to see what people say about patch problems, but one new feature is very tempting: customizing career outfits. Has anyone used that yet? One reason why I prefer self-employed Sims is the fact that I can't stand most work clothes -- skirts and heels wherever you go, ugh. If I can actually put some decent shoes and pants on the female Sims instead now, I'll be happy!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 04:51:32 AM »
I made the mistake of downloading the patch and them my sims got stuck  in China. Everytime they used the phone to return home, the action cancelled. It's as if they had become permanent residents of China. So I lost all that was accomplished in China, because I had to exit without saving.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 05:48:35 AM »
I'm waiting a day or two to download the patch.  Not because I'm scared of the patch...I just want to wait for my mods to get updated.  :P  Good thing I skip the whole launcher business to start my game...

I'm actually looking forward to using some of the social features, so I hope you all don't decide to be hermits. 

I too am waiting for mod updates. Has Overwatch been updated yet? I'll go check... Oh, and I won't be a hermit! :P

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 07:26:51 AM »
I too am waiting for mod updates. Has Overwatch been updated yet? I'll go check... Oh, and I won't be a hermit! :P

Yes Overwatch is updated. Twallen has alot updated as of this morning..
I updated and launched my game.  Everything is fine so far.

@sdhoey:  What's that link in your signature?  Did we talk about that already or am I thinking of someone else?

Pam> That comes from Tapatalk app. I never know when it's being put in there. I use it on my cellphone. I'm gonna read more about it and how to shut it off. It annoys me

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »
Yes Overwatch is updated. Twallen has alot updated as of this morning..

Woo, thanks Sdhoey! :)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »

You can go into options and turn everything off.

anything