Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51714 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »
Also downloading. Make sure you backup your saves and everything, everybody!

Frey

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »
EDIT:
See, it's bugs show time!

LOL, that made me laugh out loud  ;D.

There's no way I'm puting my poor recently fixed and working game at risk with this one! Not unless I decide to get Showtime anyways. I've been struggling with corrupt saves and crashing ever since Pets came out and I just fixed them (fingers crossed) yesterday. I will keep my sims well away from the new bugs show time for a while.

Has anyone tried it already? Anything good or bad to comment?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »
Reading on the official forum. It seems most people are having problems related to the social features, not game features (although some people are), and there is a new cache "socialCache.package."

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:47 PM »
That makes sense considering Showtime isn't even out yet. I thought the social features would have been built into the EP itself not a little patch.

Offline Kris402

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »
I've been trying to install the patch for a couple hours now but it keeps giving me a "Invalid File" message right before it finishes. I've taken out downloads/CC stuff and deleted my caches but it's still giving me problems at about 92% of the install.

Any ideas? :(

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
If I remember correctly, patches usually come a little before the next EP/SP. 1.29 was released one or two days before MS. That's how they added the little icon for it an the launcher. I remember thinking "Wait, it's not out yet!" and it definitely wasn't out yet lol.

Here's a link to simsvip with a lot of information about the patch.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
1.31 Update
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »
So far, so good. No problems. I did start with a brand new game file so I wouldn't hurt my dynasty if something goes south. I noticed some familiar names on the in-game posting system. Hi RicaLyn & xFezIsAFreakx :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
I downloaded the patch without issues and it seems like my current game is okay.  I did however go into my options to uncheck a lot of new things. You can log in at your main menu now and I had to check the "don't show this message again" box when it reminded me I wasn't logged in. I also unchecked the boxes to allow the in game notifications and the new things I don't intend to use. 

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
1.31 Update
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »
I just updated .. Testing it out now.. Doing a saves.. Didnt want to risk my current saves so I moved them out

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vlmqhv

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 10:25:43 PM »
I just accidentally updated to the new patch (ALWAYS read before you click.  Oops!)  I was pretty nervous because I didn't make a back up of the town I've been playing for 12 Sim weeks or so.  My town loaded fine, and with my extremely non-scientific testing, it played pretty well.  There's a new tab on the notification bar for sharing posts.  Think like your wall on Facebook. You avatar from the website is next to it.  In your avatar box, there's a button that pops up a screen.  The screen has your wall, a page with settings, a badges section, and I think the last one was a list of friends.  There are settings to make your posts private, public or only shown to friends.  Also, in the regular game options there's a check box to turn on/off the extra tab for wall posts.  I can't remember what it was called specifically.  All of this would be more useful, I'm sure, if I had played for more than 15-20 minutes.  Though I have to say, on my computer, I've been having to force close The Sims because it keeps freezing.  Post-patch, the game exited just fine :)

I unlocked two badges quickly by ordering a pizza and visiting the grocery store.  One I left the wall share tab on, the other I turned it off for.  You still earn badges if the wall share thingy is off.  My question:  do I get any bonuses for unlocking badges? 

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
I'm waiting a day or two to download the patch.  Not because I'm scared of the patch...I just want to wait for my mods to get updated.  :P  Good thing I skip the whole launcher business to start my game...

I'm actually looking forward to using some of the social features, so I hope you all don't decide to be hermits. 
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Kris402

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 10:40:43 PM »
Updated successfully (thank you SimsVIP) :)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 10:43:02 PM »
I'm waiting a day or two to download the patch.  Not because I'm scared of the patch...I just want to wait for my mods to get updated.  :P  Good thing I skip the whole launcher business to start my game...

I'm actually looking forward to using some of the social features, so I hope you all don't decide to be hermits.

I don't know if you have visited your My Page at TS3 but things like achievements and badges are getting spammed to any friends you have at the site.

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 10:47:41 PM »

I don't know if you have visited your My Page at TS3 but things like achievements and badges are getting spammed to any friends you have at the site.

I'm about 90% certain you can change the settings so the only person who can see that stuff is you.  Unless I'm misunderstanding the settings, which could be possible.  But I'm pretty sure private means only you see the stuff posted on your wall.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »
I'm about 90% certain you can change the settings so the only person who can see that stuff is you.  Unless I'm misunderstanding the settings, which could be possible.  But I'm pretty sure private means only you see the stuff posted on your wall.

I had already set my page to private, but if you haven't it will be going out to any friends you have and then, I think, onto their friends.

anything