Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51646 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »
I just updated and then got this at the very end of the 98%. Uhg. I'm starting the Patch again to see if it was just a fluke, does anyone know how to get around this?

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:14 AM »
I think maybe we should have separate topics for things like the social system.  This topic is specifically about the update itself and not really a good place to talk about the individual new game content.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2012, 05:06:11 AM »
Not sure if it makes a difference but I just opened up Origin (The Program, Not the Patch Download) and it had an update to do, maybe that could be the issue with downloading the patch?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2012, 05:24:37 AM »
Not sure if it makes a difference but I just opened up Origin (The Program, Not the Patch Download) and it had an update to do, maybe that could be the issue with downloading the patch?

I downloaded the new Origin patch before I downloaded the Sims 3 patch. I'd say, give the Origin patch a try first. :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2012, 05:45:38 AM »
Not sure if it's been posted but when my sim went to buy a few watermelons, she found Tofu!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2012, 05:49:10 AM »
The update has caused career opps to be broken, and some skill opps as well. (Maybe even all opps!) Once I complete whatever the opp is asking me to complete, it still comes up as if I haven't done what is required. :-\ Not good at all for Dynasties!!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2012, 05:53:26 AM »
I keep getting that too when I try to install the patch when I start my game. I gave up and just say no each time. I might try the Origin update, otherwise, I'll just wait till I get Showtime next week.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2012, 06:13:23 AM »
The update has caused career opps to be broken, and some skill opps as well. (Maybe even all opps!) Once I complete whatever the opp is asking me to complete, it still comes up as if I haven't done what is required. :-\ Not good at all for Dynasties!!
It also effects adventures. My sims' hard work is all ruined!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »
Oh, maybe I should stop trying to update then if that is the case... Half my Simming time is for my Dynasty.  :-\

Melusane

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
I found something funny with this new patch:

Everything is fine for me, except that I cannot play again with a game made from the scratch and saved. It does not show in the main menu of the game. It looks alright in the Saves files though. And I can play with old saved games (before the patch) and save new ones from them, as far as I don't completely rename them.

I must tell the way I name my saved games: they all start with the name of the family I'm playing with, and numbers or comments after it. ie: My sim is called Jennifer Smith and my saves with her are named Smith 1, Smith 2 and so on.

After several tests, I found out that I could play with my new made-from-the-scratch games if their names started with the first word of an old game. I am just wondering if this has not something to do with the way "friends" are named in the new communication device? I did not try it.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »
I am not a Mac and I patched up and have had no problems. I played a brand new game right after I patched up and then this morning my son played one of his saved and we haven't had anything go wrong. Just incase anyone is wondering on the Mac end. Good luck to everyone having issues with it though!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »
That's an interesting problem. I tend to save my games with SV, AP, etc., followed by the family name or name or the challenge, so I wouldn't have noticed the problem.

My issue is that career ops aren't getting completed. Skill ops seem okay, and I haven't tried a celebrity op or adventure yet. The skill ops were in a post-patch file, so I wonder if that makes a difference.

Another problem is that only one of my achievements shows up on MyPage. The other shows up in-game.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2012, 12:01:37 PM »
I just updated and then got this at the very end of the 98%. Uhg. I'm starting the Patch again to see if it was just a fluke, does anyone know how to get around this?

Have you tried downloading the cumulative super-patch from the link in the third post of this thread? That is usually the solution to this problem, if updating Origin doesn't help.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2012, 12:40:12 PM »
Oh gosh, this opp bug is horrendous! That's travelling adventures and literally all opps not working at all! They are such a huge part of the game, this better be fixed son!!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
1.31 Update
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »
I get opps haven't traveled yet

anything