Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51647 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
I get opps haven't traveled yet

Yes but does it let you complete them? It doesn't let me finish them. Once I complete the requirements to finish the opp, the opp just stays there as if I've done nothing. It's affecting all my files, including my legacy. *sigh*

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2012, 01:05:43 PM »
Fez - I know you normally don't do more than one game but maybe try a new game and see if you can do Opps in a new game to see if it covers everything or just pre-existing files.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2012, 01:08:30 PM »
Fez - I know you normally don't do more than one game but maybe try a new game and see if you can do Opps in a new game to see if it covers everything or just pre-existing files.

That was the first thing I did. As mentioned above, it does affect all my files -including the brand new one I started deliberately to see if it would be affected. :(

The thing is.. I've only had this affect skill opps so far and a few careers. Haven't tried with the special opps. Gogo says his adventures have been bugged out..

@Gogo - Where your sims on vacation/had an adventure ready in their adventure journal at the time you patched up? That could be something to do with it..

I myself haven't tried the adventures, but they work in a similar way to the opps so I wouldn't be too surprised if they were affected as well.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »
My sims are moving around like Mimes! they are jerky.I am only testing this new patch. I deleted my other games. After all, with Showtime there will be MORE patches (I am certain).

macphile

« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2012, 02:40:05 PM »
Well, I downloaded it. We shall see. I had plenty of hassle with this new ID business, and of course, I'm leaving myself not logged in. I have no friends to share my game with, ha. And I don't do anything with the site from inside the game. Shopping crashes me. Anyway, so far, my game's going as well as ever.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
Are most of you playing on ot off line? I wonder if my issues are due to refusing to be online while I get aquainted with the new game?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »
I always, always play offline. Otherwise, my laptop would crash. Haven't played enough to determine an actual serious increase in lag, because I already had a lot, but I did notice that there was slightly more when I first played my Dreamer file. I noticed none in my practice file when i was testing the opportunities, but that's probably because it was brand new and clean.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »
@Gogo - Where your sims on vacation/had an adventure ready in their adventure journal at the time you patched up? That could be something to do with it..
Yes they did have an adventure and had started on it.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »
Yes they did have an adventure and had started on it.

Hmm.. Have you tried with just ending that adventure, going home, then going back on vacation and retrying it or trying another one? I heard on the official forums that it's only opps that you were currently doing that are affected. Though this doesn't apply for my game, because any skill opp seems to be bugged out.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Hmm.. Have you tried with just ending that adventure, going home, then going back on vacation and retrying it or trying another one? I heard on the official forums that it's only opps that you were currently doing that are affected. Though this doesn't apply for my game, because any skill opp seems to be bugged out.
Interesting. I don't really feel like doing that adventure again though.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2012, 05:09:27 PM »
I don't think I'm having the opportunity problem. I've only done one so far and it was a celebrity one, where you have to "Entertain Sick Kids." I got the celebrity point reward and the simolean reward. Is this problem going on with all opportunities?

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »
I'm kinda scared now to patch my game with all these issues. I think I'll just wait.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »
I don't think I'm having the opportunity problem. I've only done one so far and it was a celebrity one, where you have to "Entertain Sick Kids." I got the celebrity point reward and the simolean reward. Is this problem going on with all opportunities?
I think it's only the ones where you have to give someone somthing.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
Okay, both the ops I didn't get were from games saved before the patch. I've been able to complete a private investigator case, so I think career ops and even adventures might work in new games.

Also, all my achievement badges are showing up now. So the glitches I had seem to have been resolved.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
I think it's only the ones where you have to give someone somthing.

Hmm, I'll keep an eye out then and see if it's glitched in my games too.