Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 51650 times)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
1.31 Update
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:27:46 PM »
Didn't see anything about it.. so I thought I might bring the information here.

"To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes the following changes:

Exciting new connected features which allow you to:

Post and view messages from your friends while playing, without having to leave or even pause the game.
    Find new friends and add them to your friends list.
    Access your Player Profile and Wall from the Options Menu
        Receive status updates from your friends about their game, and comment!
        Achievements—view the badges you’ve earned for those you’ve completed, sort and view those you have yet to complete, and find new achievements, which will be introduced to your game regularly!
        Edit and view your Player Profile, including your avatar, My Story, and wall posts all about you!
        Get all of the latest and exciting news from The Sims 3!
    You can now specify what outfit your Sim will wear to work by using a dresser.
    When a Service NPC joins the family, their special service outfit is added to the wardrobe."

~~~

Here's the new one that just came out.

"This game update includes the following changes:

Prevention of any custom, user-created content from being installed in the host’s game when using SimPort.
    Capability to remove any files associated with a visiting Sim during a SimPort experience so they are not saved to a player’s system permanently."

Should help people with SimPort troubles. :)

Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »
So it's like one of those PS3 Games where we talk to random people and play?

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
This is indeed a new patch update. You can view the patch notes here. This update is necessary to run The Sims 3: Showtime and further expansion and stuff packs.

You can manually and directly download the patch through the following links.

Incremental (192MB), United States (NA Region 1)

Incremental (192MB),  Europe & Australia (Region 2)

Cumulative (942MB), *Super Patch* All Regions

[Source]

Note that the patch brings the all-new social feature aspect to the game which acts in a notificational manner, as thoroughly described by SimsVip here. This game update also adds the achievement system and much more. Before installing please make sure to disable your custom content and temporarily remove your Mods folder from Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 as this game update can easily break your game and/or corrupt your save files if those steps aren't taken.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
Woo, about time!

Gosh, I hope this fixes my crashing! Will be installing this as soon as I come home tomorrow!

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »
Wow, I didn't expected the patch so soon, since Showtime is only released next week. For the bug fixes, I hope they are included in this patch but I see no sign of that in the notes sadly.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »
I don't see any bug fixes either. I wonder if this will be the only patch with Showtime.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
Grr, I can't seem to be able to load up the patch notes. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »
None of the patch notes are available because unless you got this through your launcher than you may be getting a bad copy of it.  They released this to Macs today and there has already been some serious issues, including people not able to get past main menu due to the new features.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »
I don't see any bug fixes either. I wonder if this will be the only patch with Showtime.

What seems to be the scheme with EP patches is to release a first patch with the EP (and this patch adds new features = new bugs too), then release a second patch 4 to 8 weeks later. This one doesn't add anything but focus on bug fixes, at least some of them. So brace yourself Sims players, the new bugs delivery has just arrived  ;)

EDIT:
See, it's bugs show time!
They released this to Macs today and there has already been some serious issues, including people not able to get past main menu due to the new features.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
I've been playing all day without updating because I'm afraid of the patch (who wouldn't be?) and now my launcher doesn't even recognize there is a patch. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 07:50:06 PM »
They released this to Macs today and there has already been some serious issues, including people not able to get past main menu due to the new features.

Yikes! Thanks for that heads up Rica. I already was wary. Now I'm probably going to wait a few weeks before patching.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
1.31 Update
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
Hmmmm.... Mine is updating right now. We'll see how it goes.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
I am downloading the patch right now on my PC. I'm hoping I have no issues.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »
Despite the temptation, I will wait a bit too. I'm not -really- going to need this patch until after Showtime is released. So there is no hurry.

BellaClo is correct. Electronic Arts has been using this scheme since the release of Ambitions...if I remember correctly. It might have even been Late Night, I'm unsure. When the game was first released and then World Adventures and subsequently High-End Loft Stuff, they were very quick at fixing most minor bugs. This was happening due to the fast release schedule of new patches (they weren't waiting for the EP or the SP to release a new patch).

Now they only release two patches per expansion pack. The first one brings the bugs and glitches while the second one potentially fixes them. For example, patches 1.26 and 1.29. With 1.26 only, sims could roast and eat horse fertilizer. With 1.29 the "ability" was removed. Good riddance.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »
Downloading...downloading.

This patch better not mess up my game and corrupt my files like with the GEN Patch.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

anything