Author Topic: Distorted Nooboo :(  (Read 5809 times)

Chelkey

Distorted Nooboo :(
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
Has anyone every had this problem? My newborn came home from the hospital in the shape of what appeared to be a stick or very long distorted arm. I don't have mods added to game, I did however recently add a couple of hairstyles and clothes from The Exchange. The only other thing I can think of is something in the coding of the game got messed up because I named the baby after her dead Grandmother who's burial plot is on the lot the baby lives at. If the Sim characters are considered variables in a program, I do know that having two variables named exactly the same could mess up the program. I'm not sure if this is my case or not. In any event, here are a couple of pictures of my issue, just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this before?

The first picture is the baby in her crib. The second picture is the Mom playing with the baby. I tried the resetSim FirstName LastName and now the little nooboo is invisible. It makes it next to impossible to care for her! :( I have to leave up to the mother and the rest of the family to hope she gets at least some care. I can click on the crib and have them hold her, but its very hard to find her to get other options and if they should put her down on the floor, forget it!

This is my Legacy family so I don't really want to start over. What I will do is see if she is normal as a toddler and if not, just move the Mom, Dad, and distorted child out of the Legacy home. Luckily, this didn't happen to the heir's babies.

Again, just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this at all.

Thanks, Lisa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Distorted Nooboo :(
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:29:21 PM »
I've had something similar.  In my case, it was caused by some custom clothing that was part of a house or something that I downloaded from the exchange.  By that, I mean that the people who uploaded the house/family to the exchange had put custom content/mod clothing on the family in the house.  Then I downloaded the family/house and that crazy clothing became part of my game.  I don't know how, but it made infants distorted.  The way I solved it was to open the launcher and click on the button for Installed Content.  I found some pieces of clothing on the Sims tab that didn't belong.  You can delete those items right there in the launcher.  That's my best suggestion for you right now.  Let us know if it helps.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 06:16:42 AM »
Some times having the baby age up helps, some have also found if the distorted stays then changing the appearance works as well.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »
Yes, this exactly happened to me, I had to age them up to toddlers to go change the clothing and the hair, then I reset the toddler to be safe.
Hopefully that helps. :)

Chelkey

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:06 AM »
Thank you all for the help! I will give all your suggestions a try after I get some sleep. Pam, I bet you are right, it probably has to do with the hairstyles and clothes I got from the exchange.

Thank you all again!

Lisa

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
I haven't had this happen so I don't have any sound advice, but I can't pass up mentioning that in picture #2 it would seem that your baby is actually T-1000!
"Hey Janelle, what's wrong with Wolfie? I can hear him barking. Is he okay?"  :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
"Hey Janelle, what's wrong with Wolfie? I can hear him barking. Is he okay?"  :D

Great reference. ;D But, I wonder how many players got it? Oh, well. I did.  :D 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »
But, I wonder how many players got it? Oh, well. I did.  :D 

I got it!  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »
I haven't had this happen so I don't have any sound advice, but I can't pass up mentioning that in picture #2 it would seem that your baby is actually T-1000!

Lolz. Terminator 2 stuff.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
I have had some monster Sim babies and children and odd graphic issues recently although otherwise the game is fine.  The whole thing was freaking me out.  I found some information on the Sims official site and I now am pretty sure that I got rid of all my weird kid problems.  I had a normal baby and I went and adopted a child and all are just fine.  It told what to look for and I had three things to uninstall and now everything seems fine.  You go into the Launcher under Installed Content and look for odd looking things like New Cas Project, Collection Blondes, etc.  The ones I had were the nighttime-daytime everyday shoes (the picture looks like high top shoes), Shymoo and another that I can't remember.  They have a whole list of them over there.  Actually the ones I had were obvious when I opened the Launcher and looked under the Sims section (don't look in downloads, you have to go into Installed Content) because they were just odd looking.  No one will know how happy I am to be rid of that mess.  Some over there were just playing their game with the weird kids and got used to it.  I doubt I'd have ever gotten used to it.  They claim once the kids reach adulthood they get normal again. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »
True, it's that third party custom content that causes the distorted and messed up babies.  One of the reasons we strongly advise against using any kind of third party content.  Thanks for the additional information.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 02:01:29 AM »
I had only downloaded a couple of things and then had all that trouble.  I see all the neat hairstyles and clothes and get to wanting some and I weakened.  LOL 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 02:21:09 AM »
I understand!  I did the same thing when I first got the game.  I had no idea it could cause so much harm.  Now I just save up and buy stuff at the Store if I really want something new.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything