Author Topic: Game Mod Discussion at Carl's Sims 3 Forum  (Read 72800 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Game Mod Discussion at Carl's Sims 3 Forum
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2012, 09:40:42 PM »
Since there is so much support for this, I am going to open the board by Saturday afternoon.

;D  Great! Then I'll be able to get info and be ready for updated Showtime mods.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »
This is actually true for PCs too. If you open your machine before that warranty is up all computer makers will count the warranty as void. If you ever have problems and still have warranty call the company first! If you don't know how to rebuild your computer from the motherboard up. I don't recommend you poking around inside. A lot can go wrong very fast i.e. static electricity. Always have someone certified or trained to it for you.

Or you misplace a screw. They can be tiny, especially for laptop's.

I have to wait two years to do any routine maintenance because I bought my computer through a warehouse store called Costco. And Costco automatically extends the warranty of things an additional year. Luckily, my graphics card isn't the worst (isn't the best, though) and my processor should help take up some of the slack of the video card (I splurged for the best processor I could find since that's the hardest thing to upgrade and I'm looking at keeping the desktop for 5+ years).

However, my brother is tech savvy so even if I did void my warranty anything short of hard drive failure or a motherboard dying, I should be good. And I'm around the 90 day mark so I might be just getting past the 99% time of when computers fail before their time. At least I think it's 90 days if it isn't dead on arrival.

Since there is so much support for this, I am going to open the board by Saturday afternoon.

And can't wait to be able to help people decide if mods are or are not right for them and help those who do want them to install them properly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »
If you downloaded patch 1.31, I would wait a bit to install any mods. Twallan hasn't updated yet, and I don't know how the older 1.29 patch compatible will work.

I can say with a great deal of certainty that they won't be.  They never are.  I'm waiting until Twallan updates his mods before I download the patch.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »
Well he always updates them at an insane speed to which I am immemsely grateful for. He's updating as we speak I believe. I'm getting notifications from his wiki every few minutes heh.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:49 AM »
Firstly thanks for the email notification about this change, it made me pop back in here and see what was happening in the sims community after putting the game aside for a few months, and what do I find but a new community world and an imminent new expansion (which I just had to go and pre-order!)

About the mod change policy, I'm fully supportive of it.  Like many others I've always used a few of Twallian's mods that fix bugs, clear up excess cars and make otherwise corrupted saves playable, so it's great that we can talk about these and no doubt discover from other people in the community new and interesting mods.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2012, 04:59:48 AM »
Thanks for stopping in to tell us, and welcome back. I was hoping no one would flame me for going the email route to get the word out, but I knew it had to be something that had impacted opinions on our forum in the past. The number of lower post members who have said something tells me a lot. I'm glad we're making this change now instead of waiting even longer to open up discussion. You'll probably see the board pop up tomorrow night as I said :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2012, 05:50:19 AM »
Tomorrow? Perfect timing - tomorrow is the day when I'm thinking I'll install ErrorTrap and I have a lot of questions! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »
I can say with a great deal of certainty that they won't be.  They never are.  I'm waiting until Twallan updates his mods before I download the patch.

TWALLEN has already gotten most of the major ones updated.. he started last night and when I got up this morning he had all be 2 on his list done.. he is the best.. I tired to play my everyday game file without overwatch and man, the taxi's in my town where coming by the hundreds!! LOL

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:56 AM »
Story Progression isn't updated; but, Master Controller is and some others.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »
I've never patched with a mod before.. So, I temporarily remove the mods folder from my sims 3 folder, patch up, put the mods folder back and then go to the nraas site and install the new version of the mod and it'll just overwrite the current one? (I only have Overwatch right now)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2012, 08:55:01 AM »
I usually remove the old version of those mods, and replace it with the new, just to be on the safe side.

Does anyone here use pose player? I have always wanted to use it, (I've been going back to mods recently, but never used that one), but I'm worried it will conflict with Twallan's mods.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
I don't think I really will ever need to use mods.

My computer I use is great; playing in Bridgeport or somewhere else for 4+ hours doesn't do anything, not even with all graphics maxed. It's quite insane really. :o
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2012, 09:16:09 AM »
First dumb question. Shouldn't I wait till I install Showtime to go looking for mods? I know we had the patch but is it possible that Showtime itself could change things?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:16 AM »
Not such a dumb question. When downloading mods for 1.31, I saw that Twallan had written a message that EA had again changed some things, so some mods that were supposed to be ready are not.
So, I use a few but, wait to put in the others.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Game Mod Discussion at Carl's Sims 3 Forum
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
Story Progression is updated ... Careers and portrait panel are not updated so far

---

anything