Author Topic: Hypothetical Question About Simbots and AI  (Read 4490 times)

Sculpur

Hypothetical Question About Simbots and AI
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
I've been recently thinking of remaking a city (by editing a town), populating it entirely by Simbots (making them, kicking them out and killing off the rest of the population in the meantime).  Developing a city-of-the-future kind of idea, editing the lots to look futuristic and etc. However, I got to thinking - Simbots do not reproduce normally, they can only be ordered or built, so a household of simbots would eventually die out... So, my question: is there a way to somehow incline an NPC Simbot towards building another one? I know the answer is probably no, but I decided to make sure.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Hypothetical Question About Simbots and AI
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Sculpur.

The only way you could get a Simbot to make another one would be to control it yourself and do the Inventing skill.  They won't do it on their own.  Another option for you might be to turn off Aging under the Options menu.  If you don't care what happens to the normal Sims, that might work.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sculpur

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:37:54 AM »
Thank you, and yes this is a good way to do it, plus it sounds thematically correct, since robots wouldn't normally age anyway.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:01:44 AM »
As long as you are controlling the robot you can have them make more robots (on the inventing table, or ordering one) and it's listed as children in the family tree, so 'technically' they have children, but they can't do it alone, you need to help them with it.

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »
Won't simbots reproduce if left on their on? If a couple of a sim and a simbot (or mummy) is left alone they have children, so wouldn't the same happen with a couple of simbots?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:25 PM »
Won't simbots reproduce if left on their on? If a couple of a sim and a simbot (or mummy) is left alone they have children, so wouldn't the same happen with a couple of simbots?

Interesting question. Like you said sims and simbot will have kids. I've had several simbots running around before but they were all made by the same sim so they were brothers and sisters. Be interesting to have some unrelated sims to make some and move them in together and see what happens.
Has anyone tried this?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 04:06:10 AM »

Yes, they will. Occasionally simbots will reproduce with normal sims as well, resulting in a simbot with the skin of a sim, the rest is electronic.
If they that way will reproduce with simbots as well I don't know. But I assume they will.

Why don't you try that out yourself Sculpur? If it doesn't work you could always turn aging off like Pam has suggested.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dstgarner217

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
technically you could use cheat code to create a town of sim bots if u really wanted to,  just sayin...
 8)

ctrl+alt+c  testingcheatsenabled true  and then ctrl+alt+c  buydebug go into buy mode select the select sort by function and click the question mark.  choose the category to dispaly all items and it has the simbot among a few other LTR purchasable objects, and the other inventions/sculptures...  too bad no child toy for generations though  :-\

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 01:18:59 PM »
If you're interested in using mods, you might want to check into Buzzler's Aging Manager mod, which will let you change aging for individual sims, or households. It also has a TS2 style aging option.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
[...] it has the simbot [...]

Are you absolutely sure? I have played with BuyDebug regularly and I have never seen the simbot there.

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »
that would be awesome town
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 06:32:07 PM »
it has the simbot among a few other LTR purchasable objects, and the other inventions/sculptures...  too bad no child toy for generations though  :-\

I believe your thinking of the Simbot Statue you make with the sculpting skill. Not the one made with inventing.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.