Author Topic: The Langerak Lunatics, failed, move to graveyard  (Read 38399 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Langerak Lunatics
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »
Part One, Chapter Five
   On the whole, it was fun having a little brother who was big enough to play with. Una and Boris could seesaw together.

They could play hopscotch…

…and scan the horizon for bandits.

The night before she became a teenager, Una was awakened by the burglar alarm. The burglar didn’t steal anything, but the policeman wasn’t able to catch him. The only thing that happened was that everyone was rudely jolted out of a sound sleep.

Una realized she could have her birthday cake right away because it was after midnight. But her dad said no, she should wait for the party. It would be her parents’ birthday, too, so they invited their friends as well as hers.

Una spotted her best friend Marcelo among the guests, so she quickly changed into her new dress.

She and Marcelo danced together…

…and when he left, he held her hand. Una thought she would just about faint from happiness.

Una’s dad had to leave the party early because of his job. Arthur became an elder just as he was getting ready to come home from work.

Her mother had to go deal with an emergency at the hospital, so she had her birthday outside, with a couple of wild horses.

It was the first time Una had been left in charge without a baby-sitter, so she felt very grown-up. A strange man wandered into the house, claiming he was there for the party even though all the other guests had left some time ago. He was a vampire and kind of scary, so Una told him he had to leave. He said the party was not fun, but all the other guests agreed it had been epic. When Una went outside to make sure he was gone, she found one of her birthday presents.

She found the other when she went upstairs to go to bed.

It had been an incredible, wonderful birthday, awesome verging on epic, but Una knew which memory would stay with her the longest.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »
Your dialogue had me laughing! Well done!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 08:59:30 PM »
Part One, Chapter Six

Shortly after Una’s birthday, Boris became a teenager. He decided that he wanted to become a doctor, like their mother. Una thought he would make a good doctor because he already looked very mature and serious.

When Prom Night came, she wasn’t surprised that Boris was elected Prom King. He had the usual up-and-down prom experience – his crush wouldn’t dance with him and he got into a fight with someone who stepped on his toes, but the decorations were wonderful, they played his favorite song, and he ended the night with a romantic interest in Irene Su – who happened to be a senior.

Una herself had a wonderful magical time. Her date was Marcelo, of course. Not only did he persuade her to kiss him by saying that a meteorite might land on the school (“Well, yeah, that’s why they built the school underground,” she thought, but she wanted to kiss him so she went along with it.), but he also asked her to go steady. Everyone agreed they were the cutest couple at the prom.

Una was glad they thought so, because she herself wasn’t entirely happy with the way Marcelo had dressed. True, he looked gorgeous in whatever he chose to wear, but she couldn’t help wishing he’d chosen something other than sweatpants for the prom. One might almost think he was insane.

A few nights later, she got confirmation of this suspicion while they were outside looking at Simhome.

“Do you ever wonder what it’s like to live there?” she said.

“I don’t have to wonder,” said Marcelo. “I’ve been there.”

“How?” she said. “When?”

“I can go any time I want,” he said. “I just have an OOBE.”

“An ooby?” repeated Una.

“An out-of-body experience,” said Marcelo. “You see, basically I’m just a computer program, so all I have to do is e-mail myself to another port, and the computer program assembles all the material needed to construct my body and clothes and everything. I’ve been to Riverview and Sunset Valley and everywhere, even Bridgeport.”

He sounded so matter-of-fact that Una almost asked him what Bridgeport had been like, but then she thought “No, that would be crazy.” She wondered if she could handle living with someone who was crazy, but then she realized she had already had lots of practice.

A few days later, her dad offered to teach her how to drive in the van he had recently acquired. It was a very nice van, almost a home away from home, but it was so big that she felt nervous about driving fast in it.

“The accelerator’s on your right,” said her dad. “No, that’s the brake.”

Eventually they decided they had both had enough and traded places. Her dad started to tell her then about what the Watcher had asked of him. “And the Watcher was right about the vampires,” he said. “My best friend Stefan Bayless is one and so is someone else I work with. Your mother works with one, too, and her best friend is married to one. It really is a curse spreading through Lunar Lakes.”

“How is my amassing a collection of ten objects and doing all the other stuff supposed to help defeat vampirism?” asked Una.

“Honey, I don’t know,” said her father. “But it’s what the Watcher wants. I am sorry. It means you’ll have to wait a while before you and Marcelo can get married and have children.”

Una thought that on the whole, that might not be such a bad thing.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
I love your story so far - poor Una, though, she seems destined to live with crazies!  Awesome pics of Lunar Lakes - it makes me want to start up a file and explore a bit.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »
Part One, Chapter Seven

Sunrise is a great time for deep conversations.

“The children are growing up,” said Arthur.

“I know, and it’s terrible,” said Gloria. “Neither one of them has time for hopscotch or tag, and I don’t know how long it’s been since they’ve even looked at the dollhouse.”

“That’s not quite what I was thinking of,” said Arthur. “Um, you do realize that they’re both in relationships?”

“I’m not totally oblivious,” said Gloria. “I am well aware that Una is going steady with Marcelo, and that she even kissed him in one of the parks. She told me herself, and I cautioned her against public displays of affection.”

“Well, good,” said Arthur. “And you spoke to Boris, too?”

“About what?”

“About his relationship with Irene Su.”

“She’s way older than he is,” said Gloria. “They can’t have a relationship.”

“That’s not what I heard from one of the guys at work,” said Arthur. “’Boys will be boys, nudge, nudge,’ he said. And when I asked what he meant, he told me his wife had seen Boris and Irene together.”

“Well, it’s not a problem now,” said Gloria.

“I was thinking,” said Arthur, “that we might add on to the house a bit so that when Boris does finish school, he and Irene could live here.”

“Don’t you think they’ll want a place of their own?” said Gloria. “Although it would be lovely to have little nooboos running around again. But what about Una?”

“She has a few tasks to perform before she can move out,” said Arthur.

“Tasks?”

“It’s something the Watcher has asked for.”

“Oooh, the Watcher,” said Gloria.

“She’s been making good progress,” said Arthur, “coming in first in the Art-a-thon…

…and doing so well with her sculpting.”

“I didn’t know the Watcher took an interest in Una,” said Gloria.

“The Watcher takes an interest in all of us,” said Arthur. There was more he had wanted to say, about the Watcher and vampires, and how helpful Gloria could be to Una by making friends, but he realized the topic was just too serious. Gloria might have become a world-renowned surgeon, but emotionally she was still the childlike young lady who had captivated him so many years. ago.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 08:47:44 AM »
Part One, Chapter Eight

Una felt that she would be a teenager forever, but one day she finally became a young adult.

Her family went with her to graduation. Una couldn’t believe that only a few years ago she had been afraid to enter the portals of blue mist.

Right after she graduated, a couple of vampires protested against llamas outside City Hall. One of the protesters was Irene Su, Boris’s former girlfriend. He’d had to break up with her when he found out she was a vampire, which had made him unhappy.

Breaking up with Irene brought on a bad mood swing. Boris played a few pranks…

…and suffered the consequences.

Right after graduation, Una talked to Marcelo about the tasks that the Watcher had given her. It would be a long time before they could marry, she explained. Not only did she have to reach the top of the sculpting career, but she had to be the best all-round sculptor that Lunar Lakes had ever seen.  Marcelo said he would wait a lifetime to marry her, and Una leaped into his arms from joy.

Una’s lifetime wish was to become a zoologist. She bought Crater Lagoon, thinking it would be a good place to find birds, lizards, snakes, and turtles.

Although she hasn’t found anything there yet, one day she found a chameleon…

…and another day she found a crow. She set both of them free after examining them.

One day Una returned from delivering a sculpture to find her family in turmoil. Her mother Gloria had died at the age of 92. She had been painting at the time.

That evening Boris became a young man.

His graduation was a sad affair, as everyone felt Gloria’s loss keenly.

Boris signed up to become an organ donor and then went out to find a new girlfriend. He ended up with Chrissie Landgraab. After a whirlwind courtship, he proposed.

She agreed to marry him and moved into the household. She found a job at the Perigee Science Center, which was what she had always wanted to do.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »
Part One, Chapter Nine

Life is like a revolving door – people depart, people arrive. At the age of 95, Arthur Langerak left with the Grim Reaper.

Shortly after that, Chrissie began having a baby. Boris tried to help her.

So did Una.

The result was Carolyn, a friendly little genius.

She loves playing peek-a-boo, and the whole family loves the baby swing.

Carolyn has been quick to learn walking and potty-training. Here she is either discussing politics with her father or promising to always use the ladies’ restroom (“the one with the circle, honey”).

Meanwhile, Una has supermaxed sculpting and has reached level 9 of the sculpting career.

Making friends is a little more difficult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 03:07:55 PM »
It has been a busy few weeks for the Langeraks. Great update.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
Why's it that Boris looks A LOT like Goodwin with his Graduation Cap? Great update, tho.  :)

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
Maybe it's because his mother was Gloria Goode.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
Maybe it's because his mother was Gloria Goode.
True, but I've noticed majority of the 42 descendants in LL don't carry the genetics from the original matriarch/patriarch. To me, Gloria has Goodwin's haircolor. But the eyes, nose, haircolor, etc. makes Boris seem more of a carbon copy of Goodwin.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 01:37:38 PM »
Part One, Chapter Ten

For a while, things were peaceful at the Langerak household. Una took care of her birds. She set free a cockatoo…

…and managed to befriend a rare spotted sixam.

Carolyn added a new member to the family, her imaginary friend Patty.

They did almost everything together, playing hopscotch and giving each other hugs.

Patty also enjoyed playing with Una’s old rag doll.

Then one day without warning there was a Planetary Acceleration Transit-Changing Harmonic, causing chaos in Una’s small world. The snacks she’d fixed for her students weren’t accepted by the school even though they were perfectly fine and the school had requested them. Her fiancé Marcelo suddenly became an old man. And her brother Boris was falsely accused of being arrested, causing him to lose half his friendships. Would she and Marcelo ever be able to get married and have children? This was the question Una asked when she looked at Simhome.

loveSims

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 02:08:47 PM »
The last picture is so beautiful! :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »
I hope everything works out for Una.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
Part Two, Chapter One

It's always darkest before planetrise, Una's father Arthur always used to say. And it was true. Within a few days, Una completed her last ops and managed to marry Marcelo.

Una Langerak

Traits: good, artistic, loves the outdoors, savvy sculptor, friendly
Honor Roll: grade school, high school
Skill supermaxed: sculpting
Top of career: Master Sculptologist (level 10)
Black ops: Schoolyard Chums, Outside Reading, The Art-a-thon, Oh Scrap!, New Era Master Class, Extreme Digits, Help Art Student, School Snacks, Chaperone the Dance, Getting to Know...You
10 NPC friends: Julianne Blackman (repair tech), Allyson Holman (maid), Sam Markham (babysitter), Mitchell Kraft (newspaper deliverer), David Latham (firefighter), Jered Cohen (bouncer), Dominique McGill (pianist), Miriam Thibodeaux (mail carrier), Danielle Champion (mixologist), Sedrick Blocker (pizza deliverer)
10 Best friends: Marcelo James, Boris Langerak, Chrissie Langerak, Carolyn Langerak, Jax Benton, Eleanor Alto, Gloria Langerak, Patches Langerak, Simon Hart, Julianne Blackman
Building: Galactic Groceries
Property: Crater Lagoon (3)
Tombstone: Gloria Langerak
Collection: Birds -- $4609