Author Topic: The Langerak Lunatics, failed, move to graveyard  (Read 38371 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
The Langerak Lunatics, failed, move to graveyard
« on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »
LANGERAK LUNATICS

Part One, Chapter One

Arthur Langerak and his fiancée Gloria Goode lived in a house on the outpost of Simish civilization, Lunar Lakes.

Both had left the irresponsible days of young adulthood behind and had become mature adults without any troubling midlife crises. Arthur worked as a filing clerk in business; Gloria was studying to become a doctor and worked as an intern. Arthur hated being outside because the yellow dust triggered his allergies, but early every morning he would go out and play the guitar while the planet Simhome descended to the horizon. His ancestors came from a town there, Sunset Valley, while Gloria’s came from Twinbrook.

One morning while he was outside, the Watcher spoke to Arthur. “You’re living in a crater,” boomed the voice.

“No, actually I live on the plateau,” said Arthur. “Wait, who is this?”

“I am the Watcher, and I was speaking metaphorically. Day after day you sink deeper into the dust, trudging to a job you hate, working for a man you can’t stand. Day after day you put off getting married to the woman you love.”

“Actually, it’s Gloria who keeps putting off the wedding. She can’t decide whether she wants to get married in the Twinbrook park, or up by the pavilion, or maybe in the Nasca maze.”

“Arthur, you’re as bad as your ancestor Dustin. He could never decide whether he wanted to run a consignment shop or a stylist salon.”

“Wait, you knew my great-great-great-great grandfather Dustin?”

“I am the Watcher; I know everyone. And you left out a great, but that doesn’t matter. I have come to you for a Purpose.”

“Yes?” said Arthur nervously. “Do you think we could continue this conversation inside?”

“Vampires are coming to Lunar Lakes,” the Watcher intoned ominously. “Vampires and celebrities and paparazzi, but the vampires will be the worst. You, Arthur, will be my bulwark against them, you and your ten heirs.”

“Actually, even though Gloria would love to have children, I don’t think she’s up for ten.”

“Your child will be the first heir; his child will be the second, and so on. Each heir will reach the top of a different career and become a super expert in a different skill.”

Arthur coughed. “I’m not sure Gloria and I can afford a Tree of Prosperity.”

“The Watcher above Watchers hasn’t decided yet, but your heirs may have to forego the Tree of Prosperity. But let me continue. Each heir will complete ten different opportunities, unique to himself. The household of each heir will befriend ten different service people and have ten best friends. Each household will amass a unique collection of ten objects, and each heir will buy a building and upgrade a property.”

Arthur coughed again. “This dust really is getting to me…”

“Each heir will marry someone who lives in a house here on Lunar Lakes. This person may not be a vampire, and if there are any vampires in the house, they will have to move out. Each heir will have to be an adult, past the years of irresponsibility and not yet an elder. Each heir will have to leave behind the tombstone of someone who lived a full and happy life. Arthur, is your life full and happy?”

“It’s okay, I guess.”

The Watcher snorted. “That’s not going to be good enough. I suggest you quit this job you hate and become a musician.”

“I’d like to,” said Arthur, “but I don’t know if I can make enough money to pay the bills.”

“You are artistic and a virtuoso – you can make more money in tips than you could ever make in business.”

Arthur coughed. “If it weren’t for my allergies…”

“City Hall is installing a subway system even as we speak,” said the Watcher. “Good-bye.”

“But –“

“I am the Watcher. I have spoken.”

Arthur sighed. He had a dozen questions, but the Watcher was gone. Eyes streaming, he went back into the house. “Gloria,” he said, “we have to get married.”

“Oh, Arthur, you’re crying,” she said.

“Actually, it’s –“

“I guess if it means that much to you, we can do without a fancy wedding,” said Gloria. “We can get married right now, just the two of us.”

“And I was wondering if we could maybe have a baby?” said Arthur. “Because the Watcher –“

Gloria giggled. “That rhymes! Maybe and baby – get it?”

Arthur sighed. Much as he loved Gloria, there were times when her childishness got on his nerves.

“Well, come on,” she called from the top of the stairs. “I’m waiting.”

There was really no reason why Gloria had to know about the Watcher, Arthur decided. Later that day, he went to the theater and applied for a job in music. After that he took a class in charisma and picked up some sheet music at the bookstore.

Meanwhile, Gloria put on some make-up and added a little color to her hair. Even though the Goodes were noted for having white hair, she wanted this baby to be blonde. She got some new clothes, too.

A few days later, after Arthur had picked up a few thousand Simoleons playing for tips in the subway, Gloria took him to the park dedicated to Twinbrook. “I’ll give you three guesses,” she said.

The maternity clothes were a big clue, but Arthur knew he had to come up with two other guesses.

“Um, you’ve changed your favorite color to brown?” he said.

“Nooo,” she laughed.

“You got a promotion?”

Gloria shook her head emphatically. “Third and last guess,” she warned him.

“What if I get it wrong? Will you tell me?”

“Maybe,” she giggled. “And that’s a clue for you.”

“Maybe—baby,” said Arthur. “You’re going to have a baby!”

Part One, Chapter Two
Part One, Chapter Three
Part One, Chapter Four
Part One, Chapter Five
Part One, Chapter Six
Part One, Chapter Seven
Part One, Chapter Eight
Part One, Chapter Nine
Part One, Chapter Ten

Part Two, Chapter One
Part Two, Chapter Two
Part Two, Chapter Three
Part Two, Chapter Four
Part Two, Chapter Five
Part Two, Chapter Six
Part Two, Chapter Seven
Part Two, Chapter Eight
Part Two, Chapter Nine
Part Two, Chapter Ten
Part Two, Chapter Eleven
Part Two, Chapter Twelve
Part Two, Chapter Thirteen
Part Two, Chapter Fourteen

Part Three, Chapter One
Part Three, Chapter Two
Part Three, Chapter Three
Part Three, Chapter Four
Part Three, Chapter Five
Part Three, Chapter Seven
Part Three, Chapter Eight
Part Three, Chapter Nine
Part Three, Chapter Ten
Part Three, Chapter Eleven
Part Three, Chapter Twelve
Part Three, Chapter Thirteen
Part Three, Chapter Fourteen
Part Three, Chapter Fifteen

Part Four, Chapter One
Part Four, Chapter Two
Part Four, Chapter Three
Part Four, Chapter Four
Part Four, Chapter Five
Part Four, Chapter Six
Part Four, Chapter Seven
Part Four, Chapter Eight
Part Four, Chapter Nine
Part Four, Chapter Ten
Part Four, Chapter Eleven
Part Four, Chapter Twelve
Part Four, Chapter Thirteen
Part Four, Chapter Fourteen
Part Four, Chapter Fifteen
Part Four, Chapter Sixteen
Part Four, Chapter Seventeen
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Langerak Lunatics
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
Very good! I can't wait for the next update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

Re: The Langerak Lunatics
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »
Awesome start! The pictures are beautiful. :)

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
Loved it!  Very funny and excellent writing. 

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
This is so good. I get to meet the residents of Lunar Lakes without buying it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »
Part One, Chapter Two

And it came to pass that…No, scratch that.

Following the instructions in her LaSim Birthing class, Gloria went into the garden, clutched her belly, panted, and crossed her eyes. Arthur was supposed to join her and jump up and down and scream, but he stayed inside because of his allergies.

It must have worked because after a few minutes (“Excruciating minutes,” says Gloria. “And it was more like a couple of hours”), Una Langerak joined the family.

“Una?” said Gloria. “You named her after a number?”

“It will help us keep track,” Arthur explained.

“JUST HOW MANY BABIES DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HAVE?”

Arthur calmed Gloria down by serenading her with the guitar.

The next morning at sunrise, the Watcher decided to check in on the family.

“WATCHER! What’s with the lime green? Is this your idea of a joke? I definitely requested Irish green!”

“Hush, little one. You remind me of someone else I used to know. There, is that better?”

“Much better. But if you think I’m going to marry Christopher Steel with his lime-green fetish, and start an Immortal Dynasty, you’ve got another think coming.”

“Ssh, ssh. You can’t marry Christopher Steel because he’s on a different world, and besides, he lived a long time ago. You’re living in the Space Age, darling, on Lunar Lakes. But you are the founder of a very special dynasty, a Townie decaDynasty.”

“I don’t like the sound of that.”

“Now don’t worry about anything, I explained it all to your Dad. But there’s one thing I forgot to mention – you’ll have to make the honor roll in grade school and high school.”

“No way, Jose. Find someone else to be your founder. Or wait – can you make a few changes in my mother? Like you did on my crib? Because she’s definitely weird.”

“I’ll see what I can do. But in order for her to change, she’s going to have to want to change.”

“That sounds like a cop-out to me.”

“Hush now. A few days have passed, and it’s time for your birthday.”

“I want Irish green.”

“No, that’s too heavy for a little girl. Let’s go with moss.”

Una Langerak

Traits: good, artistic, loves the outdoors, savvy sculptor, friendly
Honor Roll: grade school, high school
Skill supermaxed: sculpting
Top of career: Master Sculptologist (level 10)
Black ops: Schoolyard Chums, Outside Reading, The Art-a-thon, Oh Scrap!, New Era Master Class, Extreme Digits, Help Art Student, School Snacks, Chaperone the Dance
10 NPC friends: Julianne Blackman (repair tech), Allyson Holman (maid), Sam Markham (babysitter), Mitchell Kraft (newspaper deliverer), David Latham (firefighter), Jered Cohen (bouncer), Dominique McGill (pianist), Miriam Thibodeaux (mail carrier)
10 Best friends: Marcelo James, Boris Langerak, Chrissie Langerak, Carolyn Langerak, Jax Benton, Eleanor Alto, Gloria Langerak, Patches Langerak
Building: Galactic Groceries
Property: Crater Lagoon (3)
Tombstone: Gloria Langerak
Collection: Birds

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Langerak Lunatics
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
Another great update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »
Una doesn't look like most Sim toddlers and I mean that in a good way it is nice that she is unique. Does she look like either of her parents.

Rachel

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »
I think she looks more like Arthur, but she might have inherited her mother's nose; too soon to tell about the mouth. If she looks different, it might be because she's a mix of Sunset Valley and Twinbrook genes.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
Part One, Chapter Three

WARNING: Excessive toddler cuteness ahead.

When two Sim parents both want another baby and both want a baby boy, you can bet there will be another pregnancy.

“They can do space travel, but there’s still no cure for this?” says Gloria. Once again she went through the belly-clutching, eye-crossing routine; this time she had help from Aleksey, the maid.

Meanwhile, Una was learning how to walk…

…and talk (“Can you say ‘Go llamas!’?”).

She read books with her daddy…

…and played dollhouse with her mommy.

After Boris was born, Gloria took him out for a walk in the stroller, which had been designed by the same team who worked on the rocket ship and was capable of withstanding a collision with a speeding fire engine.

After Boris’s walk, it was Una’s turn.

Finally, the day came when Boris joined the ranks of toddlers.

After he got dressed in something brown…

…he went to play blocks with his big sister.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
Why hello there little Boris.  It is surprising how many decadynasty pregnancies come about because of LTH points.

Rachel

loveSims

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 06:56:36 PM »
The nooboos are so cute. Great update!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »
Awesome story so far!  The toddlers are so cute, but I think you're going to have your hands full with Una.  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
Part One, Chapter Four

Una was worried about starting school. Daddy had said, “You’re going to make the honor roll, aren’t you, sweetie.” It was the same voice in which he said, “Time for bed,” and “Put your toys away,” so she knew he meant business, but she didn’t know what an honor was or how you made it roll around. Then Mom had said, “Honey, it’s not that big a deal,” but Daddy had given her a look, so Mom had sat down and explained some of the things she would encounter at school. By the time she had finished telling her about square roots, Una was thoroughly confused.

Arriving at school the next morning hadn’t made her feel any better. Una knew that people went in and out of the big buildings all the time; even so, they were a little scary.

She let the other kids go ahead, but she couldn’t delay much longer. Suddenly she had a comforting thought – if she totally dissolved in the blue mist then she wouldn’t have to deal with square roots.

The blue mist didn’t dissolve her, however. It was rather pleasant, making her feel calm but alert and eager to learn. Unfortunately, the effects of the mist wore off before she finished her homework.

Outside she could hear Boris, playing on the rocket rider with Daddy. She really wished she could go back to being a toddler again, without any responsibilities like homework.

But gradually Una learned there were advantages to being a kid. She could play at a friend’s house and ride her bike home all by herself.

And sometimes at school they went on field trips. On the bus, Una sat next to the soldier who would be leading the tour. His name was Michael Tomyoy, and he was very nice.

They went to the Moon’s Shadow Graveyard, and this time Una felt quite brave about going through the blue mist.

She came home with a picture, not of their graveyard, but of the one in Sunset Valley. She could stare at it for hours, thinking about how she lived on the moon in the picture, while all the people lived on the planet that she could see if she got up early in the morning.

One day, Boris was ready to go to school with her.

By now, Una knew that the honor roll was something you got on when you got straight A’s. She also knew that the reason she had to make the honor roll was that she was the heir who was going to help defeat the vampires. “Someday I’ll be Queen of the Moon!” she announced triumphantly.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
Poor Una school can be scary.

Rachel

anything