Author Topic: Every Lifetime Wish  (Read 9362 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: Every Lifetime Wish
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:30 PM »
I'm having fun so far.  I finished Animal Rescuer in one day.  Then I edited my sim in CAH to change her LTW to Ark Builder.  She completed that wish in two days, but it didn't trigger a message, I'm guessing because it was greyed out the whole time, as if already completed.  So I just cheated to give myself the happiness points.  How are you handling this?  If it's through mod use just let me know, but I'm not going to use mods...only curious of how you get the message to pop up everytime.

I am using the Master Controller mod by twallan to change/refresh the LTW.  Cheating and giving yourself the happiness points is fine since it doesn't work any other way.  As of now I don't think there is any way of refreshing the LTW aside from mods.  (I just looked it up, and couldn't find anywhere that said there was). Sorry about that.

glad you are having fun!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 08:08:54 AM »
cndeh-
I just noticed that your calculations for determining days is incorrect.  Week 1, day 1 is really Day 1, but with your example in the rules it would translate to day 8.  So i'm thinking it should be more like this:
example:  Week 3, Day 4 = 2 full weeks (14 days) + 4 days = 18 days.
Pretty much you have to subtract one from whatever week it is and multiply that answer by 7.  Then you take that and add the extra days to it.
I just wanted to let you know because maybe you've finished your wishes a lot faster than you think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »
cndeh-
I just noticed that your calculations for determining days is incorrect.  Week 1, day 1 is really Day 1, but with your example in the rules it would translate to day 8.  So i'm thinking it should be more like this:
example:  Week 3, Day 4 = 2 full weeks (14 days) + 4 days = 18 days.
Pretty much you have to subtract one from whatever week it is and multiply that answer by 7.  Then you take that and add the extra days to it.
I just wanted to let you know because maybe you've finished your wishes a lot faster than you think.

oh snap... :-[

silly calculations.  You're right that does make sense.  I'll go back and double check them all.  Ugh.

Thanks for pointing this out.

:D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 05:25:11 PM »
I knew I had seen someone doing this one somewhere! I'm planning on doing my own one too. Let us know any tips or problems you run into for each one. There are a lot I have never done before. Some I know seem to take forever (firefighter one).

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 12:32:45 PM »
This was interesting enough I actually went to your blog!  Love what you are doing. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 12:16:44 AM »
This was interesting enough I actually went to your blog!  Love what you are doing.

Thanks!  It was put on a slight hold thanks to Attack of the Clone challenge and Show Time being released.  But I will get back on to it, since I can then cover Show Time LTW as well as everything else!

Thanks for reading!

:)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 04:43:43 AM »
Ooh I've totally bookmarked your blog for this one! Awesomeness!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »
thanks everyone for your interest!  I've started it up again after a somewhat extended pause.  I've added a few wishes I've completed already and now working on Distinguished Director (using twallan's traveller mod... we'll see how that goes)

I've never done the directors career, any suggestions?

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Every Lifetime Wish
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »
I've started this challenge but I'm doing it more like a legacy. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the good idea!

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »
I've started this challenge but I'm doing it more like a legacy. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the good idea!

A legacy sounds interesting, each generation has a new life time wish? or each member of the family?  how are you working it in a legacy situation?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Every Lifetime Wish
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 10:28:31 PM »
A legacy sounds interesting, each generation has a new life time wish? or each member of the family?  how are you working it in a legacy situation?

I'm starting with a couple on the legacy lot. Each one will have a lifetime wish...in alpha order. If the next generation spouse already has a lifetime wish I'll let him/her go with it and still count it. If it's already been done it won't count. I'm using Naga's Sunset Valley so all the careers will be there. No story though. Too many meds and not enough patience. LOL

Edit: of course, the heir will always take the next lifetime wish.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Every Lifetime Wish
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »
I think I've found the perfect house plan for this challenge. I just hope I can figure out how to build it.

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
Hey this sounds really interesting! Good luck with all of those Lifetime Wishes! ;) You should definitely do a legacy, if you aren't doing one now. It takes awhile, but I feel like its very rewarding. But be ready to get kinda stressed out xD Anyways, again good luck and happy Simming! Bookmark!

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »
Hey this sounds really interesting! Good luck with all of those Lifetime Wishes! ;) You should definitely do a legacy, if you aren't doing one now. It takes awhile, but I feel like its very rewarding. But be ready to get kinda stressed out xD Anyways, again good luck and happy Simming! Bookmark!

Thanks for digging this up and dusting it off for me!  I think I might start it up again but in a legacy household type deal, every kid has a different LTW, or something like that.  My one sim got as far as the firefighting career and I almost killed myself it was so tedious.... she never got any missions to save anyone!  :D

:D