Author Topic: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes  (Read 75171 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
My one true complaint about this town is that it is a lot like Bridgeport in the way that most of the homes are only 1 bedroom.   I wonder how difficult this will make things for future generations.

I have to agree with that. Especially since the houses in this town are so different, and not many people would be able to match the style as well as a more traditional house.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
My one true complaint about this town is that it is a lot like Bridgeport in the way that most of the homes are only 1 bedroom.

Not sure if you've noticed, but most towns seem to just adore the 1 bedroom 1 bathroom uber-mansions as their default housing styles.  It's an EA thing.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #242 on: February 29, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »
Alright, so I think this goes here, but I'm not quite sure. I bought Lunar Lakes not too long ago, more for the items than anything else, and have placed the Tree of Prosperity on my home lot. However, I cannot harvest the fruit from the tree. I click the interaction "Pick Fruit" and my sims will walk up to the tree, stop, and the action will disappear. Any ideas on what is wrong?
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #243 on: February 29, 2012, 02:07:05 PM »
Alright, so I think this goes here, but I'm not quite sure. I bought Lunar Lakes not too long ago, more for the items than anything else, and have placed the Tree of Prosperity on my home lot. However, I cannot harvest the fruit from the tree. I click the interaction "Pick Fruit" and my sims will walk up to the tree, stop, and the action will disappear. Any ideas on what is wrong?

This keeps happening to me too! It's really annoying :(

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #244 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
DeNile; basic question, have you tried deleting the tree and buying a new one? Try this multiple times (use [moveobjects on] in case the tree gets stuck) because this is really the only fix I am aware of for this common bug that has affected many people, me included. For more information, please consult this thread on the official thesims3.com forums.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #245 on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »
I tried Lunar lakes and find it to be a boring town. However, I have placed the tree in the town I play and have no problem with it.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #246 on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »
Some people are experiencing glitches with the Tree. I haven't tried it myself, but I've read on it. The biggest suggestion I've seen is to make sure you're full of energy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:05 PM »
Never had glitches with the tree. In which town are you having glitches? In Bridgeport, I've had no problem.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #248 on: February 29, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
Personally, I am not having glitches. I read it on other Sim forums. I tend to over research everything before I install it. Some people were having issues getting it to work inside Lunar Lakes. I haven't found a solution though.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #249 on: February 29, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »
The tree of prosperity tends to get stuck in the blue phase ( I think it's fruit of the mind) so when you go to pick the fruit, the action cancels because it's glitched out.  Don't delete the tree - it will continue to use resources in your game in the background.  Use moveObjects cheat code and sell it. 

I think I've had two separate game files glitch out possibly due to the tree.  I'm doing some testing to find out.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: February 29, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
In all colors, I have never had a problem. BUT, I don't play Lunar Lakes. I don't like it much. However, in <brigeport, it works fine.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #251 on: February 29, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »
I've had this problem in every town with the tree, where it gets stuck.  It happened in LL, BP, SV, TB, HS and BB. 

The reason I did this was to see if it would happen in each town to see if it was just LL and HS but it turned out to just be the tree.  This generally happens not when you choose what fruit it will be but when it changes  on it's own and then you pick the fruit.  It just won't go back to it's neutral state after the fruit has been eaten and therefore gets stuck.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #252 on: February 29, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »
It was in SV, as that's where my main save file is. Bought and sold about a dozen of them, each and everyone got stuck and couldn't be picked. Might try a different save file at some point. Until then, I figure I might as well give up. Which sucks, because that was what I bought Lunar Lakes for.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: February 29, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
I've had a tree stick a few times - my Sim goes through the motions of picking the fruit, but the tree remains as it was and there is no message to say they gained any skill. I've found that if I leave it be for a few hours (it might be it's cycle of 4 hours) it tends to right itself. I've only had the problem a couple of times though.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

macphile

« Reply #254 on: March 03, 2012, 11:43:40 PM »
My tree just glitched. I deleted it with moveobjects. It was stuck for days.

Otherwise, LL is going well for me. I snagged a junkyard from the exchange because I don't know how to build with spawners. My family's starter house is now a pretty crazy-looking structure as I've added on to it. I really like more traditional interior design, though, and the neighborhood really needs modern. I like the trees but wish there were alien plants, too.