Author Topic: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes  (Read 75170 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
Lunar Lakes is on sale for 2,200 SimPoints (down from 2,450) until February 27, 2012.  Click here.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2012, 09:21:24 PM »
Yay, finally got the Fruit of Abundance.
It is really random. I had a test file with a heap of trees and let it run for 4 Sim weeks and no yellow tree. So I gave up and started playing a fun game and bought my Sims a tree. So they have been picking the fruit sometimes and sometimes they wait for it to change colour and what happens, I look up and it's yellow!
My Sim picked the fruit and got just over 2 points of fishing skill. I did notice that the fruit part of the tree was green, so maybe that has to do with what skill they get. Maybe I should have let it go for a little to see if the fruit changed cloour, but I was so excited to see the yelow, I just rushed to pick it.
Here are a couple of picks to show the shape from the side and from above.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2012, 06:32:15 AM »
I don't think the Fruit of Abundance has anything to do with fertility (but I could be wrong) I think it just gives you the chance to gain skill points in all of the skills plus a few you can't get by eating the other fruits.
I've just finished a test where I had my Sim gain skill points by just eating the fruit from the tree. When he ate a fruit, it gave him one of the skills from that set (as listed before) If any of the skills in that set were maxed, it just gave the skills he needed eg when he had maxed cooking and ate from the Fruit of Harvest, he only got fishing or gardening. And when he had maxed all of those skills, there was no effect when he ate the Fruit of Harvest after that.
By maxing all these skills (he had 35 trees to pick) when a yellow tree did appear, there were less options for what skills he would gain. Eventually when eating the Fruit of Abundance, he gained  points in Mixology, Nectar Making, Piano, Drums and Bass.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
I don't think the Fruit of Abundance has anything to do with fertility (but I could be wrong) I think it just gives you the chance to gain skill points in all of the skills plus a few you can't get by eating the other fruits.
I've just finished a test where I had my Sim gain skill points by just eating the fruit from the tree. When he ate a fruit, it gave him one of the skills from that set (as listed before) If any of the skills in that set were maxed, it just gave the skills he needed eg when he had maxed cooking and ate from the Fruit of Harvest, he only got fishing or gardening. And when he had maxed all of those skills, there was no effect when he ate the Fruit of Harvest after that.
By maxing all these skills (he had 35 trees to pick) when a yellow tree did appear, there were less options for what skills he would gain. Eventually when eating the Fruit of Abundance, he gained  points in Mixology, Nectar Making, Piano, Drums and Bass.

Sorry, I was playing rather than checking the forum so I didn't see the question about how long I left it until now! I'm not sure there was any pattern about leaving it longer that made it turn yellow, it just seems to happen occasionally.

I was going to ask if anyone had Nectar Making turn up, since Martial Arts and Photography showed up for me but I hadn't seen it yet.

The only other thing I've noticed is that it's a boost to skills rather than a point each time, which might explain why it's sometimes a couple of points. At L9 of fishing I had a fishing increase (from green) but it was a lot less than a full point.

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:16 AM »
Thanks Pam  ;D[quote author=Pam
Lunar Lakes is on sale for 2,200 SimPoints (down from 2,450) until February 27, 2012. 
I might be able to get it before pay day  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2012, 10:21:26 AM »
I read on the official forum that the Tree of Abundance appears between 1 and 3 a.m., which seems to be about the time I got it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
I have gotten invention, fishing, gardening and cooking. Guess, the triplets were just a coincidence. Trashed the game because during their B-day party 2 cakes cought on fire and my sim burned to death.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »
Oh guess that was one hot ,smoken party lol

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
Has anyone found where in the buy mode the crystals are?

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
Has anyone found where in the buy mode the crystals are?

They're supposed to be in Decor, but I can't confirm as I only just got the town. Might have to do a Store Content Filter to find it.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
Do you mean the tree of prosperity? It's in the decor/statues.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »
Do you mean the tree of prosperity? It's in the decor/statues.

No, the crystals. If you go to the LL page in the store there is a scrolling list of what is included. There are different forms of crystals and so far I haven't been able to find them.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »
No one has been able to find them, and some people on the official forum are cross about it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »
No, the crystals. If you go to the LL page in the store there is a scrolling list of what is included. There are different forms of crystals and so far I haven't been able to find them.

Have you looked in buydebug?

I've downloaded Lunar Lakes today and I love it. It's very well done and the landscape is astonishing. In my opinion, this is truly the best world EA has created for The Sims 3. My only complaint is that the tree of prosperity is not working properly; I can't harvest its fruits. Is anyone having this problem?

I've taken some screenshots if you're interested, -

This one has reminded me of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend.

That's some really neat terrain work.

I was a little surprised to discover that it is possible to fish here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
yep,wednesday21. I've looked in buydebug, in buy categories, decor, in build categories rocks, checked through just about anything I could think of, even lawn decor.  No luck so far.  I used the filter content for store items also.

anything