Author Topic: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes  (Read 75236 times)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
Re: New World Coming To The Store
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »
Looks pretty cool. :D
I see they are finally putting those fantasy trees to work. :P
Also does anyone notice (In RunAmokSims' link) that unfurnished building with the mountain coming through it? Looks really odd to me. :P
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »
I thought the name was going to be Aurora Terra but Lunar Lakes is fine too.

Not excited about this as there will probably not be anything innovative or groundbreaking. I'll have a pass on this. Still hoping for aliens/E.T. in a future EP.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 10:46:05 PM »
We shouldn't expect any kind of new game play from a new town.  It's only the Expansion Packs that introduce new aspects of the game.  The new towns just give us someplace different to play.  Different scenery, different Sims, sometimes new objects.  But not game play. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 11:02:44 PM »
We shouldn't expect any kind of new game play from a new town.  It's only the Expansion Packs that introduce new aspects of the game.  The new towns just give us someplace different to play.  Different scenery, different Sims, sometimes new objects.  But not game play.

Thanks Pam, that's exactly how I feel about the issue.  :)

I might get this if it includes new world objects.  I enjoy messing around with things like that.

Since Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay have both included extra clothes and furniture, I think it's reasonable to expect the same from Lunar Lakes. Personally I'm hoping for some cute retro-futuristic items, a bit like the space sets from The Sims 2 Pets.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »
Well I know I got my alarm set to get up in time for Tuesday's walkthrough.  Once I save up the cash to buy the simpoints, I'll probably get this...maybe. 

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »
I am looking forward to this world myself. I really love and enjoy playing Strangertown, so I am on board. I really love the logo and the town theme too. I love the different unrealistic themes of the worlds. It makes the game more imaginable, that way.  :)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »

I realize substantial new game play doesn't come with a new world but when EA was polling the community about a name for the world they said

"What would you name this World? "Stranded on an alien world your Sims must utilize the power of science to thrive create a utopian civilization!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »
The Sims 3 Russia has revealed 2 new pictures of this town. Go here and change the language to Russian to see the full thread.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
Presently it doesn't excite me. Not much into aliens. One reason I didn't put Hidden springs on my new computer is that I don't like the weird skin colors. So, with this town we'll have little green sims. What does that do? You get ugly slugs for kids? Unless they add something interesting to the town that can be used elsewhere, I'll pass!

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 02:29:49 PM »
I love fantasy Sims. It makes the game more what it's about, escaping real life. I will be totally on board with this and I'm very excited about this new world. The unrealistic, fanciful themes, are my favorite thing about the Sims Series. I'm sure If I buy this, I will enjoy this as much as I enjoy Hidden Springs, Union Cove, Appaloosa Planes, and Barnacle Bay.

This town is highly up my alley, as was Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay. Sunset Valley, is really boring and gets really old after a certain period of time to me. It doesn't have a real theme to it, or interesting situations, like Pleasantview. Riverview is great too, since it has a bit more of a theme, and more unique premade Sims with interesting more detailed storylines. I like when EA provides worlds with themes, and uniqueness.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »
It does look very awesome!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
This world is winning me over far more than Barnacle Bay or Hidden Springs. It's partly liking having a variety of views and types of world, and partly just my inner geek I think. I agree that an alien EP would be amazing, too, but for now I'll settle for a world.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 08:47:39 AM »
Actually those two new pictures don't do it for me. Almost put me off as I feel that EA could have done better than that, it looks a bit amateur to me, messy almost. I don't know though, I could just be being critical and it's only two areas of the place.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »
Actually those two new pictures don't do it for me. Almost put me off as I feel that EA could have done better than that, it looks a bit amateur to me, messy almost. I don't know though, I could just be being critical and it's only two areas of the place.

I hate to be negative, but I think I have to agree with you there. Hopefully the pictures were taken with a low graphics resolution or are just plain unflattering, because the terrain paint seems blocky and those luminescent rocks look like part of a mouthwash commercial. Since I really want to like this world, I guess I'll reserve my judgement until more screenshots are released.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »
I hate to be negative, but I think I have to agree with you there. Hopefully the pictures were taken with a low graphics resolution or are just plain unflattering, because the terrain paint seems blocky and those luminescent rocks look like part of a mouthwash commercial. Since I really want to like this world, I guess I'll reserve my judgement until more screenshots are released.

Or it might not even eb finished yet and those could be 'This is a general idea of what it will look like' pics. Although if it is set at that as a finished project it seriously is not up to standard with the other worlds in my opinion. I'll reserve complete judgement till we know more though like you.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]