Author Topic: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes  (Read 75138 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »
I just finished watching the Live Broadcast . They said it was coming out this Thursday , February 16th at the Sims Store and it will cost 2400 simspoints

I watched it too. What did you think?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »
I just watched the live broadcast. It's post-Strangetown, and one of the residents is Noelle Specter, descendant of Olivia. No aliens.

The rabbitholes are all portals with blue light, except for the Science Center, which is built around the rocket ship. The domes are all parks, each in memory of previous towns (Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, etc.) The only new content is a crystal tree that's pretty cool. There's some new furniture and new clothing.

It's nice to look at, but I plan to wait a bit. Right now, I'm looking forward more to Showtime.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
The last pics look cool, I have to admit. But I agree with samoht, EA could have done more and better considering all the tools and experience they have. I'm not sure if it's fair to ask new CAW tools or build mode options from a world though. In the end it's just that - a world, not an EP or SP.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 02:42:50 PM »
This world sounds fun, but 2400 simpoints is a lot. Hopefully it will be reduced to begin with like Hidden Springs.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
I wasn't asking for new CAW or build tools? I said that they have access and the ability to make all the tools they want really and to use those to make something breath taking.

Although if they finally finished with CAW and perfected it that wouldn't go wanted. ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Frey

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »
Sorry, samoht, I didn't mean you had said it  :).  I read someone above saying something like that - or maybe it was at another forum?

Of course new building tools and stuff would be awsome though  ;).

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »
IF, they are ready to reveal something new and spectacular, I'll pass. I bought Hidden Springs and was disappointed. I bought Riverview and was disappinted.
The best world I've seen is Union Cove; and I have a soft heart for Bridgeport (memories of days long gone).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
Riverview was free as soon as you registered the base game.  I'm still on the bridge about this town though.   I do enjoy different backgrounds for my stories.  I guess I have a few days to figure out if I have to have it or if it can wait.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »

That's a new dome at least:  the one that comes with the base game is solid on the inside, and the only way to gain access to the inside of the one from Late Night is by making an underground access point with a basement section and two sets of stairs.  I know because I'm using the Late Night one as a house.  Not sure I like this particular dome style with the door at ground level because it's easier to restrict paparazzi access to the Late Night one.

OMG!  I've already got these trees!!  I did a digital install of my base game and they were included with the download!

Well, unless they show me something else that I don't have, I'm back to being on the fence about this town...
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »
They are going to have to have something besides trees I can already use, etc. to get me to buy this world. I bought Hidden springs due to the "Fountain", only to find it created havoc in my game; besides you can be "forever young" if you can make the young again potion.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »
After having seen these new pictures, I think the new town looks fabulous.  I'm sure I'll buy it when I have some spare SimPoints. 

I have to admit that I don't really understand the complaints I'm reading.  EA isn't promising anything except a new town to play.  Why would anyone expect anything more?  And if it doesn't appeal to you, then don't buy it.  Nobody's twisting arms around here.    :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
I have to admit that I don't really understand the complaints I'm reading.  EA isn't promising anything except a new town to play.  Why would anyone expect anything more?  And if it doesn't appeal to you, then don't buy it.  Nobody's twisting arms around here.    :)

Too true. its not like Riverview, Barnacle Bay or Hidden Springs came with anything amazing, just a new EA town.  However if you build your own world or use the forums world then you might not need to buy this world.  I personally am already trying to sweet talk my man to get it for me (he's the one with the EA account). 

:)

Offline iCastl

• Queen of the Wild things
  • Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
I scanned by the posts and didn't see any link to live chat, so for those that are interested you can watch the Lunar Lakes live chat here.

Its a lady from EA playing the town, exploring it and telling us more about it. They also answer a few questions.
Sometimes love is not enough and road gets tough I don't know why.

Frey

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »
Well, I personally don't see the comments above as complaints. I think they are just comments about whether we like the world (or what we've seen so far) or not.

I have to say though, I bought Barnacle Bay and I was very disappointed: the world is cool, yes, but everytime I try to play in it I get even more bugs than when playing in Sunset Valley or Riverview, and nobody wants that. Same with Appaloosa, but at least that one is rather new and should (hopefully) be fixed eventually. That's one of my main apprehensions about buying more worlds or not.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »
You know, I wonder if those domes will be hard on graphics cards.

anything