Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 363048 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 5, Chapter 84 - Halfway Point!
« Reply #360 on: August 15, 2012, 04:16:05 PM »
A great big congratulations for making it to the halfway point. I most certainly will be sticking around for the second half.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #361 on: August 15, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »
Congratulations on making it halfway! That house looks like its in desperate need of an Extreme Makeover: CrumpleSteel Edition.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
Congrats on your fifth move! I really hope you can complete this!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Interlude 1 - Halfway Point!
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »
Thanks everyone for the support!

Interlude One: Washing Machine Rocket Ship

Sunset Valley. The CrumpleSteels have been here five generations now. Six if you include Agnes and Chris. We certainly would, but then... we may be biased.

But things are changing.

Lerxa finds herself running, running up a hill she's never been up before despite living in Sunset Valley all her life. She doesn't even know where she's going, or why she's going this way, but there's a mysterious force pulling her towards that hill. It's not so mysterious to us, as we're the mysterious force, but shh.

She's running away, that's all she knows. She needs to run away. Sunset Valley is becoming unstable, and the only way Lexa and her husband can survive is to leave. Sometimes, the whole world seems to judder to a halt for a second, as if the clocks have momentarily stopped ticking. Others, it goes black. Not the black of a night, the black of something altogether more sinster. It's just for a second, but it's enough. Sims are scared. Sims are leaving.

A figure stands at the top of the hill, shouting to Lexa to run faster. Kelsey, her sister. She stands next to what appears to be a pile of discarded furniture.

Lexa is directed by Kelsey to sit on a cow-print sofa, backed up against two washing machines. It's an odd pile. Kelsey is pressing buttons, and Lexa's telling her they need to get out of Sunset Valley.

"We are," responds Kelsey.

Lexa wants to protest, wants to point out that all she is doing is sitting on a outdated sofa while her sister fiddles with a pair of old washing machines. She wants to leap up and keep running. Maybe she could get to Twinbrook or somewhere by running over the mountains. But something makes her stay put. That same force which propelled her up the hill is holding her down. Kelsey stands up, finished, although Lexa has no idea what she's just done.

"Goodbye, sis."

Lexa has no chance to respond.

She's gone.

"I know you're watching me!" shouts Kelsey into the wind. Does she mean us? I'd hope not. We've been trying to save the family. Although from the netherworld we don't have all that much power, we've got Anais, Eugenia and Tommy to safety in Starlight Shores, and even got Louie there for Anais to finally marry. That took us some work. Maybe she's seen whatever it is causing this trouble.

But then, her own transport arrives. She's more prepared than Lexa.

The last CrumpleSteel leaves Sunset Valley, and we are forced to leave too. We can only stay while the bloodline does.

We follow Lexa. We're tied to her, as we are to each first-born for some while longer. She arrives where and when she's intended to, which we're pleasantly surprised about. Where she's left the washing machines, we have no idea, but that's probably for the best. They probably shouldn't fall into the wrong hands.

"Where on Earth am I?!" Lexa shouts, seemingly at nobody.

You're not on Earth anymore love. Welcome to Lunar Lakes. Maybe we're far enough away to be safe.

Author's Note:

For those who are interested, Kelsey's adventures will continue here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Interlude One - Halfway Point!
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »
Kelsey was sane the whole time!  :o

Is Anais going to be having any adventures?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #365 on: August 16, 2012, 03:37:04 AM »
I can't wait to learn about Lexa's adventures in Lunar Lakes! I'll be reading Kelsey's adventures for sure.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Panda

« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2012, 04:07:31 AM »
Loving your DecaDynasty

Will definitely be reading Kelsey's spin off stories and cant wait till the next update

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »
Kelsey was sane the whole time!  :o

Is Anais going to be having any adventures?

I hadn't really thought about that! It's possible though, I'd quite like to see how Tommy grows up. Kelsey may have managed to get Lexa to ride a washing machine to the moon, but I'm still not sure I'd call her sane, haha.

I can't wait to learn about Lexa's adventures in Lunar Lakes! I'll be reading Kelsey's adventures for sure.

Loving your DecaDynasty

Will definitely be reading Kelsey's spin off stories and cant wait till the next update

Thanks, both of you! Kelsey will be pleased :)

Just wanted to share this photo of generations 1 to 5. From left to right, is Sam (gen 1), Abbie (gen 2), Hazel (gen 3), Lexa (gen 5) and Ben (gen 4).

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »
Interlude Two: The Netherworld

Hazel: Come on, you lot! There's things we need to be discussing.

Sam: We're in the netherworld. We've got all the time in the world. Can't I finish this glass of nectar before you make me do anything?

Hazel: Sorry Sam, I know we used to think time flowed differently here, but Agent BlackWidow and Agent MrHighlyDesirable have found differently. They've got some new intelligence we need to discuss.

Sam: We though time flows differently here? What agents? I've never heard of them.

Hazel: Yes, Sam. Give me the rest of that bottle now, you clearly don't need any more nectar. And you have heard of them, you saw them only yesterday.

Hazel: Ben! Get your nose out of that book, too!

Ben: But... but... new books!

Hazel: This'll only take five minutes. Then you can read your precious books and Sam can have his nectar bottle back.

Sam: It's okay, I have another one under the bar.

Hazel: Put it away! Where's Abbie, anyway?

Abbie: Just making some waffles. Who's for a plate?

Ben, Sam: Meee!

Abbie: So what's the deal?

Hazel: Well, we've got some decisions to make...

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Interlude Two - Halfway Point!
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »
I am thoroughly intrigued by these recent developments! Good luck with the second half of the dynasty!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Chapter 84
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2012, 07:06:11 PM »
Thanks Raia!

First Impressions Count

Lexa, Roderick and I would like to welcome you to Lunar Lakes.

This is the house we're going to be living in. It's one of the ones that's empty at the start of the game (obviously), and it's up in one of the craters. Which I didn't really think through properly, as it takes aaaagggeeees to get anywhere.

Lexa isn't impressed.

Lexa: How do you expect me to live here? It's all old and fusty and small and...

You're not a snob, are you?

Lexa: No, but I'm the Empress of Evil! I deserve better! And less floral.

Floral patterns aren't very evil, no, I get your point. I'll redecorate, while you get moving on the baby bit.

That hardly took much persuading.

I gave Roderick his makeover before letting them Try for Baby, though. Otherwise, knowing my luck, the baby would have been born with grey hair. And that would be unfortunate.

Roderick's LTW is to be a Five Star Chef, so I send him to the Diner in order to get a job. I don't know if he'll have chance to complete it; I'll probably change it to Culinery Librarian or something when he has the points. But it's useful to have a cook in the family, seeing as Lexa's banned from cooking as it was Abbie's supermax. He's got some fairly decent traits actually.

Lexa: Excuse me. Less of the focus on him, and more on me. I'm the heir.

Not for that much longer.

Some neighbours arrive to welcome Lexa and Roderick to the neighbourhood. As you can see, Lexa and Theo Cardamon are getting on great already.

Theo: Oh, you're evil.

Lexa: Ewww! He's GOOD!

Maybe it's better you stick to blowing yourself up, instead, while Roderick schmoozes Theo, as he's his boss anyway.

Lexa: I hate you Roderick! I knew you were a rubbish cook!

Couldn't it be something to do with that whole Try for Baby thing this morning?

Lexa: No. Something as puny as a baby could not make the almighty Lexa CrumpleSteel ill.

Except for it just did.

Roderick: It's okay, it's just hormones.

No, she really is this big-headed. It's the one bit of being evil she's actually any good at.

Lexa: Wow. Why is everyone round here so good, family oriented and cowardly? Where are all the cool evil people hanging out?

Lexa: Aha! My minion! It's growing!

It. Minion. Oh dear me. And yes, I haven't put a table in yet so Roderick has to eat his breakfast on the side of the bath.

Lexa: Mwahaha! Mwahaha! Mwahahahahaha!

Roderick: Did you say something dear?

Lexa: Oh, just that I'm going to finally take over the world.

Roderick sensibly escapes to the library to read cookbooks.

Lexa, meanwhile, does chemistry.

Lexa: Lexa is, in fact, doing evil genius chemistry.

The watcher thinks Lexa shouldn't refer to herself in the third person.

Lexa: Lexa will do what she likes.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Chapter 84
« Reply #371 on: August 17, 2012, 08:29:54 AM »
Great update! Can't wait to meet the minion- I mean nooboo!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Chapter 86
« Reply #372 on: August 17, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »
The Baker's Dozen

It's party time at the Cardamon house, and Roderick is invited. Typically, he makes best friends with his boss and then Theo retires a day later. Well that was a waste.

Lexa finally manages to find someone who her relationship bar doesn't go immediately into the red with. Trenton Alto can't be a very nice person.

I like watching pregnant sims walk. It amuses me.

Lexa: Oh, it amuses you does it? Try carrying a baby round yourself and see how you like it! And decorate while you're at it. You promised to days ago.

Alright, alright!

Lexa: I will stay here until you decorate. I mean it.

Okay, fine. It means I don't have to deal with you.

Lexa: ** it! I need the loo! Curse pregnancy-bladder!

When pregnant mothers clean everything it's supposed to mean the birth is imminent.

Lexa: Or I could just be fed up of living in a badly decorated house. Besides, cleaning helps me plot.

A bit of bonding time.

(Note: the channel is not set to kids music. In fact, it's set to anythimg but kids music.)

And the world's most evil pyjamas.

Lexa: I can't believe you forgot to change them! An evil empress does NOT look like a bunny.

Well, you do, and you're an evil empress.

Lexa: Just... glad... I... had time... to get changed... before...

Before what?

Lexa: The baby!

Lexa: Stop taking pictures and get it out of me!

Say please.

Lexa: Evil empresses... do not... say please!

Meanwhile...

Roderick: I can't wait until the baby arrives. I hope it likes it's teddy.

If you woke up, you wouldn't need to wait.

Roderick: Ahh! Lexa! The baby's coming!

Lexa: I know, it's been coming for about an hour now, while you've been asleep. I hate you!

Introducing October CrumpleSteel. She's an artistic virtuoso who likes the colour orange.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #373 on: August 17, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
Welcome October! And I have one thing to say: Gotta love Lexa!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #374 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
Welcome to the world, October! The birth story was hilarious!