Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 363063 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 5, Chapter 72
« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
Apologies for the triple post, but I thought it was tidier to keep this separate from the update.

After generation five's heir has completed her requirements, the dynasty will be moving from Sunset Valley. I've got permission from Metro so it's still a HOF bid but my game is so laggy and buggy that it's not going to be possible to play another five generations here. My computer isn't the best so I think it's struggling with the size of the file.

However, it's up to you to choose the town! I've got SV, Riverview, Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Starlight Shores, Hidden Springs and Lunar Lakes. SV it'd be too weird because Agnes, Chris, Claire and Jared would be running around despite being ancestors of my sims, Riverview I did my immortal dynasty in and Hidden Springs is known to be buggy, so I've ruled those out. Opinions?

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2012, 01:02:24 PM »
I suggest Lunar Lakes since it seems like a very cool town and I'm sure it could make for an interesting story line.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 5, Chapter 72
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
Well, I would say NOT Hidden Springs. I had a terrible time with lagging and crashes. And, I have a pretty good computer. I like Lunar Lakes and Riverview for good games. I also like Twinbrook for no lag

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
I would suggest either Lunar Lakes or Starlight Shores. Bridgeport can be laggy at the best of times, never mind when you have got to play five generations there, and Twinbrook is extremely ugly in my opinion. The other options are ones you have already ruled out.

And of course I have to say that this story is fabulous, and that I wish you the best of luck in finishing :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »
I say either Lunar Lakes or Starlight Shores as well. I have never played in Starlight Shores because I don't have Showtime yet but it looks very pretty and the townies seem an interesting bunch. I have got Lunar Lakes and it's awesome to play. I personally haven't experienced any problems with it either. :)

loveSims

« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2012, 06:19:15 PM »
I think Twinbrook or Lunar Lakes. I have a good computer and Starlight Shores give those little freezes.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »
I'm suggesting either Twinbrook, Starlight Shores or Lunar Lakes. Maybe you should do the one you've played the least to give you a new experience?

You really don't want us to know who the heir is do you? I'm going to take a guess that Kelsey isn't the heir.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2012, 09:22:31 PM »
I like Bridgeport at this moment, I also like Starlight Shores.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 5, Chapter 73
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2012, 07:52:10 PM »
Thanks everyone! It's looking like the CrumpleSteels will be moving to Lunar Lakes very soon. But first, we have to finish the requirements...

Prom, Genies and a Boy

But firstly, before that exciting stuff, it's time for Ben's elder birthday.

Ben: That's not exciting? I remember a time when you were anxiously awaiting my birthdays...

See, he's got 'grumpy old man' down already.

And the first day of high school.

Anais: Where's Lexa got to? I can't believe she's keeping us waiting. We need to get on the honour roll! We can't be setting a bad impression by being late on the first day.

Kelsey: Is she in that police car down there?

Bus Driver: What police car? Oh. Ooops.

Lexa: It's not my fault I'm in the police car.

I bet it is.

Meanwhile, Eugenia is giving a long overdue makeover to a guy with an afro, one of the peasant French outfits from WA, and flippers.

Eugenia: Trust me, you'll feel like a new man!

I'm not sure why the pap needs to be there. I hate the paps.

Later that evening, Lexa has learnt from that morning's incident with the police (out before curfew had lifted) and was running away from the police in the graveyard. Policewoman is however more interested in her book than what Lexa has been up to, which is mostly laying booby traps. There are so many booby traps in the house that when she threw a wish to set 10 there weren't enough non-booby trapped items for her to be able to.

Lexa: It's not booby-trapping. It's my master plan.

Anais: It's surprisingly hard to meditate effectively when you're soaking wet.

May I ask why you're soaking wet?

Anais: It involves my dear sister and a sink.

Kelsey is also practicing her martial arts.

Kelsey: I never realised how deadly a weapon Mr Hand could be. I'm going to have to recruit him for the fight against the sharks. Wait, I have a deadly weapon attached to me?! Mr Hand! Don't turn on me!

Yes.

Anais: Doesn't breaking a block of wood with just your bare hand seem a little implausible?

Yes, but this is the sims. You can do all sorts of cool things in the sims, like be resurrected or become a vampire.

Anais: Except we can't, because they're both banned under the dynasty rules.

Who gave you the dynasty rules?

Anais: I feel so awesome.

Genie Simone: Are you sure?

Lexa: Of course.

Genie Simone: You're really quite evil, aren't you?

Lexa: I know.

Lexa: *to self* Wow. Someday I need to be able to shoot lasers from my eyes.

Lexa: *to self* But for now, bracelets of fire are a good enough compromise. *to genie* And this will do what I asked?

Genie Simone: I suppose so.

Lexa: Excellent...

Genie Simone: I wish I didn't have to grant every wish. Other occupations have moral opt-outs. I may have to petition the government.

Lexa: Mwahahaha! You will all be eternally miserable when I take over the world! Mwahahaha!

Eugenia: If I can tear you away from your doubtlessly highly important plotting for a moment, babe, it's time for dinner.

Lexa: Evil Empresses do not answer to 'babe', Mum. You are so uncool.

This is Anais ready for prom. She's excited about going.

And Lexa, who is probably plotting the downfall of prom.

Kelsey, meanwhile, becomes probably the first insane sim ever to go to prom in her formal dress.

And just to up the drama, here's the one teenage boy in Sunset Valley. He's going to have fun at prom, what with the triplets and three other teenage girls all with their eye on him.

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »
Haha, I predicted the prom!  Then again, what with three girls and only one boy in Sunset Valley...Well, let's just say that it wasn't rocket science.  That poor boy!

Congratulations to Kelsey for managing to keep her formal dress on through the prom!  I always hate it when I dress sims up and then they just change.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2012, 07:26:18 AM »
Anais: Doesn't breaking a block of wood with just your bare hand seem a little implausible?

Yes, but this is the sims. You can do all sorts of cool things in the sims, like be resurrected or become a vampire.

Anais: Except we can't, because they're both banned under the dynasty rules.

Who gave you the dynasty rules?
I did. I gave her them when you weren't looking.  ;) Don't tell Them though.

Kelsey, meanwhile, becomes probably the first insane sim ever to go to prom in her formal dress.
I din't even know that was possible.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
Haha, I predicted the prom!  Then again, what with three girls and only one boy in Sunset Valley...Well, let's just say that it wasn't rocket science.  That poor boy!

Congratulations to Kelsey for managing to keep her formal dress on through the prom!  I always hate it when I dress sims up and then they just change.

Weirdly I didn't even really try to keep Kelsey's formal on or even put her in it. She just got out the limo with it on and is even wearing it in the prom photo. You have to feel sorry for the one boy really!

I did. I gave her them when you weren't looking.  ;) Don't tell Them though.

Anais I can just about trust near you lot on the forum. Kelsey or Lexa, on the other hand...

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 5, Chapter 74
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
Glowing Things and Bad Ideas

Eugenia: I'm a very good stylist. I'm always at the cutting edge of fashion, whether that's hairstyles, clothing choices, the best colours for you, whatever. As you can see here, I've used colours that will perfectly accent his glowing eyes while toning down the rest of his vampire look so as he blends into Sunset Valley with only an intriguing amount of creepiness.

Don the Maid: Show me more.

Eugenia: And on this one I...

Don: Eww! That's a before picture right?

She doesn't get the client.

It's time for the important event of the day...

Lexa: Prepare... for... epic.

I'm prepared.

Lexa: And that is what I will do to Sunset Valley if it doesn't obey my plans!

Ignoring that, congratulations on being the first person to complete a martial arts skill challenge.

Lexa: Well, obviously it was going to be me first.

Now to move onto the important event of today...

Ben: Look! I've discovered which way is up!

Eugenia: Well done dear.

Can everyone stop interrupting me?!

Erik Darling: No.

What are you doing here?

Erik: You know, chilling. Having a wander. There's not a lot to do in the afterlife really, and Agnes went off with Chris Steel, so I'm by myself and there's only so many times you can play dominos with Vita Alto. That and I heard there's weird things afoot.

Weird things?

Erik: Oops. Wasn't supposed to tell you that.

Please?

Erik: I'm sorry, you'll have to wait until your heir comes of age.

Anais: Watcher! Come on! The important event you've been trying to get round to is happening!

Eugenia's elder birthday, which I had a cake ready for and everything. Instead she ages up while cooking mac and cheese.

Ben: Nothing wrong with mac and cheese.

Kelsey: If it starts a fire, I'll blow it out, don't worry!

She's still pretty hot for a elder.

And her first act as an elder?

Eugenia: Get off my land! Go on! Get off!

Louie: Nice house you've got here.

Eugenia: Shoo!

She's not yet achieved her LTW so she keeps her job as a stylist. Something tells me this may not have been her best makeover.

Kane Russ: Neon green with purple?

Eugenia: Yep.

Kane Ross: I love it! It's inspired! Oh, how can I ever thank you?!

Well, if he likes it...

Ben: How dare you! I can't remember what you did, but how dare you!

She's skipping school, Ben.

Ben: Shut up, watcher! I knew that! How dare you skip school Kelsey Doris CrumpleSteel!

Doris. Hah.

Kelsey: Please, Dad, please don't ever tell anyone my middle name is Doris. Or Mr Hand will hold me hostage.

Ben: I don't think that makes sense. Please tell me that doesn't make sense.

Family mealtime at the CrumpleSteel residence.

Ben: Yay. Hotdogs.

Kelsey: And you see I spoke to some flags yesterday and they said that they would help me defeat the sharks but only if I brought them a shrubbery first. And so I went and got them a shrubbery but then they said they wanted two shrubberies and...

Anais: *to herself* Smile and nod, smile and nod.

Eugenia: This would make a lovely drawing.

Lexa: I don't care if I'll be hungry later. I'm leaving. Possibly forever.

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »
A great update!  I forgot to vote for the new town, but Lunar Lakes is what I would have chosen too.  Eugenia is possibly the prettiest elder that I've ever seen!  She doesn't even look her age!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
I love Kelsey. :)

This is such a fun story to read. I love your sense of humor!

anything