Author Topic: Stuck in CAS Cheat?!  (Read 17792 times)

JellybeanJayden

Stuck in CAS Cheat?!
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:30:05 PM »
I was in game and was trying to change my sims clothing, I used the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and opened CAS. Then when I was trying to drag a color to a different clothing item it got stuck. All that shows up on screen is the circle in the bottom left hand corner. I don't know when I last saved, and don't want to lose my previous game. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Stuck in CAS Cheat?!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
That sounds awful! If you have the game running still, try to minimize it by hitting the windows key then bring it back up. If you can open the menu, try running the game in windowed mode. I don't think there's anything else you can do to get your game to unfreeze like that, though. :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
I have it minimized now, but it doesn't fix it. It's like it froze in the middle of switching from the shirt to the pants. I will try running in in windowed mode, I hope I can fix this. I know I had aged up two people AND had a litter of puppies. I really don't want to have to go through all of that again. :(

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »
Sadly that didn't work. But I did learn that I could click on her bows in her hair and it still zoomed in. So its like its just missing the side bars

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »
Well, if it's missing the X and checkmark, then I don't know how you'll get out of it. There's no option to exit from the menu in CAS, right?

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:29:55 PM »
There is but I'll lose all my unsaved game. And I really don't want to do that... Lesson learned for sure, ALWAYS save before you enter CAS

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »

That is what it looks like

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:54:54 AM »
When you change your sims clothes give the game time to load all the clothes before you choose anything. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 05:33:12 AM »
If it's still stuck, you'll have to just close the game by ending the task in the Task Manager (Windows).  You'll lose whatever you haven't saved.

One other thing, you don't have to use testing cheats to change your Sim's clothing.  Just click on a dresser and it will take you to a lighter version of CAS.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

JellybeanJayden

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »
Yeah I ended up just exiting out, oh well. Thank anyways guys, and thanks Pam for the easier way to change clothes :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 11:34:50 AM »
This happens to me all the time. My advice would be exactly what loveSims said - this usually happens during Create a Style so when there make sure all the patterns in the category currently selected on the right have loaded before clicking anything else. It takes ages to load, I know, but in many cases it's better than losing hours of gameplay. :)