Author Topic: Lag Every 20 Seconds  (Read 4132 times)

mealazarte

Lag Every 20 Seconds
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »
Good Day,

Please somebody help me in my game, I started I new game in sunset valley, then I went to France to finish an opportunity, then I came back and continued on playing, after a few days, about 2 or 3 days on real time, i experience a lag or hang every 15-20seconds that im playing, I timed it. I tried to restart my laptop, and started to play again but after a few minutes I experience it again, then I tried to not use store items and then restarted my laptop but I experience it again. I asked my younger brother who is playing on my laptop but he didn't experienced it. I have all the expansions installed and stuffs except fastlane and outdoor living. What could have been the problem?

Please help me, I'm almost there to make my first ambrosia.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
Re: Please help me on LAG every 20seconds
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:33:59 AM »
 First of all welcome to the forum  ;D ,do you have any any custom content? I did and it made my game LAG if not, there is a thread on the forum called" technical help" there is something on there about games running slow or LAG ing Hope this helps  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:58:00 AM »
Here is the Board for Technical Issues, you may find the information you need there. Although I suggest you take a look at this thread as it really does keep your game running smoothly, then if problems persist try this one.

It's also worth making sure you have plenty of space on your PC, run a Disk Clear-Up. I did one once and gained 4GB! It did have a definite impact on my games performance.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:03:14 AM »
Welcome to the forums! I had a problem with this in my Dynasty. It had gotten so bad, the game was not fun to play. I did the clean up, and also did the factory reinstall. Nothing helped that much. What I finally did was saved a copy of the family to the bin and moved towns. This is a thread that explains exactly how to do it. I went from Riverview to Sunset Valley, but you can do it to any town. If you do, make sure things you want to keep are in the family or personal inventory, but if you have ice sculptures, put them on the ground or they will melt. The only negative thing is they lose their friendships, and also the mother had died but I still had the grave, but the game chose another random dead townie to be her mom. But considering the lagging that price was one I was willing to pay. Now my game is fun again and doesn't really lag. I hope one of these solutions works for you, good luck.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Lag Every 20 Seconds
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 04:21:47 AM »
I'm moving this to the Technical Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Lag Every 20 Seconds
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:33:24 AM »
You may just have a stuck sim.  Try resetsim *.