Author Topic: Control only one sim?  (Read 51348 times)

Trym

Control only one sim?
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
I like only having to take care of one sim at a time, but I also want my sim to get married some time. Is there a way for my sim to get married to an NPC who will continue to be an NPC after getting married?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Control only one sim?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 07:34:29 AM »
I like only having to take care of one sim at a time, but I also want my sim to get married some time. Is there a way for my sim to get married to an NPC who will continue to be an NPC after getting married?

In answer to your question it is not possible. Although you could technically just leave any extra household members to freewill, so they'll still be around and possibly annoying but they should take care of themselves as long as Freewill is on High.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
I have many sims who choose a lifelong lover but never marry them and never move in together.  Usually I'll pick a female sim so she can have a child even without her lover living with her.  I'll cause her to have a girl so I can keep going.  If you're okay with playing all female sims (or using adoption for male sims), it's do-able that way.  Often the lover will come over and spend most days at my sim's house, doing whatever.

Skane

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
Well, if you don't mind spending money, you can make your spouse move out of the house after marriage. You will therefore lose control of your spouse, but he/she becomes a neighbourhood NPC, with a married status to you.

Cheers.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:51:33 PM »
And, well, if you choose not to buy them a house when moving the spouse out, you won't loose any money... right? (there's an option to let the game place them on random lot when you choose who will move out, I use this whenever I have a situation like this, and I never lost any money I think).

Skane

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
And, well, if you choose not to buy them a house when moving the spouse out, you won't loose any money... right? (there's an option to let the game place them on random lot when you choose who will move out, I use this whenever I have a situation like this, and I never lost any money I think).
The danger in random lot is that the game may place them in limbo instead. Lost quite a few sims that way before I figured out what was happening. Unless you don't care about future interactions with said sim, paying for a modest house (say 15k?) so that the game won't whisker them away into the mists without informing you is better for peace of mind.

Cheers.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »
The danger in random lot is that the game may place them in limbo instead. Lost quite a few sims that way before I figured out what was happening. Unless you don't care about future interactions with said sim, paying for a modest house (say 15k?) so that the game won't whisker them away into the mists without informing you is better for peace of mind.

Cheers.

Ooh I never knew! Thanks for telling this, I usually play several generations and want my relatives to stay in the town... I'll be extra careful when moving them out from now on. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »
The danger in random lot is that the game may place them in limbo instead. Lost quite a few sims that way before I figured out what was happening.

Yes, "Kick Out" simply makes your sims part of the homeless population in your town, and relies on Story Progression to move them into a lot at some later date.

If Story Progression never gets around to moving your sims, they will remain in an hibernating state for the rest of their existence, or as Skane describes it : "Limbo".

Better to use the "freerealestate" cheat, and split the household in "Edit Town".

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
So far, every sim that I have ever kicked out, I followed them and they have always gone into another empty house.  They have no money, but, they have always gone to a house.  They might go into limbo, so to speak, if there are no houses for them to go to, but, if there is an empty house, no matter what the cost, they will move into to it. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 01:46:56 AM »
Same for me.  I've followed my Sims when they get kicked out and they always go straight to a new house and take possession of it.  Unless you've purposefully filled every house in town, there will always be empty houses available.  The kicked out Sim can still move out of town later on because of Story Progression, so you can't always control that.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
Interesting, do the sims actually now live at the residence you see them go to after kicking them out ?

I know that the "Go Home" coding for homeless sims simply chooses a random lot to head for prior to hibernation, however that does not necessarily have anything to do with them actually living there.

:)

Forum Rules

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »
Same for me.  I've followed my Sims when they get kicked out and they always go straight to a new house and take possession of it.

I've done the same and yes, they take a car to a house where they will stay & live. It's a bit funny some times as they may move into the most expensive mansions even when they are dirt poor... This is why I never thought they would "disappear" somewhere. Still, m experience is quite limited as I've done this "kick out" only about 5 times. Anyway, they always drove to a house and lived there permanently.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
Cool, I will stand corrected on this issue then.

Cheers. :)

Forum Rules

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »
I have even had a sim that I have kicked out, move two or three times, lol.  I just thought it funny, that they would move like that.  Like we have always said, can't second guess these sims sometimes. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?