Author Topic: Advice On Imaginary Friends  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
Advice On Imaginary Friends
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
My second generation Sim received an Imaginary Friend as a gift in the mail. I love the idea of imaginary friends in the game, and learned that you could turn them into real friends and then control them too. I read up about it in the guide and it says it's a hassle and you need to find Rainbow gems, or create potions for that to happen. I do know that you have to keep playing with the friend and get really close with it first for any of it to work.

I always wanted to try turning an imaginary into real, and then having them marry my Sim. I'm thinking of doing it for the second generation. This way she'd get a unique best friend, a ready made husband, and have a close relationship with him from the get go too.

I can't have her make potions though, because the logic is for another generation, so she's gonna go the dumb jock(?) route. So basically what I am asking is for advice if I should try that or let her eventually find a real husband?

If anyone has ever successfully pulled this off, or has a PhD on this subject, please help by sharing whatever you know in depth [and in simple words because I'm really dumb with these things :D]. The rainbow gem is apparently hard to find. I haven't found it so far in all my gem searching. Is there a specific location one can get it? I do keep checking the Sell n Swap though, I'm not sure if I would find it there. And I'm worried it would take too much time and effort, and even though she has to max the Athletic, I'm worried it would be too troublesome?

Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Advice On Imaginary Friends
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:01:52 PM »
I haven't done it yet, but I know several of our members have.  Did you try searching the Forum for imaginary friends?  Also, did you receive the private message from Carl?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:10:11 PM »
I haven't done it yet, but I know several of our members have.  Did you try searching the Forum for imaginary friends?  Also, did you receive the private message from Carl?

Yes. And I replied with the new name. :d And I did check for the info from the forum too, but then I got even more confused so I thought I'd ask for whatever I needed myself. :S
Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:37:43 PM »
I'm not sure of the rules for your challenge . . . are pets allowed?  The dog in my 100 baby challenge hunts once or twice a day, he used to do it more often, and they have a stockpile of rainbow gems if I ever decide to use them.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
I know I found a lot of rainbow gems when I did adventures abroad..And if that is not an option then I'd save up some Lifetime Points and get the collectors reward. That way you can search specifically for gems!
And if you are doing an immortal dynasty you could always have the spouse gain logic and get the potion that way you will still have unique skills with your actual immortals.

anything