Author Topic: Harsh punishment, or just really unlucky?  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
Harsh punishment, or just really unlucky?
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:36:58 AM »
While I have played all three Sims games repeatedly over the years, I rarely play multiple generations as I rather dislike babies (yes, I did say that out loud, feel free to shoot me later).  Many months of lurking on these forums have given me the urge to actually try to complete a legacy style challenge and having received a copy of Generations for Christmas I decided that I'd try to get over my issues with the little nooboos.

So, with much trepidation, I decided to try my hand at an Immortal Legacy game.  I didn't do too badly at first and felt like I was really getting somewhere...right up until my heir's first day at school.  Having not played children often in Sims 3 I'm not certain how much of this is normal and how much was just plain bad luck.

I let my toddler age up naturally rather than having a birthday celebration so the timing wasn't great and this sent him to school with an energy bar that was only half full.  I didn't worry, I figured I could let him sleep when he came home, get him back into a normal sleep pattern and catch up on homework before school.  That evening, a burglar decided to pay a little visit and the resulting noise made the energy issue worse.  Still not panicking I thought that I'd try something I'd never done before and chose the "work on late homework" option whilst in school.  Within seconds of clicking this option my poor little sim was given detention (is this a random thing or a guaranteed result?).  Oh well, that was a little annoying but undeterred I carried on.  Then a meteor hit the school at detention time.

I have a feeling my poor little sim was being persecuted!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Harsh punishment, or just really unlucky?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »
That many bad events at once is definitely unusual! Poor sim... I will say that my sims have worked on late homework at school a lot, and they've never gotten detention. I didn't even know there was such a thing in sims!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
I should add that none of the family had the Unlucky trait either.

I'm glad to see I was just messed around by a series of unfortunate events.  It did feel a little harsh!
Time to try again then :)

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »
I've had sims get detention before.  They can get it for slacking off or for cheating.  I don't know if I've had one for doing late homework.  It's random.  Hope you sims is ok.  You could always go back to a past save, if you have one and hope that all that doesn't happen again.  I don't know if that's allowed in the rules though. 

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »
@Wench:

You said you're doing an Immortal Legacy, but do you mean an Immortal Dynasty?  The one hosted here on our Forum?  If that's the case, you won't be able to go back to a previous save unless it's a technical glitch.  What happened to you sounds like a terrible run of bad luck, but nothing technical.  You could consider it a learning experience...  maybe don't wait for the Sim to age up naturally.  Do it with cake so he can be sure to get to bed early enough for school the next day.  It takes a little practice to get into the swing of it, but it's really quite fun.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 06:55:07 PM »
Aye Pam, I did mean Immortal Dynasty. As I'd just been talking about legacy style games I used the wrong word.

Don't worry I didn't go back to a previous save, I knew that wouldn't be allowed as I'd seen it mentioned before.  I hadn't thought it was a bug or anything, I just hadn't been sure if that always happens or if I'd just had a run of bad luck!  ;D

Now I know it was just a bad luck streak I'm not so worried.  Having to go through all that every time some poor child was late with his homework might have broken me.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
Unfortunately, you don't need the unlucky trait to have a string of bad luck in the Sims.  Even more unfortunately, you can have a string of bad luck even if your Sims have the Lucky trait lol.  That's the sheer tragedy of randomization:  even professional gamblers can have a losing streak.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything