Author Topic: Consignment Store Issues  (Read 22378 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Suddenly cannot sell any items in the consignment store
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 11:53:30 PM »
OK, I hope someone can help me here. I am playing in Appaloosa Plains and I managed to sell 147 items in the consignment store. My current reputation is thus excellent and made over $25,000 in profit. My current Sim day is week 5 day 2.

But lately, I noticed that I cannot sell a single item in the consignment store! I tried cancelling the items and reselling them again but it still would not work! To make matters worse, the items on sale still shows 5 days left even if consign the items there for more or less than 5 days. Moreover, I am not receiving back any items that I fail to sell. The items simply "disappear" unless I choose to cancel the sale. Then only can I see the items which I had consigned many days prior.

How do I solve this issue? I have to sell 150 items plus gain an impressive reputation at the consignment store as I am trying to crate a perfect Sim whereby all his skills are at the maximum level. This bug is ruining my challenge!

Please offer advise! Thanks!

:'(

Sportsfan

Re: Suddenly cannot sell any items in the consignment store
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 12:02:54 AM »
Try canceling consignments.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »
You could try going to another family in your game.  The bad thing is I think you would lose everything you had done but the glitch would be gone.  There was another post about something close to this.

There seems to be a glitch that cause what happened to you.  Actually, I had it where I couldn't sale things at the store anymore.

See if anything from this topic can help.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,4025.0.html

Also, try this topic.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1165.0.html

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »
Try canceling consignments.

Thanks for the tip but I tried cancelling the items already and the problem persisted. What if I load my family into the bin in edit town and then start a new game? Will this work. Of course the relationships would be gone.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »
You could try going to another family in your game.  The bad thing is I think you would lose everything you had done but the glitch would be gone.  There was another post about something close to this.

There seems to be a glitch that cause what happened to you.  Actually, I had it where I couldn't sale things at the store anymore.

See if anything from this topic can help.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,4025.0.html

Also, try this topic.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1165.0.html

OK, if I go into another family, what would I lose? Can you please elaborate. Also can I save my family into the library and start all over again, losing only the relationships?

Sportsfan

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 01:26:01 AM »
You could delete the register than put a new one out.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 01:43:45 AM »
OK, if I go into another family, what would I lose? Can you please elaborate. Also can I save my family into the library and start all over again, losing only the relationships?

To be on the safe side, make a copy of this game by Saving As and using a different file name.  That way, no matter if you lose anything by saving to the bin, you'll still have a copy of your game up to this point.

Can you tell us more detail about what is happening?  You said you tried cancelling the consignments, so does that mean that you were actually able to cancel them?  Or are you getting no action at all when you click on the register?  And are you able to still actually consign items?  I mean the window comes up and you can select the items you wish to consign?  Can you purchase anything?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 02:15:06 AM »
To be on the safe side, make a copy of this game by Saving As and using a different file name.  That way, no matter if you lose anything by saving to the bin, you'll still have a copy of your game up to this point.

Can you tell us more detail about what is happening?  You said you tried cancelling the consignments, so does that mean that you were actually able to cancel them?  Or are you getting no action at all when you click on the register?  And are you able to still actually consign items?  I mean the window comes up and you can select the items you wish to consign?  Can you purchase anything?

Thanks for the reply. I can cancel the items on my consignment as well as purchase them. The problem is, when I consigned the items I purchased, no items were able to be sold. Moreover, when I consign items, the clerk tells me that the customers are tired of my items and told me to consign new types of items. The items I consigned so far and was able to sell them were paintings, books and wine bottles. I am able to consign them, but not able to sell them after awile.

I could sell the items at first and the total items I sold was 147. But after several Sim weeks, I was not able to sell a single item, even though I consigned the. I am able to cancel the consign items and put them for sale again but I still cannot sell them. I am so close in getting an impressive reputation as well as selling 150 items. But as things stand, my reputation is excellent and I sold 147 items.

What can I do now?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 03:05:14 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I can cancel the items on my consignment as well as purchase them. The problem is, when I consigned the items I purchased, no items were able to be sold. Moreover, when I consign items, the clerk tells me that the customers are tired of my items and told me to consign new types of items. The items I consigned so far and was able to sell them were paintings, books and wine bottles. I am able to consign them, but not able to sell them after awile.

I could sell the items at first and the total items I sold was 147. But after several Sim weeks, I was not able to sell a single item, even though I consigned the. I am able to cancel the consign items and put them for sale again but I still cannot sell them. I am so close in getting an impressive reputation as well as selling 150 items. But as things stand, my reputation is excellent and I sold 147 items.

What can I do now?

Ok, I see!  Try buying some produce and fish at the grocery store and consigning that (or sell what you grow and catch).  It just wants you to try selling different things or maybe take a break from selling.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 03:54:35 AM »
Ok, I see!  Try buying some produce and fish at the grocery store and consigning that (or sell what you grow and catch).  It just wants you to try selling different things or maybe take a break from selling.

OK, thanks for the tip! I will try that and report my findings!

:)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 05:11:43 AM »
OK, I can finally sell items at the consignment store! Thanks for the tip Pam!

However, my reputation at the store is still excellent. How do I get an impressive reputation? Can I sell sculptures and inventions that my other household Sims made. Is this how to get an impressive reputation?

Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 05:22:14 AM »
OK, I can finally sell items at the consignment store! Thanks for the tip Pam!

However, my reputation at the store is still excellent. How do I get an impressive reputation? Can I sell sculptures and inventions that my other household Sims made. Is this how to get an impressive reputation?

Thanks!

You're welcome.  :)

Yes, you can sell those other items.  Put them in your family inventory to be able to consign them.  I don't work on the Consignment Store challenges that much, but if you just keep selling, your reputation should improve.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »
OK, now I am facing a new problem here which is definitely a bug! My Sim's reputation is now impressive (finally!) but under the consignment store reputation, the wordings which says "gain an impressive reputation for selling items at the consignment store" is not in bold!

Is anyone else facing this bug?

Sportsfan

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
Yeah I think I've  had that bug before. I don't know if there is a way to fix it though.

Offline Galena

• Townie
Re: Skills Good for Consignment Sales
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »
If resetsim doesn't work, and it most likely will not, make another sim and see if they can achieve it.  If they can my first guess was probably right, and that challenge is broken for your sim.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

anything