Author Topic: Real songs in simlish  (Read 17086 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Real songs in simlish
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »
I know that there are a lot of real songs in simlish in TS3 and I have a list of all the ones that are actually in it. However I was wondering, does anyone know what stations on the stereo all the songs are on because I can never seem to find them in my game.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Real songs in simlish
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:26:35 PM »
I know the Roots channel is pretty much all real songs.  I've gone to YouTube and listened to the real versions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:26:48 AM »
I know there is a list of songs from each radio station in the options menu> music settings.

Here's a wiki article I found that lists most of the songs that came with each expansion (it starts with Sims 2 so just scroll further down to find Sims 3.)
Songs in Simlish

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »
Speaking of songs, has anyone figured out how to put your own music in the songs section and how do you actually get to choose what songs play during different times, like, shopping, building, etc.?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »
I went to Amazon and downloaded some songs that I liked.  They have to be Mp3 to be put into your game.  You just download a song, it will be put into a folder and then I drug the folder to my desktop.  I went into the sims folder and found the folder "custom music" and then drug the folder with my song in it right into the custom music folder.  When you go into your game and go to choose your station, just choose custom music and your song will be in there.  I am not the best at explaining things sometimes, so I hope this helps. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:44:58 AM »
Thanks, Salty.  I think I was using the wrong kind of file when I tried it.  Are You Tune, (not YouTube), songs Mp3?  I'll have to ask Squeaky.  She's always downloading music so would know.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 02:44:19 AM »
You can also take music off a CD and copy it in MP3 mode on your computer for putting in the file if you don't want to pay for downloading from iTunes or other sites.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:20:23 AM »
I went to Amazon and downloaded some songs that I liked.  They have to be Mp3 to be put into your game.  You just download a song, it will be put into a folder and then I drug the folder to my desktop.  I went into the sims folder and found the folder "custom music" and then drug the folder with my song in it right into the custom music folder.  When you go into your game and go to choose your station, just choose custom music and your song will be in there.  I am not the best at explaining things sometimes, so I hope this helps. :)

with this method, it only playable at "Live mode", I mean when you have a stereo, turn it on and you can hear it.

Speaking of songs, has anyone figured out how to put your own music in the songs section and how do you actually get to choose what songs play during different times, like, shopping, building, etc.?

if you want to actually to play your own music during "shopping mode (F2)", "building (F3)", you must use 3rd-party program to change it. Basicly, TS3 has compressed those default music files, put it all together in a *.package file. So, if you want to change those music files, you must edit that .package file, and it againts the forum rules, so we cannot discuss about it here :D.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say :D.
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:40 AM »
I'm just wondering, if you make a folder for custom songs, will they play in English or Simlish in the game? What if the songs are in another language, say Japanese for example, will those songs play in Japanese or Simlish? Just curious.

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »
It will play in the language it was recorded in.

This only enables the game to play the sound files you tell it to, it doesn't magically convert them into Simlish.  To hear the songs in Simlish they would have to be specifically re-recorded in Simlish.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »
I'm just wondering, if you make a folder for custom songs, will they play in English or Simlish in the game? What if the songs are in another language, say Japanese for example, will those songs play in Japanese or Simlish? Just curious.

About your question, watch here for more information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW4nfveKW5s&feature=channel_video_title
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

anything