Author Topic: Evict Them ALL!  (Read 17613 times)

mirabelle

Evict Them ALL!
« on: January 22, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
I'm a greedy Simmer and I like to evict everyone out of the town before starting my game, just so I have a large number of places to pick from.
Sadly, it's just so time-consuming. Is there any way to evict all the people from the town at once, instead of one by one?

Sportsfan

Re: Evict Them ALL!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:25:14 PM »
I don't think so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 06:26:36 PM »
I don't think so, either.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:32:37 PM »
Having done this on many occasions, the game doesn't provide any way to evict everyone all at once.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
My only advice is that once you do it, save a copy of that town so the next time you already have it and don't have to go through all that work again.  You have my sympathy.  I've done it and it isn't quick.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »
I did that in SV so I could have a super fast world for the building challenges lol, I evicted every single household one by one and then 'inspected' all the houses. It is a laborious task but I know there is not a fast way of doing this, I second the notion of saving the empty town.

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »
Is there any way to evict all the people from the town at once, instead of one by one?

Hmm...  Well, there are means to do so very quickly (as in one click) using third-party extensions.

However the only way I can think to do so in a vanilla game would be to change the life-span to be really short, and then run the game really fast until everyone in town is dead.

That would definitely clear out all the original occupants. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 05:43:46 PM »
Talking about 3rd party extensions is strictly prohibited here.

I guess that the idea of running the town really fast may work, assuming that you turn story progression off and are willing to wait for the town to simply die off, although I would assume it would still be faster to manually evict every household instead.

Kindest Regards KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
although I would assume it would still be faster to manually evict every household instead.

Most likely, but where is the fun in that ?

Just providing some alternatives in case the original poster is bored with eliminating the neighbors using the "Edit Town" method.

----

And just to be clear :  Simply mentioning the mere existence of third-party extensions is prohibited ?

I can understand not having an in-depth conversation about them.  However users should be aware of all the options, even if it is mentioned in the vaguest fashion possible.  Keeping users in the dark just feels cruel.

From now one I will simply make a link to the "What are Mods?" thread.  Hopefully that will be vague and mysterious enough to appease the locals.

:)

Forum Rules

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
A bit like telling water not to be wet, isn't it?   ;)

But KJ's right.  Here it's better to ere on the side of caution, on the forum, at least.  Bringing mods up for this does act like a suggestion to use one; not a personal problem for me or many others, but technically frowned upon.  There's nothing wrong with assisting someone via PM, though, in any manner you choose.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »
Hi twallan.

I'm sorry, but the mention of third party extensions (mods) is indeed forbidden.  We don't allow the mention of them by name, nor do we allow links.  The most we can allow is a statement saying that a mod may help, then offering to continue via PM, which is pretty much what you did.  Thanks for respecting our wishes.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.

May I suggest that a rewording of the [Forum Rules] may reduce misunderstanding in the future ?

The portion stating : "DO NOT discuss or link to any mods or custom content (CC) on this forum." does not, to me, convey the severity of even acknowledging the existence of mods in general.

Cheers. :)

Forum Rules

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.

May I suggest that a rewording of the [Forum Rules] may reduce misunderstanding in the future ?

The portion stating : "DO NOT discuss or link to any mods or custom content (CC) on this forum." does not, to me, convey the severity of even acknowledging the existence of mods in general.

Cheers. :)

Oh, we don't have a problem acknowledging the existence of mods.  We know they exist and that some are of high quality.  *Nod*  However, we don't want mods mentioned by name and we don't want links to mods.  Any of that sort of talk is conducted via private message and that's perfectly fine if members want to do that.  We just don't endorse their use on the Forum.  What we do here is always with a clean, original game free of any mods.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 09:47:20 PM »
I am sorry, I wasn't intending to inflame a subject in the slightest, when I noticed that you are new here Twallan I thought it appropriate to mention and because I am not a Moderator or such I wanted to say it fast and move on very quickly so as not to open a conversation about it (see how well that worked haha) and the rest of my post was supposed to be be tongue in cheek.

I was meant to be a heads up, as I am knowledgeable enough to know that such material exists and that it is used by many, I supposed in some ways that is what sets this forum apart from others.

My apologies for any offence caused.

Kindest Regards
KJ

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
I am sorry, I wasn't intending to inflame a subject in the slightest, when I noticed that you are new here Twallan I thought it appropriate to mention and because I am not a Moderator or such I wanted to say it fast and move on very quickly so as not to open a conversation about it (see how well that worked haha) and the rest of my post was supposed to be be tongue in cheek.

I was meant to be a heads up, as I am knowledgeable enough to know that such material exists and that it is used by many, I supposed in some ways that is what sets this forum apart from others.

My apologies for any offence caused.

Kindest Regards
KJ

I can't speak for Twallan, of course, but in the eyes of the Forum, you weren't out of line, KJ.  No worries there.  This conversation about mods with Twallan was bound to happen.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog