Author Topic: Can you change the appearance of a Simbot?  (Read 17881 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Can you change the appearance of a Simbot?
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »
I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread about this or not, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the appearance of a Simbot once you make one.  I recall in a promo video, and I realize those aren't always accurate for demonstration purposes, one that was done up to look similar to Iron man.  So I was wondering if after building a Simbot, I could change some of it's color.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Can you change the appearance of a Simbot?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
I'm afraid you can't change the appearance of a Simbot without mods. There are some small variations in the colours available though, so you can randomly get a grey, goldy-grey, or black Simbot (with or without rust, depending if it's Invented or from the My Best Friend LTW).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »
So just keep making them until I get the possible color I want then.  Okay.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »
Can you use testing cheats?  The ability to send a sim back to create-a-sim was added in a recent patch, wasn't it?
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »
Hi Galena, welcome to the forum.

That was added with 1.22 (the Generations patch), but it doesn't work on occults or Pregnant Sims. Occults are Vampires, Mummies, Unicorns, Imaginary Friends, and Simbots.

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »
I wanted to point out, since it took me ages to find this information, that you CAN change the appearance of a Simbot WITH just one mod - if you use Twallan's Master Controller to get hir into Edit-a-Sim, you can then recolour his "clothing" by clicking on different parts. Once changed, your Bot will keep hir appearance even if you remove the mod.