Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 350059 times)

Offline allyblossom

• Nooboo
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #330 on: May 16, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Thanks Bubbles :) yep, I downloaded and installed the Union Cove sims 3 pack, and extracted the save file into the my documents, electronic arts, sims 3, saves part, was that the right place to go?? anyway I try to click the save game that is there but the message:
Union cove start cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system.
is there when I hover over it.. hmmm  :(

JessieJJJ

« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2013, 06:54:59 PM »
Hello all,
My Union Cove won't load all the way because it crashes midway. What do I do?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline horselover3388

• Nooboo
« Reply #332 on: May 25, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
I'm very confused. I don't have all of the expansion packs up to Seasons, so I downloaded the save file and extracted it to the right place, but I don't know what to do after that. It's not showing up so I can install it, and the only one that's downloaded was the one that requires Seasons. That one shows up in the game, but I can't make a game with that one, since I don't have Seasons and some others.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »
I'm very confused. I don't have all of the expansion packs up to Seasons, so I downloaded the save file and extracted it to the right place, but I don't know what to do after that. It's not showing up so I can install it, and the only one that's downloaded was the one that requires Seasons. That one shows up in the game, but I can't make a game with that one, since I don't have Seasons and some others.

You don't need to install the save file, once it is extracted you need to put it into the Save Game folder, then when you load the game up it should be an option to load where your other save games are shown.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2013, 07:58:10 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that Union Cove was meant to have its own townies (vs residents) and NPCs, but it didn't work for some reason. I can't find that post, so if I already asked, I'm sorry. What I was wondering is, do you know why it didn't work, and/or what you would need to do differently to make it work?

Offline Stormgirl19

• Nooboo
« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »
Hi, I downloaded Union Cove a while ago (the newest one) and I've successfully played it before (absolutely gorgeous world, by the way, I love it!) Today I started a new game with a firefighter and a ghosthunter, but both careers are glitching so badly I can't play them. The firefighter won't respond to emergencies (I cancel all of his actions and click "respond" on the alarm, but as soon as he stops everything he's doing and "respond" gets to the front of his queue, it disappears and he can no longer respond via the fire alarm or the fire picture on map view). The ghosthunter can't see any of the spirits she's supposed to be catching...I know these are typical ambitions glitches, but I haven't had any trouble with them on my other EA world games, so I was just wondering if it's a problem from the union cove file? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline hummingbird76

• Nooboo
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2013, 01:08:52 PM »
I see the last entry was on May 27th and no one has replied to it...So, I am hoping that someone will reply to me asap.

I installed Union Cove yesterday for the first time and the issues I am having are:

1. Sim orders drink/food from mixologist at a night spot and nothing happens they both just stand there for ever, with the command still looming in the upper left corner.  If I sit the sim at the bar then order, the sim pops up either behind the bar or in the middle of the floor.

2. Also now, when I click on the area map, all the icons are gone. I have no idea where anything is.

This is a disaster, the town looks great, but I can't play the way I should be able to at this point. Can someone help me...I am not sims tech savvy...but if I can't get any help, I will just have to uninstall it and reset my whole entire game to factory set.  :'( I don't want that. Please help. Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum hummingbird! I can't help with your first question but I can with question 2. In map view, there should be a box in the bottom left above the Live Mode, Buy Mode and Build Mode icons (I think that's where it is anyway). Check that you haven't selected 'none' as that will mean no icons show up. However, it could be just a glitch that maybe a new save file or even just re-loading the current file will solve.

Hope this helps!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2013, 02:07:40 PM »
1. Sim orders drink/food from mixologist at a night spot and nothing happens they both just stand there for ever, with the command still looming in the upper left corner.  If I sit the sim at the bar then order, the sim pops up either behind the bar or in the middle of the floor.

Are you patched up to 1.55 ? As I did notice a thread in the Misc Help board where someone seems to have a similar issue to you that is caused by the patch, try the solution given and see if that helps. :)

Offline hummingbird76

• Nooboo
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »
Oh yaaaay! I got responses! Thank you so much bubbles & samoht!

Now bubbles, if the 1st way doesn't work...so how do I do a new save file or re-loading the current file? Sorry, I'm not sims tech savvy...thanks!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
By re-loading the current file, I literally mean just going into the game as normal and seeing if the game fixed itself. To try a new save file, you could either do save as instead of save or go into edit town, save the household to the sim-bin, start a new game and place the family back in town. Simple as that! Here on the forum, we are always happy to give help if we know of solutions and answers.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline LaniBethRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »
I would like to try Union Cove and am unsure which version I should use.  I currently have all expansions up to Supernatural except Late Night; but, I don't own any of the stuff packs.  I also only have an average computer.  Does anyone have any recommendations on which would be better for me?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #342 on: July 06, 2013, 08:10:38 AM »
If you want to Supernatural lots to be pre-placed, go for the Seasons version. If you are happy to place them yourself, then go with the original. You will have a few lots with a different designation to most people either way because of your lack of Late Night. It is really up to you and whether you are willing to place new lots.

You could download both and see which you prefer, then uninstall the one you don't want anymore.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »
I would like to try Union Cove and am unsure which version I should use.  I currently have all expansions up to Supernatural except Late Night; but, I don't own any of the stuff packs.  I also only have an average computer.  Does anyone have any recommendations on which would be better for me?
If you want to Supernatural lots to be pre-placed, go for the Seasons version. If you are happy to place them yourself, then go with the original. You will have a few lots with a different designation to most people either way because of your lack of Late Night. It is really up to you and whether you are willing to place new lots.

You could download both and see which you prefer, then uninstall the one you don't want anymore.

I'm merging this with the UC Technical Help thread.  :)

Offline redmare

• Townie
« Reply #344 on: July 22, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »
I've downloaded several player-made worlds, and none so far have worked, including Union Cove. It will load for a while, but then the music will stop and the screen will shut down, and it will give me a message saying that Sims 3 has stopped working. Any thoughts? Also, my downloads said I only needed the base game.
Please take a look at my story, the Thousand House!
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15796.0.html

anything