Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 350056 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »
The path on the guide should read C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.  Once I added (x86), I was able to get through the rest of the path and get Union Cove to show up.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Anna33

« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2013, 09:28:41 AM »
Oh right thanks, :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:15 PM »
minor problem found: on the path C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged the last part /Worlds does not exist, only thing there is /collections

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
The path on the guide should read C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.  Once I added (x86), I was able to get through the rest of the path and get Union Cove to show up.

I feel stupid now. I was doing it from Documents!
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #259 on: January 03, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »
minor problem found: on the path C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged the last part /Worlds does not exist, only thing there is /collections

I'm assuming creating the folder yourself will do the trick, as is the case with restoring save games before the /Saves folder exists in Documents. Thanks for letting us know.

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #260 on: January 03, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »
I'm assuming creating the folder yourself will do the trick, as is the case with restoring save games before the /Saves folder exists in Documents. Thanks for letting us know.

I ended up using the "Program Files (86x)" version of the file. New problem though- now I can't use "New Game" when I own all of the expansions required. Do we have an answer for this or is this something new that we don't know about? I'm going to have a go using the save for the time being, though.
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!

Offline gmyers2486

• Nooboo
« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2013, 09:17:02 PM »
I have installed UC seasons, I don't have Pets installed because it's just too big for my computer to handle right now so I went through all of the work arounds.  UC shows up in my list of worlds, but it get 1/4 of the way loaded and it crashes.  I've looked through a whole bunch of forum posts and nothing that I find works.  I also did a factory reset, tried to do it with that folder and does the same thing still. Please help!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #262 on: January 04, 2013, 03:28:45 AM »
I have installed UC seasons, I don't have Pets installed because it's just too big for my computer to handle right now so I went through all of the work arounds.  UC shows up in my list of worlds, but it get 1/4 of the way loaded and it crashes.  I've looked through a whole bunch of forum posts and nothing that I find works.  I also did a factory reset, tried to do it with that folder and does the same thing still. Please help!

You need to start your game with saved file if you are missing Pets or any other EP. Download it from same page on guide where you got installation file, and place it in saves folder. If you are having troubles seeing saved file (named Union Cove Seasons Start) in main menu, check this tread for the solution.

Offline Margooww

• Nooboo
« Reply #263 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:58 AM »
When I install Union Cove in the launcher it shows up in installed content and after that I can play in the world.
It also saves just fine, but then when I come back to play it again it doesn't show up in the installed content in the launcher only in the downloads and then as not installed and when I install it again the save game is gone and when I doesn't instal it again the save game shows up but I can't play it because I don't have the world installed.
What should I do?

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #264 on: January 04, 2013, 07:27:07 AM »
it did not help still wont show up

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #265 on: January 04, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »
it did not help still wont show up

Instead of Program Files try using Program Files (86x).

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2013, 08:50:48 AM »
When I install Union Cove in the launcher it shows up in installed content and after that I can play in the world.
It also saves just fine, but then when I come back to play it again it doesn't show up in the installed content in the launcher only in the downloads and then as not installed and when I install it again the save game is gone and when I doesn't instal it again the save game shows up but I can't play it because I don't have the world installed.
What should I do?

Margoow are you talking about old or new version? New version of UC is named Union Cove Seasons and it doesnt show up to anyone as installed, while old version does.
If your saves are not appearing try following the steps Carl explained  here as that one is the fastest and easiest way to get the save file to appear in main menu.

I ended up using the "Program Files (86x)" version of the file. New problem though- now I can't use "New Game" when I own all of the expansions required. Do we have an answer for this or is this something new that we don't know about? I'm going to have a go using the save for the time being, though.

This is the first time I hear about someone not being able to start new game. Will look around to see if someone else have that problem and for possible solutions.

You may need to reinstal your base game, as in NonPackaged folder there are Collections, CustomMusic, Ini, Library and Worlds folders; and in World folder you have to have Sunset Valley to play it.

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #267 on: January 04, 2013, 04:26:30 PM »
I posted about a problem I was having with UC, and realized it should probably be in this thread not it's own thread (my apologies for that).   The original thread is here, though:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,14082.0.html

Question 1:  The issue is that when I go into UC seasons, I have a lot of lots that are just called "Community lots" (no name) and they are set to no visitors allowed.  I don't know what they are all for, but I suspect that some are venues for EPs I don't have (I have pets, SN, and Seasons).  They look to be clubs mostly, like the country club thing, a pool club, and when I look at the list of lots in UC, I see that I don't have any of the clubs (like the grunge club or disco club) so I suspect they must be these unnamed community lots.  So I figured it was ok to delete some, or make them visitors allowed.

But then I ran into another problem.  There is something called Center Park Shops which is no visitors allowed.  I tried to change it, but it said I couldn't have that building on a community lot that was visitors allowed.  Then I realized that what this was supposed to be was the grocery store, bookstore and spa, and that I did not have a grocery store, bookstore or spa without it!  So I put it back to visitors allowed, and after a restart of the game, it showed ups as bookstore and spa (in that location) but no grocery store!   So should I just add a grocery store from another town?  And does changing rabbit hole locations to "visitors allowed" mess them up or something?

2) after all my fussing around with UC, I built a small labryinth on a lot I placed near where the legacy lot is.  It was fun--as soon as I made it, it was mobbed with Sims walking it.  But now, every single time I go from build/buy to play mode in UC it freezes, whether my Sim is near the labryinth or not.  I decided to try the labyrinth in another town to see if it was the problem, but it works fine in MF and MV, so I don't think it's that.   could I have messed something up with my recategorizing "no visitors allowed" lots?  I can't play that UC save file at all now as it freezes within 3-5 minutes in play mode (but is fine in edit world or build/buy mode).

I'm going to try playing a "new" save file in UC tonight and see if I still have the problem, but wondered what people thought about this, and if I have inadvertantly messed something up with my moving and recatagorizing of stuff?  Oh, I also put some new things in UC, like Stone's Throw Greenhouse, and a bar from AP.  Could that be a problem?

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #268 on: January 04, 2013, 06:33:32 PM »
Shibamistress, maybe a silly question but I thought I'd ask. Have you used the save file with the world? And the correct one, for with pets? If so, maybe it makes sense that you miss lots for ep's you don't have. Honestly, I don't know what it is suppose to look like without certain ep's. But I'm sure someone else will  ;) 

I do find it strange that you don't even have the grocery store... Almost as if you miss key items. Rabbit holes have no use of "Visitors allowed". I'd imagine sims could come on the lot to hang out, but they can't go in the building I think. I don't know if setting it to "Visitors allowed" would mess things up. Have you tried re-installing the world?

Then to part nr 2 of your question. I have a really good pc and compared to other worlds that run smoothly (like MF and MV), UC is causing a little lag. It could make sense that if the lots are messed up, it takes up a lot of memory to think all the time, I don't know. But UC is also rather big and has many very beautiful lots with much detail. Adding a very detailed and full lot maybe, like a labyrinth, could make it freeze more and depending on your computer, maybe that is too much for it. You can check other threads to compare your system requirements with others and to see what is adviced to have. An option would be to lower the settings or maybe to delete some of the biggest lots. Investing in more memory or a better videocard (if needed) is also an option. ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #269 on: January 04, 2013, 10:36:52 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Odie.

So do I have to have old version of UC if I have pets installed?  Perhaps I am misunderstanding:  I thought the new version of UC (UC seasons) did not require Pets, but it would be ok to use it if you have Pets.  I thought the Pets required version was the old version of UC not upgraded to Seasons?  (that's what it looked like to me when I downloaded it....) 

Yes, I started with the save file downloaded from here.  (though I then did a "save as" and am working off that now). 

I don't think the issue is my computer, which is a new laptop I bought just to play games on.  It has a good dedicated graphics card with a fair amount of video memory and 8 gb RAM.   I was able to play the old version of UC just fine with no lagging or crashing (and I may end up going back that if I can't get this to work). 

My labyrinth is tiny--it's on a 10x15 lot and only has the hedge fences on it and one bench, so it seems hardly likely that would overwhelm everything.   It's very puzzling overall.  I will try working from a different save file tonight, and see if perhaps that helps.....

anything