Author Topic: Autonomous ?  (Read 12744 times)

Affy Wilde

Autonomous ?
« on: March 25, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »
Hey. I'm sorry if this has been posted before (I did a search for my answer and didn't find anything).

I started my new game blah blah blah.. and I just randomly wondered, "Can my sim's steady partner propose autonomously?" I knolw that whoever proposes keeps their last name. Only thing is, sometimes I actually like the other person's last name. Question above.

I do use mods and custom content as it is my own choice, and I know you don't support the use of mods and whatever, but is it possible to create a mod that could do this

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Autonomous ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »

I do use mods and custom content as it is my own choice, and I know you don't support the use of mods and whatever, but is it possible to create a mod that could do this

I suppose anything is possible if you're talented enough with coding. But, it's highly unlikely you'll find your answer at this site. You'd be much better served asking this elsewhere.

Thread locked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »
Hi Affy and welcome to our Forum.

I unlocked this thread because I can give some other information that may help.

I've never known a Sim that's not under your control to propose autonomously.  The most I've seen them do is ask your Sim to move in, which gives you the opportunity to move into a different, and sometimes much nicer, house.  However, if your only concern is having the last name of the other Sim, you can go ahead and have your Sim do the proposal and get married.  Then you can take them to City Hall to change their names to whatever you like.  This is a good way to solve your problem within the original gameplay.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 10:40:27 PM »
If I may point out something, I do believe in one of Carl's walkthroughs of Gold-Digger Lifetime wish, he said that Geoffry Landgrabb was the one who proposed to his Sim, and I do not believe he was a playable character at this time... Just a thought, but I might be mistaken, to be totally sure I'll have to refer to the guide or Carl can correct me himself.

Edit: I just checked the guide, I was incorrect, he had control over Geoffry at the time, :/ well at least I know for sure now, it would be pretty nice if Sims who weren't inside the household could propose to someone inside the household. I mean it seems logical, seeing as you read about non-playable Sims all the time who are getting married through reading the newspaper.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »
it would be pretty nice if Sims who weren't inside the household could propose to someone inside the household.

I'd really love to see this in the game.  I play a lot of female Sims because I'm excessively fond of little toddler girls with their cute hair and clothes.  In an old fashioned sense, I'd like for the guy to propose sometimes.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 03:04:46 AM »
I think they do eventualy, but maybe not to a character your playing! My Gen 3 Spare is Going Out with a Woman, if anything changes I will let you know because he has moved out.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 03:44:07 PM »
Yes, I know they will propose and get married to Sim you aren't playing, but that doesn't do any good.  I'd like for the one I'm controlling to receive the proposal.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »
it would be pretty nice if Sims who weren't inside the household could propose to someone inside the household.

I'd really love to see this in the game.  I play a lot of female Sims because I'm excessively fond of little toddler girls with their cute hair and clothes.  In an old fashioned sense, I'd like for the guy to propose sometimes.
I absolutely understand this. Little girls are adorable, but I'm a bit of a traditional girl, so it almost bothers me that the girls have to propose so often. (It's just part of how I was raised. Plus I'm not that outgoing as it is and I tend to portray my Sim girls as rather shy too.) I guess more modern times allow girls to be able to propose but I would think it would be great if for once the Sims would sense if the relationship was going anywhere to be able to break up with your Sim or propose. You know? Like sometimes I don't want my Sim to break up with her/his boy/girlfriend however I do want them to not be together...I think it would be great to go either way.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »
I have gotten proposals to move in with a Sim after spending the night so I have  a feeling with high free will it is possible.

I already mentioned the moving in thing:

I've never known a Sim that's not under your control to propose autonomously.  The most I've seen them do is ask your Sim to move in, which gives you the opportunity to move into a different, and sometimes much nicer, house.

So, like I said, the most I've seen happen is the invitation to move in.  But never any kind of go steady or marriage proposal from a Sim I don't control.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 06:06:44 AM »
Could you choose what to do; turn him/her down or live with him/her?
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
Yes, you were given a choice to move in or leave things the way they were.  If there were other people living in the new house, you'd get control of them, too.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:19:15 PM »
No, unfortunately I think you have to do all that. The most I've gotten from another sim was an invite to move in and that is rare. I've yet to figure out what triggers it...I guess it's random if you're best friends and that sim has an extra bed at their house.

The only non-initiated romance i've had was the rampant gayness that spread through my neighborhood after the patch before last. That was the one that caused Hal to move in with the Crosby's...and he was snuggling with Odin while Heather watched and fumed. My sim got out of there as quickly as possible.

rokrchik

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »
I had a brother and sister in a house (Random and Fluke - I hate naming Sims, the pressure!). I went to play some other families and when I checked in on the siblings, Fluke was Abraham Finkel's girlfriend. Then I left for a few days again and when I came back, Abraham had moved in. I told them to try for baby, they did. I played long enough to see her spin into maternity clothes and then left again for a few Sim days. When I returned, the baby was a toddler and my Sim and Abraham had each other listed as fiancé/engaged in their relationship panel. I had absolutely nothing to do with her relationship with him! The only interaction I personally had a hand in was their first child. Who proposed to whom? I do not know. Guess I will find out when they're married and I see which last name they both have.

BTW - I found out they were engaged when I clicked on 'friendly' to tell her to chat or something with him and one of the options was 'enthuse about upcoming wedding' and I was like - say what?!

Funny side note - if a nauseous sim is nowhere near a bathroom/toilet when they need to hurl, they just do it on the street as Fluke did in this storyline did right in front of the grocery store. Uhm, EW.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »
Well rokrchik, that's the story progression for you! :)
It keeps the whole neighbourhood in a more living state, but you might want to be careful when controlling another family and leaving that story progression on. Your other sim family can divorce or move away without a notice to you!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

rokrchik

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »
Thanks Swede,
I like the story progession and leave it on because I love coming back to a house to see what changes have occured (if any - some families just do nothing worthwhile).

I was mainly responding as someone was wondering whether proposal's could/would happen autonomously. ;)

anything