Author Topic: The Ravensgate Legacy  (Read 91049 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ravensgate Legacy
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »
Okay, so triple post but well, this one deserves a new post. As in ever single Town. EA or non-EA, they crash it. Just plain Crash it. It must be in the Sims themselves whatever it is that is causing the issue - I mean even my straight from CAS, saved Sims crashes it. So I have no idea what to do now. I don't have crashing with other families in other games and this is seriously driving me nuts. I spent the day doing a reinstall. So I'm on the verge of grabbing a hammer right now.

So what can I try now? Well I can hope that this issue is not affecting all of the family, so I can try and see if Alison, who is leading the Heir Poll with 50% of the votes, is safe to use and just start over with her. What do you all think about this? I don't want to do it but this is just taking so much time and there is no point if I just can't play them - if it goes on any longer I will lose the will to ever play any of them again.  :-[
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2012, 03:05:43 PM »
Awww! i hope you fix the problem! and i hope Alison is safe to play! :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2012, 05:14:09 PM »
Sorry to hear things are not working out for you. I think your idea of trying Alison to continue this story is a great one. Your Legacy is too much of a great story to not continue it. I wish you all the best with your decision.
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2012, 05:00:14 AM »
Generation 2 - Alison's Quest for Truth

My life was perfect until everyone started telling the truth. I'm told how much I am like my Mother and how I have the charm of my Father. I truly hope I am not a liar like either of them. I may be overreacting but you would think I would have the right to know who I am - Why should I not! I want to be me. I want to know who me is, so that I can be that person. I want to know that I am the Grandchild of some murdered business tycoon and also a child from the eleventh generation of the Character family! I don't care what the reasons for keeping that information from me are, it is my right to know.

The people who, apparently, saved us destroyed the connections between our family. We all forgave and forgot. You just can't heal a wound like a lie between blood. My Parents took us back to Union Cove, the one place they left we were safe. Agent Skills had wanted to take us somewhere safer that nobody really knew about. My Parents argued till he had no choice but to allow them to go where they wanted. I don't remember Union Cove that much, we left shortly after I became a child, along with my twin brother Josh. Max and Katie wouldn't even remember that place remotely, Katie was just a baby then and Max not much older.

My Mother went on to become, ironically, a business tycoon in Union Cove. My Father became the highest political power in the Union Cove region of the World. My brother Josh joined the Army, he wants to become an Astronaut now. Max went off to some Army Boarding school as well, mainly because there were no other educational facilities willing to take him after his little stunt at the Union Cove school. Katie got a scholarship to the Arts school - she's such a talented singer and she'll be so successful one day.

What about me? I couldn't bare the break in our relationships, nothing was ever going to be the same, so I did the cowardly thing and I ran. I said my goodbyes to everyone. Practically drowning in the tears from my Mother and Katie. Max did his usual sulking but did hug me and Josh said nothing. He was furious with me and that broke my heart the most. Dad understood though, he had done a similar thing he said. He said that if I am ever in need of help to make a call to some woman he said I could trust with my life and so could anyone I ever care about, I've got her number and all.

I wonder if she can mend a broken heart from the hated you felt as your twin brother - someone who had gone through everything with you, been there for you forever - just stood and let you leave without anything but a goodbye. I doubt it. So that's why I ended up in my destination, with the help of Mr Skills - he was glad to help me to this 'safe' location. I guess he had got all the stuff prepared there for us before 'we' voiced our dislike of the location. Personally I find the bar here to be a particularly nice place, even if it does eat into the small funds you were given.

This was my second night at the bar, I'd slept at some dingy hostel over night. Mr Skills had not included an actual house with his deed he gave me, it was just a stupid field of grass. I could have spent my time better elsewhere, that and my money. I guess the people here notice newcomers easily. So maybe that is why this guy came over and asked if I needed some help. At first I was probably a little too rude, although that was most likely the nectar.

He asked me if I had a place to stay and a job. Turns out he was a local politician, naturally I didn't trust what he said, due to my only interaction with a politician. However he seemed genuine enough. I told him I had land but no house of any sort, that I was also unemployed.

He told me that I could try around at the firestation for a while, until I could afford a bed or any form of a house. I was about to be sarcastic to him but he beat me to it by asking what sort of career I was interested it. I told him I wanted to be in a logical career, maybe something where you have to find out lies and destroy them. Finding the truth. You know in movies everything goes according to plan? Well it seems today was one of those: The local Private Investigator had just retired and the town was in need of a new one. I decided to go and sign up for the job the next day.

I guess that maybe this place wouldn't be so bad. Maybe I could forge a life here. One based on truth and honesty. I just hope that I can manage to stick to this promise, they say you forget these promises over time but I really won't. Because this is now my life, nobody else can lie to affect mine. I will become the best darn Private investigator in this place and I will be able to find those needles in the haystack and kick the liars to the ground. Although I've got to work on things, I sound like my Mother when she gets all enthusiastic!

Tomorrow, my life will start anew, better and stronger than ever before. Tomorrow will be the start of my new life in Barnacle Bay.

So it seemed like Alison herself was also bugged as well as all of them. Although I think I may have fixed her. What I did was got her out of CAS, then cloned her. Deleted the original, then cloned the clone, changed one of the clones to male and then did the Create-A-Baby thing and got this copy of Alison, did her again and I think she looks pretty darn the same, so if she's not exact she's pretty similar. Hopefully this works now!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2012, 07:36:28 AM »
The new beginning sounds great . That was an awesome update. Sounds like you had to do a lot of work to be able to use Alison. I wish Alison luck in Barnacle Bay. Hope everything work out for you.  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2012, 07:38:51 AM »
The new beginning sounds great . That was an awesome update. Sounds like you had to do a lot of work to be able to use Alison. I wish Alison luck in Barnacle Bay. Hope everything work out for you.  :)

Thank you!  ;) She is actually pretty awesome, I wasn't expecting her to be, Lol. Despite her being so poor I'm having loads of fun - I've managed to get through a whole week. A rather interesting week for Ali...

loveSims

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2012, 07:49:26 AM »
She look great! Looking forward to the next update. The private investigator is a very fun career!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #337 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
She look great! Looking forward to the next update. The private investigator is a very fun career!

She's definitely got the best of both Parents there! I want to get some more unique sims in my Legacy, I am starting to feel that a lot of my Sims look similar so I want some unique ones in there!  :) The Private Investigator Career is very fun: as you are about to see ...

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: May 21, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
An Investigator At Your Service

So yeah, I could show you a picture of my land but why would you want to see a field of grass... unless you're into that sort of thing? Well sorry if you are but I though this picture would do much better, showing me, the trees off my land, the awesome mailbox and my favourite - the bin! I have about nine thousand left in the bank, not much, well it's more than some people have after a move like I've just been on. So money isn't that tight but I've got to watch it.

Just because I'm nearly poor doesn't mean I can't spend a little on myself. I was actually pretty smart about the money I spent, I bought one of those new Tablet things, they are not only great but also should pay a hand in helping me advance my Logic skills. Listening to the podcasts whilst out on the job, might keep me alert and everything.

I went straight to the police station to sign up as a Private Investigator. I got a few smirks, I mean seriously? Don't worry about me though, they all had the brainpower of a pebble. Although in their case the pebble was made out of sand because it crumbled under intense interrogation. I was tempted to sign up for the law enforcement post and then be their superiors within a week or two to just rub it in even more. Sadly I don't want to waste my time too much and so I moved on.

It was soon my turn to smirk when I came across my first case, the man was worried his boss was saying things about him on some forum... Yeah. It's part of the job to be lead by the evidence though and to not make judgements to early on. I decided to let the first impression drop within minutes of meeting the man.

I was quite pleased at how quickly I was able to pick up lockpicking, it is surprisingly easy you know. I felt a bit wrong for doing it but then again, this was for my career and this guy had a house, more than I have!

I was supposed to hack his computer but he didn't even have one! So that was a bit of a dead-end. How can you operate in this time without a computer! They are essential! Well apart from the irritating disruption to my case by my suspects lack of technology, the day was quite good. I went to the Bistro and practised my stakeout ... oh the irony! It's hard to do a stakeout though, so many celebrities happen to walk by and you just desperately want their autographs. I used to be a celebrity with my parents but thankfully nobody knew about my family here. After my failure of a stakeout I went and ate my steak outside. Just for the fun of it really - that and my lack of my own fridge at "home".

Somehow after that meal I got hit by a brainwave - maybe my suspect uses a public computer! So I headed on down to the library, and low and behold I found it and hacked it - it wasn't that hard really.

I told my client what I knew about his boss from hacking the computer, he was very pleased that I found out for him. He asked me not to repeat what I saw to anyone else though... Not that I was planning to. Client confidentiality and all that.

So off home I went, my first case and my first real day in Barnacle Bay went brilliantly. I think I'm going to love my life here, although I really need to work on getting a roof over my head, the stars are nice but I want something more... ceilingy?

And a good bed instead of that stupid sleeping bag! It's killing me!

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #339 on: May 21, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
Great update! I don't have Barnacle Bay so I'm very unfamiliar with all the sims and whatnot.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: May 21, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
Great update! I don't have Barnacle Bay so I'm very unfamiliar with all the sims and whatnot.

Thank you! I'm totally new to it as well, it was a rather unexpected solution to my problems as well, so far it seems to be a great one.  ;) I was building a World for them - which I still want to continue but it's exam season for me as well. I have an English GCSE tomorrow: To Kill a Mockingbird questions as well as two unseen poems.  ???

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
How have I missed two updates? That's an abomination! :o Teehee, awesome new beginning! Still jealous of your working tablet. :P I hope Barnacle Bay treats this legacy well!

loveSims

« Reply #342 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
Great update! I don't have Barnacle bay, it is nicr to meet some new sims. ;)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2012, 08:41:54 AM »
How have I missed two updates? That's an abomination! :o Teehee, awesome new beginning! Still jealous of your working tablet.I hope Barnacle Bay treats this legacy well!

It is an abomination!  :P Just kidding, it's fine, you still read it afterall! So far it's brilliant, although can't say the same thing about how the game itself is playing out...

Great update! I don't have Barnacle bay, it is nicr to meet some new sims. ;)

Yeah it is nice to meet some new sims. I think if you want really good looking Sims it would be best to start with a male founder sim rather than a female. There seems to be a shortage of good males around in BB - if they are good looking they have horrid traits.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2012, 09:05:46 AM »

On the Case and asking Questions

I've had enough of that stupid sleeping-bag, it isn't good at letting you sleep it keeps you awake all night as you just feel every single lump under you! It's unbelievable discomfort. Remember I met that guy at the bar who gave me the advice? Well I've taken all of it now: Join the Investigator Career and now sleeping at the Firestation. I guess I've got to get use to not having luxury like I used to have with my parents.

My job takes me all around the island, snooping for clues. The local horse population seems to have taken a distinct dislike to me which is a shame. I think when I'm older, like not old old but older, I'd like to get a horse and learn how to ride it. Not sure how practical a horse would be here but I mean how many other private investigators arrive to the scene or the crime on horseback?

My job also has a fair amount of embarrassing requirements. The police department say that I should do stakeouts a lot to keep my eyes and ears open to current affairs going on - like literally. You wouldn't think there would be enough sims on the island for the number of affairs going on!

I was working on a case when I think I caught a lead, I wasn't sure about it but I had to follow it anyway. It has been my only lead so far so I just had to follow it - this guy I think his name is Moe Pesce.

I followed the lead and interrogated him, only to find out later on in the case that he was being framed. How could you frame someone as nice as Moe, I mean he's friendly, kind, good looking and ... Yeah. He's a nice guy...

I finally saved enough money to afford to start building a small house, this is the living room and my bedroom. I only have two lights and a bed right now. The outside of the house still needs painting and all but I painted the inside of it.

Later that morning I discovered a burglar had broken in and taken my only two lights I owned right under my sleeping nose! Can you believe it! Of all the Sims on the island I get targeted - one of the poorest, wait the poorest, Sim on the island! I thought there wouldn't be any crime on the island but apparently they come in off the mainland sometimes. The thief left no fingerprints or evidence behind other than the missing lights.

Ironically the very same day I was able to try out my fingerprint dusting kit, some guy had reported a theft of something or other. Why couldn't my thief leave any clues behind like this one did!

I was down at the beach after finishing my last case of the week, it was dark and I was playing music from my new portable stereo I bought. That's when Moe Pesce came over.. We got talking about stuff, we have a bit on common and all. Difficult family relations and all that mess.

Then out of the blue, he gave me a bunch of yellow roses and told me I was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. How corny! I know, just a bit harsh but still. I guess it was sweet and all I mean, he's just a nice guy who may have got the wrong impression or something. I'm not looking for a relationship now or any time soon.

Not long after the awkward roses moment his pager went off and he had to go help at the hospital - some shipwreck accident. He said he'd like to see me again, I said maybe. I'm just not ready for something like this. Then again... how can you ever be ready for something like this? As he ran off up the path I realised that I like him. I don't know if I like him as a friend, or do I like him more than a friend? This is so unfair, I've been here for nearly a week and a half, now some guy has come along and got me wondering. Wondering what it's like to be really in love.

anything