Author Topic: The Ravensgate Legacy  (Read 91048 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ravensgate Legacy
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
Great update, I'm glad you finally got them into a new town. And did we miss Ali and Josh's teenage birthdays?

Yes, they had grown up just before I had to move them and I had been unable to get a screenshot of their makeovers. I will catch up shortly though, that is all you've missed. What do you think about them though?  :P Apart from the silly looks on their faces.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
Yes, they had grown up just before I had to move them and I had been unable to get a screenshot of their makeovers. I will catch up shortly though, that is all you've missed. What do you think about them though?  :P Apart from the silly looks on their faces.
I think they look great! I'm always so jealous of the people here who get beautiful looking offsprings.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
I think they look good too. How did you finally get the move to work?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »
Thank you everyone for the nice comments on the house! I actually quite like it, took me two tries to get it to look how I sketched it though. Proportions just are not my thing, Lol.  :P

I think they look good too. How did you finally get the move to work?

I lowered all of my settings and that seemed to fix it. I've raised them now and so far all seems perfectly fine and normal.  :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2012, 06:20:10 PM »
I lowered all of my settings and that seemed to fix it. I've raised them now and so far all seems perfectly fine and normal.  :)

You know, I didn't even think that would work, but I'm glad it did! Put that tip in the memory bank. ;)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »
I clicked on this story because I haven't started in a while and WOW that home is amazing!!! You should put it up for download so I can copy the idea study the architecture!  ;D

Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
I clicked on this story because I haven't started in a while and WOW that home is amazing!!! You should put it up for download so I can copy the idea study the architecture!  ;D

I agree! Not that I would even attempt to 'study the architecture' because me and building don't mix, but my simmies would be very, very thankful!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »

Thanks, I was planning on uploading it, but if you did want to study it then I'd hope you'd give credit and also not make it an exact replica.  ;) Thank you Fez!

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
Thanks, I was planning on uploading it, but if you did want to study it then I'd hope you'd give credit and also not make it an exact replica.  ;) Thank you Fez!

Of course I would! :D
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Lisey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »
So glad that you were able to move them successfully! It's always terrifying when legacies start to crash like that because we're not sure if we can continue. :( But I'm glad it worked out okay, and I'm excited for the adventure to continue! :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Oh , I'm so glad everything worked out for you . Wish you smooth sailing for the rest of your Legacy . It's so nice to see this family again . Your house is absolutely beautiful . Wouldn't expect anything less from a builder such as yourself . Great update . Looking forward to the next chapter .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Hekkie

« Reply #266 on: March 29, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »
Read your story today and I loved it, will keep reading for sure! Your screenshots are awesome and the prologue was really good. I kept hoping you'd fulfill Panther's wish of being surrounded by family because I love the nooboos  ;D lovely family and I'm looking forward to see the toddlers grow up.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2012, 10:34:55 AM »
I've really enjoyed reading this story. The screenshots, the writing, the plot; I really like it all. I hope you keep going and that the game goes easy on you. Good luck.

Thanks, it's still crashing when I ask too much of it. (Minimizing the game to check stuff on the forum, extreme edit town etc.)

So glad that you were able to move them successfully! It's always terrifying when legacies start to crash like that because we're not sure if we can continue. :( But I'm glad it worked out okay, and I'm excited for the adventure to continue! :)

Yeah, at least if I did lose this it's not too far in. I would be devastated if this had happened later on in the game.  :-\

Oh , I'm so glad everything worked out for you . Wish you smooth sailing for the rest of your Legacy . It's so nice to see this family again . Your house is absolutely beautiful . Wouldn't expect anything less from a builder such as yourself . Great update . Looking forward to the next chapter .  :)

Naaw, thank you!  :)

Read your story today and I loved it, will keep reading for sure! Your screenshots are awesome and the prologue was really good. I kept hoping you'd fulfill Panther's wish of being surrounded by family because I love the nooboos  ;D lovely family and I'm looking forward to see the toddlers grow up.

Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to fulfil it but I don't think I will. I mean in game Pink has only just aged up to an Elder and has at least 20 more Days left I think. I don't want to give up any of the Dogs - something just makes me now want to do that. So by the time a space opened up all the other kids would be Young Adults nearly and well Faye and Panther are already Elders anyway. Then again who knows. I haven't really thought about what entitles a child to be an heir really, I don't think I will be having Adopted Children as Heirs as they are not blood relations and the challenge is about sustaining the bloodline. So they could adopt later in life if that is what they want.

- Update coming soon, images are uploading whilst I type!  :D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
Settling In

We are settling in very well to Starlight Shores. It's so different to Union Cove - the people really are thicker here! Don't take that as an obnoxious retort or anything. I know I'm not the smartest button in the box - is that the saying? I do prefer it vastly to Bridgeport though. Bridgeport was a place of dirty lies, pollution and false families. I hope Starlight Shores has none of that. If it does it better prepare itself for when I come crashing down on it's stock markets and tear it financially apart. Then again, I could easily boost the markets if I so wished. As long as they are good to my children. 'Cause this right here is not a Mother you want to mess with.

I must say the new scenery has done wonders for my photography hobby, I'm classed as a Master of it now! Hobbies can be so rewarding if you put in effort to them.

Sadly during the move, all our folders and files were mixed up and lost. Along with the Twins' birthday party, they only had a few friends over but still it would have been nice for you to see. I snapped these two pics of them though for you to see how gorgeous my Husband and I are reincarnated as one.

Ali is just so sweet, but very feisty and stubborn, she is never wrong you know. Must take after her Father...

Th ever handsome Josh is also starting to work out and is filling out rapidly, I think his Father is getting jealous of his super-strong Son.

Ali is spending a lot of time up on the top floor with her Chemistry Set, apparently she is working on something that could prove some top scientist wrong. She is just so not competitive...

I started to teach Josh how to drive, I spent most of the time wondering if I would live to reach that promotion I wanted.

We're still decorating and adding to the house. We've had to leave Max and Katies room a bit mix-matched until they are old enough to design their own rooms. Until then here they are: Katie has the smallest room as she is the youngest it's Hot Pink! We might expand it into the bathroom next door as nobody uses that one and her room is really small.

Max has a very odd assortment of items. We know he likes Sea-Foam but we feel it doesn't suit him much at all. He's too mischievous for an angelic colour!

Josh, as good and sweet as he is, is going through a teenage thing - I hope. Very dark and cluttered. Can't say I'm a fan.

Panther and I have really just grabbed whatever for our room, we need to redesign it. I think you'll agree it is a very odd collection. I don't like it.

Ali has a very typical room for a teenage girl really. Suits her though and I wish mine had been like this, although I was never that sort of teenager really. Thinking about it I can't even remember what I had in my room when I was a teen. I spent most of the time ... somewhere else.

Panther complains he has too far to walk in the Kitchen. The exercise would do him good I say, his Pancakes are really quite calorie filled.

I bought myself some new toy, I don't know what it does but it's fun to look at........... That's a bad picture - who took that!

I like the Dining Room a lot though, very elegant. Makes us look very upper-class. Not sure if that fits me though: Faye Ravensgate, Upper Class Woman. Well maybe the name fits but still the last time I went to some fancy ball thing with my ... parents ... I shoved this old woman over and very verbally insulted another creepy guy. At least dinner with my family is a happy time, if we're even all there to eat. Josh is addicted to that bar thing we installed in the Games room - Yeah, we even have a Game Room!

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
Great update! I like the house a lot.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

anything