Author Topic: The Ravensgate Legacy  (Read 91193 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Ravensgate Legacy
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
Even with ErrorTrap and Overwatch the game still crashed when I tried to place them in Starlight Shores. This is getting irritating now. I'll try another town and hope that they work there instead.

I hope it works, but in case it doesn't - have you tried simply lowering your settings? Sometimes that's all it needs. :-\

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
Even with ErrorTrap and Overwatch the game still crashed when I tried to place them in Starlight Shores. This is getting irritating now. I'll try another town and hope that they work there instead.

Do you have the MTS Crash Tool Diagnostic? It's not all that specific, but it might be able to point you in the right direction. Another thing you could try to do is turn all your graphics settings to low then try to place them, that way your computer can dedicate everything to the move and not to making it look pretty, then just turn them back up if it works. If you keep having this problem, try to upload your family to the swapshop. I'd gladly download and try to place them in a town to see if there is a problem with your computer or if it's with the family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »
Do you have the MTS Crash Tool Diagnostic? It's not all that specific, but it might be able to point you in the right direction. Another thing you could try to do is turn all your graphics settings to low then try to place them, that way your computer can dedicate everything to the move and not to making it look pretty, then just turn them back up if it works. If you keep having this problem, try to upload your family to the swapshop. I'd gladly download and try to place them in a town to see if there is a problem with your computer or if it's with the family.

I'll try with the Graphics Levels. I don't have the MTS Crash Tool Diagnostic Thing, I've used something like it but they always say the same thing. Mainly my Card, probably because it is not on the supported list. I was planning on uploading them hopefully if I can get them into a game again!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »
I'll try with the Graphics Levels. I don't have the MTS Crash Tool Diagnostic Thing, I've used something like it but they always say the same thing. Mainly my Card, probably because it is not on the supported list. I was planning on uploading them hopefully if I can get them into a game again!

What supported list? Your card isn't on the supported list for running the game, you mean? I must be reading that wrong, because I'd never ever guess that considering your beautiful screenshots! ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
What supported list? Your card isn't on the supported list for running the game, you mean? I must be reading that wrong, because I'd never ever guess that considering your beautiful screenshots! ;D

Nope it isn't on there but I can run high graphics. Guess I am just lucky really!  :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »
Mine isn't on that list either, but I think the ones on the list are just cards that were around with the release of Sims 3. My card is newer, so I assume that's why it isn't on the list. When exactly does it crash? I missed a couple posts, but I last read that the game crashes just when you try to place them in a house. Does it crash at other times?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2012, 02:18:58 AM »
Mine isn't on that list either, but I think the ones on the list are just cards that were around with the release of Sims 3. My card is newer, so I assume that's why it isn't on the list. When exactly does it crash? I missed a couple posts, but I last read that the game crashes just when you try to place them in a house. Does it crash at other times?

When it finishes placing them and starts to zoom in to them as the active household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2012, 02:42:45 AM »
Oh! This happened to about a month ago! All I did was do a factory reset, and then I deleted all of my CC from the swap shop (Because of memory or something) and waited a week, and it was fine. Also, I turned down the settings a little bit, but not to low :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2012, 02:44:19 AM »
Oh! This happened to about a month ago! All I did was do a factory reset, and then I deleted all of my CC from the swap shop (Because of memory or something) and waited a week, and it was fine. Also, I turned down the settings a little bit, but not to low :)

Did you remove Store Content as well? If you did that might cause more of an issue to me as 75% of them and their house is Store Content. Hopefully just the lower settings will do it for me!

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2012, 02:46:55 AM »
Did you remove Store Content as well? If you did that might cause more of an issue to me as 75% of them and their house is Store Content. Hopefully just the lower settings will do it for me!

Nope, I kept all of my store stuff :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2012, 12:43:42 PM »
Starlight Shores, A New Beginning

I feel pretty selfish right now, I mean it's not just me that should make decisions for all of us but Panther and the kids said they were fine with it.  I just hope they meant it. Your're probably wondering what I'm talking about? Well you know how I've had a lot of time off work to have the kids, my Company isn't very good with organising maternity leave and so my career has suffered a lot from that. I don't blame anyone for that though. A few weeks ago though, after I had only been back to work for a few days really I was approached by another Company and they wanted me to work for them! It would be great for my career and really boost it in the right direction. However we had to move to a new town if I was to get it. We sat down and discussed it and it was agreed that we would move. Move a long way away to a place they call Starlight Shores.

I miss Union Cove so much already - all of it's beauty. We will hopefully return there one day but money makes the world go around. We also need some of it at the moment. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and well it works well for all of us. The School is of equal quality as in Union Cove and will offer our Kids a great future with many opportunities. It also turns out that shortly after we left the man in charge of things announced he had no intention of stepping down - meaning Panther would be stuck in his current role for a long time. However in Starlight Shores it appears the previous leader has just stepped down and they are about to start the elections up again! Hopefully Panther can get a foothold in! I signed up for the new job as soon as we got there, it's very modern this town.

Panther took the Kids to the Park. Josh might be missing someone we think, we had seen some signs of something but Ali says it was just a crush he had. She's fine with the move, there are not many teens in Union Cove which was a pity but hopefully she will make plenty of friends. She did leave one good friend behind though, which is sad but she will be keeping in touch over the phone.

I was first to our new home, we hadn't seen it yet as the Company was even paying for us to have it! They said it needs some furniture but we have plenty of that. I was expecting some small apartment in a busy area, or a town house. I certainly didn't expect a Cliff-side Modern place like this!

loveSims

« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »
I'm glad you move them successful! Good luck in Starlight Shores. ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
Good luck with Starlight Shores! That house is beautiful!

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »
Hooray! You finally got it to work! Best of luck in Starlight Shores! And wow, that house is beautiful.  :o
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2012, 02:58:01 PM »
Great update, I'm glad you finally got them into a new town. And did we miss Ali and Josh's teenage birthdays?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.