Author Topic: The Ravensgate Legacy  (Read 91132 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Ravensgate Legacy
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:34 PM »
Heh, that's cool! I actually found another one (near the Sims 3 logo). I certainly saw some oddball images in there! :o
Haha me too! ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2012, 03:28:05 AM »
Sorry about the delay in posting. I've had a busy weekend and so far a not so great week. I'm hoping to finally get around to installing the latest UC so that I can play them again.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2012, 07:00:41 AM »
I'm enjoying your story quite a bit, samoht.  Your writing is just outstanding.  I hope you keep going.  I do have a question, though.  Are these kids of Panther's and Faye the second generation?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2012, 12:10:34 PM »
I'm enjoying your story quite a bit, samoht.  Your writing is just outstanding.  I hope you keep going.  I do have a question, though.  Are these kids of Panther's and Faye the second generation?

Thank you Pam!  :) Yes - Alison, Josh, Max and Katie are all the Second Generation. I will keep going for sure, just confused over the latest Union Cove right now as I thought something was changed but it appears to not be and combined with this horrible throat I've got which isn't sore just feels icky and makes me cough. 

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »
Hope you feel better soon, Tom! I'm missing the Ravensgates. :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »
I think I'm going to have to move them. It's just everytime so far that I have tried to place them and their house in Union Cove it crashes. That combined with the super-long loading times just takes the fun out of it really. So I think I will relocate them. It's a shame because I love Union Cove but I don't think it is worth the crashing. Right now I'm trying to build a house for them - I even have one I like! How unusual, Lol.  ::)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2012, 04:52:57 AM »
Something is going really wrong. Each time I try to place them - be it in Union Cove or another World - they crash the game? I have no idea, I've tried the House and Them, the Family on their own, the house and then moving them separately into the house. Nothing works? Do you think installing Overwatch/Errortrap whilst moving them in would help?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2012, 05:40:22 AM »
Something is going really wrong. Each time I try to place them - be it in Union Cove or another World - they crash the game? I have no idea, I've tried the House and Them, the Family on their own, the house and then moving them separately into the house. Nothing works? Do you think installing Overwatch/Errortrap whilst moving them in would help?

I'd bet on ErrorTrap. I have no idea what's causing this, though, so ErrorTrap might not work. :(

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
You should definately get Overwatch and ErrorTrap. My own game has been freezing and crashing constantly and when I got those it was fixed. Also, doing a factory reset along with those is a good idea.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »
Factory reset is always good, but I think Tom meant he'd use the mods just temporarily? In that case, Overwatch wouldn't make a huge difference apart from with lag - but that'd be during actual gameplay. Correct me if I'm wrong about it being temporary by the way, Tom, that's just how I understood it. :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
I don't see the point of it being only temporary, the second he takes it away then the same problems will just start again.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
I don't see the point of it being only temporary, the second he takes it away then the same problems will just start again.

Well his exact words were: Do you think installing Overwatch/Errortrap whilst moving them in would help? Saying 'whilst moving them in' kinda implied it was temporary to me..

But you know what? You just reminded me - you're right! His file won't work properly anymore without the mod, especially ErrorTrap which is is a core mod. I still reccomend them both, they are absolutely fantastic. :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
Well his exact words were: Do you think installing Overwatch/Errortrap whilst moving them in would help? Saying 'whilst moving them in' kinda implied it was temporary to me..

But you know what? You just reminded me - you're right! His file won't work properly anymore without the mod, especially ErrorTrap which is is a core mod. I still reccomend them both, they are absolutely fantastic. :)

I've actually removed ErrorTrap just by dragging the Mods folder to the desktop without any repercussions in game play. I'd say install ErrorTrap, try to place the family, then just remove ErrorTrap by deleting it.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
I've actually removed ErrorTrap just by dragging the Mods folder to the desktop without any repercussions in game play. I'd say install ErrorTrap, try to place the family, then just remove ErrorTrap by deleting it.

Oh, I never knew it'd work like that! Well now I do, lol. ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »
Even with ErrorTrap and Overwatch the game still crashed when I tried to place them in Starlight Shores. This is getting irritating now. I'll try another town and hope that they work there instead.